Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pittsburgh IS NOT tied for the most rings!

Kenny

Who do the fanatical Muslims hate the most  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who do the fanatical Muslims hate the most

• British
    • Americans
    • Danish
    • French
    • Spanish
    • Israelis
    • Puppies
    • Bugs Bunny
    • ANY cartoon character
    • [Fanatical] Muslims are too utterly confused and full of hatred to know who
    • They indiscriminately hate anything with a pulse
    • Russians
    • Other

Do people even know their history? I keep on hearing how Pittsburgh "tied San Francisco and Dallas for the most rings." Bull!

They tied San Fran, Dallas and WASHINGTON for 4th all time in NFL Championships with 5.

Green Bay has the most rings with 12, Chicago with 9, NY Giants with 6 THEN the group I just mentioned with 5.

HTTR!!

You have got to be kidding me. You just embarrassed every real Redskins fan.

Bottom Line: Pre-Superbowls do not count. Now go back to your trading cards.

According to the OFFICIAL NFL site they count:

http://www.nfl.com/history/randf/records/team/championships

And I guess we should just unretire Sammy Baugh's number since he played in the "pre Super Bowl era." Obviously it doesn't count!(sarcasm) I mean WHAT IF a new way of determining a champion came about at some point in the future? Are they then not going to count Super Bowls?

And how am I embarassing myself? Obviously a "real Redskin fan" would give his team credit for championships they won! Now go back to determining who real Redskins fans are while I go back to not really giving a cow dung what you think!

HTTR!!

Do people even know their history? I keep on hearing how Pittsburgh "tied San Francisco and Dallas for the most rings." Bull!

They tied San Fran, Dallas and WASHINGTON for 4th all time in NFL Championships with 5.

Green Bay has the most rings with 12, Chicago with 9, NY Giants with 6 THEN the group I just mentioned with 5.

HTTR!!

Pittsburgh ARE tied with San Fran and Dallas for the most SUPERBOWL WINS. This means championships AFTER the AFL-NFL merged. :D

See for yourself:

http://www.superbowl.com/history/standings

I know who has the most SUPERBOWL W's. I get that!

But why do they list most team championships in the NFL record book on their official site if they don't count NFL titles?

See:

http://www.nfl.com/history/randf/records/team/championships

Or go down to NFL Records on the history page of NFL.com. Scroll down to Team Championships and the list that's in my original post is listed.

HTTR!!

NFL Titles DO count! With that logic every record set before the SB era should be thrown out and every pre-SB Hall of Famer should be kicked out of the hall. A championship is a championship. The NFL is the only sport where winners before a certain area are not recognized. Does the NBA not recognize winners before the ABA merged?

To dismiss these titles as nothing is as shallow and narrow minded as the poke fans that think Tex Schramm invented football in 1960.

PS, for another poster. The merger wasn't complete until after SB III.

http://www.profootballhof.com/history/team.jsp?franchise_id=32

But the organization's glorious past dates back almost 60 years and includes five overall world championships and some of the most innovative people and ideas the game has ever known.
-- from our franchise history on NFL.com

Now please keep on telling me it doesn't count while I laugh at you!

HTTR!!

OK, I've done some research. I can't find any mention of NFL Championship rings. Therefore, I have to conclude that Pittsburgh is tied with Dallas and SF for the most rings, which is the original subject of this thread.

Unless the original poster was talking about wedding rings or something else.

I'm talking about championships. When I say rings I mean Championships.

HTTR!!

Ring or not I don't know if they handed out rings before the super bowl. Heck, I don't know if they gave them to the Packers after I & II or if this was a tradition started years later. If we're speaking literally rings then five is the most I guess but NFL Titles...they have to take a number and take a seat like the rest of the NFL chasing the Packers.

Really Sad....This great game was built on the backs of those pre SB players. They deserve to be counted. Rings smings....Those guys played for pennies compared to todays millionairs..Show some respect NFL. It is the least we can do.

I'm talking about championships. When I say rings I mean Championships.

HTTR!!

Then say what you mean.;)

Rings are associated with Super Bowl Wins. Championships are associated with the entire history of a franchise.

The Modern era is considered beginning at the first Super bowl, before that you both NFL & AFL champions, and a couple other leagues that competed against the NFL.

The WFL & USFL we not considered equalivent leagues, and no teams morphed into NFL like previous leagues had.

It seems as though in every other major sport, all championships, despite when they were won, are counted. Now that could be just my perception,( and I do understand the major reasons why), but it does seem as though teams like the Celtics, Yankees, Bruins, ect get to count all of theirs. Officially and by the media at large. I also believe that...........

Actually, if you don't count the pre SB championships, then Philly is without a championship. :)

Championships? What Championships? ;)

Archived