Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Baby Mike Holmgren Cries

Pad_1

I just saw Mike Baby Holmgren crying to the Seattle fans that he didn't know that his team was going to need to play the officials as well as the Steelers, in the Super Bowl.

Well Mike Baby Holmgren where were your cries of disparity over the phantom Interference call against the Redskins in the game you won with the help of the thirteenth man.

What goes around comes around! Granted this may well have been one of the worst officiated Super Bowls that I have ever had the misfortune to view. But that type of officiating was going on all year; and dare I say that you and the Seahawks would never even have been in the Super Bowl yesterday, had the officials not handed you playoff game against my Skins.

ummmmm.... the 2005 season is over. We can let the past go now, pad_1. It is a good point though, I will say that the officiating of 2005 will be under a lot of scrutiny during the off season. It better be!! I wouldn't be surprised if this year held a record for most questionable plays submitted to the NFL by the coaches.

There was a lot of bad calls in the Redskins regular season.

Hey... if ESPN is looking to do a legitimate, thought-provoking story... maybe they could tackle this subject and demand answers.

The bad calls the officials made in the superbowl are the best thing that could have happened,now the nfl will be forced to take a good hard look at it.

To bad it made what could have been a great SB into a boring one.Let the damn players play,and keep the ****in flags in your pocket unless it is an

obvious penalty.

I don't like when we blame the refs either unless its an obvious call that goes the wrong way (i.e. Tampa game)....But for the most part I really disliked when we'd complain about calls and send in videotape to the league after every single game.

However, I don't see how Seahwaks fans can complain about some of those calls. Darrel Jackson didn't throw the safety out of the way with a vicous push off BUT that push is what caused the separation that allowed him to catch the ball. It was clearly offenseive interference. And when talking about calls, why doesn't Holmgren bring up Steven's fumble that was ruled an incompletion in the first quarter??

They had their opportunities to win; bad clock management, drops, missed fg's, and an untimely interception by Hasselback cost them the game....They have nobody to blame but themselves.

I don't like when we blame the refs either unless its an obvious call that goes the wrong way (i.e. Tampa game)....But for the most part I really disliked when we'd complain about calls and send in videotape to the league after every single game.

However, I don't see how Seahwaks fans can complain about some of those calls. Darrel Jackson didn't throw the safety out of the way with a vicous push off BUT that push is what caused the separation that allowed him to catch the ball. It was clearly offenseive interference. And when talking about calls, why doesn't Holmgren bring up Steven's fumble that was ruled an incompletion in the first quarter??

They had their opportunities to win; bad clock management, drops, missed fg's, and an untimely interception by Hasselback cost them the game....They have nobody to blame but themselves.

I don't see why everyone keeps bringing up that Stevens fumble, even if it was a fumble then the Hawks would have had 1st and goal. The ball went sailing forward and then out of bounds. I believe the team that fumbled gets the ball back unless the ball isn't allowed to advance or something, but it didn't go out of the endzone. So I dont see how it could have benefitted the Steelers except the way it happened. So in essence your adding another call to the list of bad calls the refs made against the Hawks.

I think this superbowls officiating was not unlike any other game this season. It sucked. Way to end the season zebras. The NFL seriously needs to fix this. The sport will suffer bad if its not corrected. Looking back at the officiating this season, then to top it all off with the terrible calls in the SB. Thats unacceptable. Its unfair to every team in the leauge. I dont like the seahawks at all but they got the shaft. Sad to say, the main topic of SuperBowl XL, will always be the officiating, not the performance of the teams. I dont blame holmgren for ****ing. Had that happened to the skins...I would have been arrested by now.

If I remember correctly, during the playoffs the best officiating teams called the games, during the super bowl they chose the "best' officials and made a team of them. I wonder if the fact that they had not worked together before had any effect on the calls? I can remember other superbowls where I thought the officials were calling penalties that were somewhat suspect, and others where they seemed to let the players go play. Does anyone know how other superbowl officals were selected? It seemed like the officials had the thought in their head that "I'm one of the best, and I want to show the others that I don't miss anything."

I hate to point this out, but isn't it odd for a Redskins fan to ridicule someone for blaming the refs when its a common theme amongst us after we lose a game?

:doh:

i agree. we always ***** about calls made by the refs, and i certainly dont mind holmgren coming out and saying what he said. if anything, he contained himself, he could have just as easily pulled a jerry porter.

I must be the only one but the superbowl wasn't reffed that bad to me. That play was a offensive pass interference. Big Ben's TD looked like a TD to me. Yes there was a questionable holding call, and low blocking call but other than that it wasn't that bad to me. Holmgren needs to shut up and just take the L. He needs to blame his coaching and TE. I'm taking Porter in an alley with me and we are kicking somebodies @$$!!

I think this superbowls officiating was not unlike any other game this season. It sucked. Way to end the season zebras. The NFL seriously needs to fix this. The sport will suffer bad if its not corrected. Looking back at the officiating this season, then to top it all off with the terrible calls in the SB. Thats unacceptable. Its unfair to every team in the leauge. I dont like the seahawks at all but they got the shaft. Sad to say, the main topic of SuperBowl XL, will always be the officiating, not the performance of the teams. I dont blame holmgren for ****ing. Had that happened to the skins...I would have been arrested by now.

For which calls would you have been upset about. I think the only one my homerism would have taken over was the holding call. I think it was holding but if that was against the skins I think the rage would have taken over.

You don't push off in the endzone during the Super Bowl with the ref close enough to slap you. That was a good call. What was the ref supposed to do? Can you imagine what the comments would have been if Pittsburgh would have lost? We'd be here complaining that he didn't make the call. I didn't hear it but someone told me Michael Irvin said at halftime that it shouldn't have been a penalty. That's good enough proof for me. If Dallas Crackboy "Captain Push-off" doesn't think it's a push off it has to be one.

AWWW boo hoo hoo get over it Holmgren yes , the officiating was bad and it did effect the game but not enough to determine the outcome of the game. The bottom line is that the Seahawks had every opportunity to take full control of the game it should have never came to the point of controversial calls. It wasn't the ref fault for the following:

1 Your team gives up a long completion on a 3rd & 28 call wow what great defensive scheme there Mike

2. Your team gave up a 75 yd Td run to Willie Parker who for the most part was quiet all game as well during the playoff run my I guess the refs got in the way that why not one Seahawk could make a tackle

3. Your team gave up a huge Td on a trick play everybody saw it coming even Stevie Wonder saw a trick play was coming anytime Randle El has the ball in his hand most likely it is some sort of a gadget play

The Seahawks outplayed the Steelers for the most part but The Steelers made the plays when they had to and that is what won the game all this other stuff about refs is just bs..

This is just Holmgren redirecting criticism to someone else.

He gets frustrated and stops coaching in games. I said that near the end of the first half when he had that look on his face. After the clock debacle at the end of the half the people around me thought I was a prophet or something. :)

He blew it and now he wants to put the blame on someone else. If I was the Seahawks owner I would tell him to apologize and take the blame for bad clock management (you'll notice he blamed it on Hasslebeck at halftime) or your butt is in the street. But of course they don't manage football teams like people manage businesses so that won't happen.

Yes I agree officiating was bad. Was it as bad as the Seahawks are saying .. no... there was a push off on the TD in the endzone, in my opinion, Ben's TD was a TD (tip of ball crossed the plane).

However what I hate to see is Holmgren "announcing" this to the fans. When Gibbs was fined for it... that even shocked me because that is just not Gibbs, but he was at least talking to the media and not saying to the fans "I didn't know we were going to have to play the refs too".

There's a difference when fans complain and moan and groan. It's our nature to want to find blame anywhere but the fact that perhaps the team just wasn't as good as the other one that particular day.

For a coach to do it.. and broadcast it to the fans of the team... (especially one of Holmgren's "credibility".. really, really bothers me.

For a coach to do it.. and broadcast it to the fans of the team... (especially one of Holmgren's "credibility".. really, really bothers me.

He didn't have much (after he "let" the Broncos score to "leave more time on the clock" and not being able to be the coach and GM like he wanted) to begin with. This proves he's a whiner and he needs to get over it and himself.

Archived