Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The real reason why the Seahawks lost

Hambone26

I may not be the most macho guy in the world, but I'm sure you all noticed the song that was playing when the Seahawks ran out onto the field before the biggest game in their franchise's history: Bittersweet Symphony by Verve (1997). I was absolutely shocked at such a lame choice - how can anyone possibly get fired up to that? Isn't that something that would've been more appropriate after a loss? It also has great lyrics to strike fear into your opponant and give your team confidence: "Well I never pray, But tonight I'm on my knees yeah." and "I'll take you down the only road I've ever been down" (losing the big games). No wonder they seemed so flat - they were crying inside.

First off, I love that song. I'm actually quite angry that the band broke up after the supposedly borrowed harmony :rolleyes:

Second, I do agree with you though. Its not exactly what I would call "entrance music"

Third, what did the Steelers come out to? I'm having a brain fart and can't remember :(

The Seahawks lost primarily because of three things:

1. Too many dropped passes

2. Penalties at crucial times

3. Piss-poor clock management

You could tell the Seahawks were flustered with time running out...they had used up all their timeouts, and simply did not have enough time left to get two scores...hell, they didn't even get one. Their clock management SUCKED last night.

But that's okay...I wanted the Steelers to win...for Russ and The Bus!!! :cheers:

I may not be the most macho guy in the world, but I'm sure you all noticed the song that was playing when the Seahawks ran out onto the field before the biggest game in their franchise's history: Bittersweet Symphony by Verve (1997).

That is the song that the play at Qwest Field when the Seahawks take the field, it is amazing they got this far. :laugh:

it was somewhat cinematic for an entrance, but far from intimidating. i thought the same thing, until i heard the pretty gay upbeat eletronic song the steelers came out with. that led me to believe that the songs were picked by the stage production group or something. they both blew... i hope that was the case and the team didn't agree on them.

That is the song that the play at Qwest Field when the Seahawks take the field, it is amazing they got this far. :laugh:

is Verve from Seattle? I guess that's what people are used to listning to when they're sitting in Starbucks, checking the weather forecast, and getting depressed over another 6000 straight days of rain. They should doctor some firey music that actually came out of Seattle - maybe "Smells like Seahawk Spirit?" What does a dead bird smell like?

The Seahawks lost because they took 30 seconds to run a play with 35 seconds left in the game or half. It almost made me think they were throwing the game it was so bad what they were doing. The throws in the flat when they needed two scores, not using their final timeout. Seattle played like ****. Sorry, but thats the only way to describe it.

have you guys heard that Steelers song?

"here we go....Pittburgh's going to the Super bowl, here we go"

you wanna hear something that sounds *****, listen to that one. Easily doesnt compare to HTTR!

Its sounds like the poeple singing it are on morphine or something, monotone low volume singing.

First off, I love that song. I'm actually quite angry that the band broke up after the supposedly borrowed harmony :rolleyes:

Second, I do agree with you though. Its not exactly what I would call "entrance music"

Third, what did the Steelers come out to? I'm having a brain fart and can't remember :(

Steelers came out to "Right Here, Right Now" by Fatboy Slim. It's used a lot over here, unfortunately, to try and get some atmosphere going and it usually fails.

:dallasuck

I may not be the most macho guy in the world, but I'm sure you all noticed the song that was playing when the Seahawks ran out onto the field before the biggest game in their franchise's history: Bittersweet Symphony by Verve (1997). I was absolutely shocked at such a lame choice - how can anyone possibly get fired up to that? Isn't that something that would've been more appropriate after a loss? It also has great lyrics to strike fear into your opponant and give your team confidence: "Well I never pray, But tonight I'm on my knees yeah." and "I'll take you down the only road I've ever been down" (losing the big games). No wonder they seemed so flat - they were crying inside.

Considering the song was stolen from the Rolling Stones--who just happened to play the halftime show--I'd bet it was them who requested that song to be played and got every penny it cost to play it. Meanwhile, Verve is still playing divebars.

:laugh: :laugh:

Archived