Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The GOP are a bunch of cowards

boobiemiles

I know there is alot of bashing on Liberals as "soft, terrorist friendly, tree hugging idiots". But no body can ever say a Liberal is a coward. Atleast liberals stand up for what they believe, and are willing to say something, when there are so many sheep in the Senate and Congress. I hate the fact that the GOP has control of the House and Senate. In a country like ours, at a time like this there needs to be checks and balances to ensure the entitlements of our Constitution. I thought that no matter what party you align yourself with, your first duty as an elected public offical is to uphold the liberties of the people that is guaranteed by the constitution, and not blindly base your principles on party lines. Which brings me to reason I say that the GOP is a bunch of cowards. Ever since 9-11, this party has used the fear of the people to maintain power. They say "do you want the Democrats back so there can be another 9-11?" Did anybody forget that 9-11 happened on their watch, when they got their non elected President in office. Did they forget that they didn't pay attention to the Clinton administration warning that AlQuieda was a great threat, especially after the bombimg of the USS Cole? Maybe they did, but I didn't. And it pisses me off because I'm want to be a republican. I want a small government, that taxes me less, and allows me to make contributions to society as I deem fit. But that is the problem. Bush is hardly fiscally conservatives, and the real problem is the people of his own party are not calling him out. GW had the audascity(sp?) to ask for another 120 billion for the War on Iraq.......I thought the war was over. Why are his constiguents calling him out about that? Why is this party bending over for this guy? I feel this party is going to pay in November......unless they use the fear factor again to galvanize people to vote for the GOP. That has been their tactics for the last six years anyway. What a bunch of punks.

I know this thread will get locked down. But I needed to get this off my chest.

Wow, it took 30 years of living to come up with THAT?!!

Right, a liberal who sits in San Francisco smoking dope-

is just as brave as someone like Airborneskins who can be deployed to Afghanistan, Iraq or Iran and have to kill a terrorist with his bare hands.

:laugh:

where were all your "brave" liberal politicians last week- when half the Democrats turned their back on Kerry and voted for cloture in the Alito confirmation? :cool:

Wow, it took 30 years of living to come up with THAT?!!

Right, a liberal who sits in San Francisco smoking dope-

is just as brave as someone like Airborneskins who can be deployed to Afghanistan, Iraq or Iran and have to kill a terrorist with his bare hands.

:laugh:

where were all your "brave" liberal politicians last week- when half the Democrats turned their back on Kerry and voted for cloture in the Alito confirmation? :cool:

I'll give him credit for thinking it up on his own. Unlike your click wirrr responses which continue to prove you are unable to stay on topic.

I disagree on one part and that is that the Democrats are a bunch of cowards. They're too worried about public perception and are way too wishy washy. The Republicans on the other hand are becoming masters of propaganda. They are consistently getting elected on a basis that has nothing to do with the issues they should be addressing. The right wing actually has a lot of people in this counrty believing that if you disagree with them you are unpatriotic and unchristian. Thomas Locke once wrote "you can get people to vote against their economic interests by appealing to their base moral values." That's the republican propaganda machine in a nut shell. All these people from the lower classes are voting republican because of issues like abortion, gay marriage and the like not realizing that they are also voting for the shrinking of the middle class and the increased separation of wealth between the upper and lower classes.

boobie, have some patience. The Republican party is going to ay dearly in the 2006 elections. They are now refusing to stop privately-funded travel and thus, after all the scandals, there will be no significant lobbying reform what-so-ever. The Dems will use this isue among others to win back the senate or the house and re-establish the checks and balances as our founding fathers intended. Hopefully, the ethics committee will start to actually do it's job as well.

Republicans are cowards not because 9/11 happened 9 months after Bush was elected, while congress wouldnt appoint his people and were stalling.

Republicans are cowards not because 'the selected' not 'elected' mantra.

Republicans are cowards not because wiretapping 5000ish people i think in the last years.

Republicans are cowards not because of the spending. (well not at the top of the list at least.

The Republicans are cowards because they don't lead and the Ethics committee is a joke. Everything they stand for is being pushed aside while their in power. It will be yelled for upon losing it thats for sure.

No SSA fixing

No Border fixing

No Immigration fixing

No Ethics Slamming

Not a single Veto on anything for 6 years?

No Stance, lots of Rhetoric....

Archived