Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New round 2 mock draft up -- Redskins pick...

MoDaddy

Derek Hagan, WR, Arizona State

By Scott Wright's own analysis, I don't think this is a player Gibbs and Co. will pick in the second round. I still think that if they elect to draft a "receiver" in the second round it will be one of the pass catching TEs like Byrd, Lewis, Fasano, or Klopfenstein, depending on who is available. (I'm assuming Vernon Davis and Leonard Pope will be gone).

The only way I see a WR being drafted by the Skins in round 2 is if Maurice Stovall is available, given his size, hands, and upside (still getting better). Otherwise, I see us going TE or picking the best player available on defense. JMHO.

Anyone else?

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockround2.html

:logo: I wouldnt mine having Derek Hagan , he is a great reciever at the college level , has nice size to be a possesion reciever but if we do get a WR thru free agency , we should try to get dominque byrd , if royal doesnt resign

Derek Hagan, WR, Arizona State

By Scott Wright's own analysis, I don't think this is a player Gibbs and Co. will pick in the second round. I still think that if they elect to draft a "receiver" in the second round it will be one of the pass catching TEs like Byrd, Lewis, Fasano, or Klopfenstein, depending on who is available. (I'm assuming Vernon Davis and Leonard Pope will be gone).

The only way I see a WR being drafted by the Skins in round 2 is if Maurice Stovall is available, given his size, hands, and upside (still getting better). Otherwise, I see us going TE or picking the best player available on defense. JMHO.

Anyone else?

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockround2.html

No idea if we will go WR in the second round - personally I hope we go O'Line or D'Line depth.

Interested to understand why you think we would go for a pass ctaching TE when we have Chris Cooley doing quite nicely in that role already (I know he plays H back but the two roles are pretty interchangeable). Robert Royal and Mike Sellers are pretty good blockers as well.

Agree we need a #2 WR but I doubt a second or 3rd round pick is going to come in and contribute so I see us gettinga FA or trade for that spot. Other glaring need is some quality depth on the O'line and that is where I would spend my #2 if there is a player worthy of the pick left.

HTTR

Martin

It's really hard to determine which players will be available at our pick in the second round because these mocks are usually based on team needs. Generally, two factors determine the difference between the mocks and what actually happens with the draft.

1) Need priority. Matching the BPA (best player available) with a team's need can be pretty tricky.

2) Free agency. If a team picks up a guy in FA that fills what many consider to be the top need, their direction could likely change. A team might flip-flop it's second and third needs based on the players available.

We likely won't even be able to narrow down our top five candidates in the second round until close to Draft Day.

No idea if we will go WR in the second round - personally I hope we go O'Line or D'Line depth.

Interested to understand why you think we would go for a pass ctaching TE when we have Chris Cooley doing quite nicely in that role already (I know he plays H back but the two roles are pretty interchangeable). Robert Royal and Mike Sellers are pretty good blockers as well.

Martin

According to the Chief fans, Saunders always wanted a quality H back to go with TE Gonzalez. So who knows. Sellers is a great blocker but wasn't used frequently in the Offense because he was so heavily involved in special teams. It would be nice see a TE pickup but not with the #2 round pick considering serious needs at WR and OL and DL (depth). After all, Skins found Cooley in the 3rd round. My wish list: in free agency Joe Jurevicious (or similar), a quality no-name DT to spell Salavea, and a quality OG. Use the draft for best available players but look particularly for DE/DT, OC/OG, CB and WR.

you guys haven't seen Derek Hagen in person. Being an ASU fan here in Arziona, he is a player you want on your side of the ball. I was pissed when i saw the cowboys were supposed to draft him in the early mock drafts because this guy is good. Reminds me of a gary clark or in this day and age Reggie Wayne!

:puke: :puke: :puke:

If we draft this clown I will wear the pink Redskins Jersey to every game this year :puke:

One thing wrong with this kid from watching the senior bowl practices and game the kids hands are 40-60:doh:

why does everyone go by what they do in senior bowl practices? That has nothing to do with holding every ASU Recieving record in history. He's a WR that can make plays. He's been the #1 WR on that team since his freshman year when Sean McDonald left to go pro. He's won 4 bowl games in his years with ASU. He's a winner!!!

It's really hard to determine which players will be available at our pick in the second round because these mocks are usually based on team needs. Generally, two factors determine the difference between the mocks and what actually happens with the draft.

1) Need priority. Matching the BPA (best player available) with a team's need can be pretty tricky.

2) Free agency. If a team picks up a guy in FA that fills what many consider to be the top need, their direction could likely change. A team might flip-flop it's second and third needs based on the players available.

We likely won't even be able to narrow down our top five candidates in the second round until close to Draft Day.

Agreed. But since we aren't there yet, I just speculate that I don't see the Skins going WR with that pick, and specifically not Hagan (of course, what do I know?).

Archived