Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Glauber: Montana skips out on MVP SB ceremony over money

SkinsD

Heard this on Mike & Mike. According to Bob Glauber Montana wanted $100,000 to participate in the SB MVP ceremony.

Found the article by Glauber:

http://www.amny.com/sports/football/ny-spmvps054614898feb05,0,5893764.story

If this is true that is downright pathetic on Montana's part. He was in Detroit doing other paid spokesman stuff anyway. He couldn't take an hour to participate in what I thought was the best part of the SB? Montana made a lot of money because of football, imo he owes the fans of the game to celebrate the game that made him all that money.

Per Glauber he was supposed to do the coin flip too.

It was his job... after you retired from your job would you go back and do things for free because they paid you for 15 years?? or would you ask to be paid to participate as your services will bring them extra money?

I agree with this. Good for Joe Montana... he owes the fans and the NFL nothing. If anything, the NFL owes him.

Good analogy.

No big deal, he was probably filming another FedEx commercial to embarass himself even more in.

And if he doesn't want the league to celebrate his Super Bowl accomplishments, then oh well. It's nice to see most of the former MVPs come back to salute the fans and relive a little of their glory. Especially Doug, Ryp, and Riggo.

It was his job... after you retired from your job would you go back and do things for free because they paid you for 15 years?? or would you ask to be paid to participate as your services will bring them extra money?

The NFL didn't have to honor him by putting him in the HoF either. If I were the NFL, I'd take all of his crap sitting in the HoF and throw it in the dumpster.

Maybe Montana and Bradshaw wanted a higher fee so that they could donate it to charity. Anyone think of that? I'm quite sure $100K isn't a big deal to either of those HOF MVP Qbs. Maybe Bradshaw and Montana felt the sponsors should have ponied up more money in order to give it to charity groups identified by the NFL or to the player's choice of charities.

It's obviously about money for Joe Montana. Fedex must've paid his ass a ton for those ridiculous commercials.

Probably. But the mans time is valuable. $100k for the NFL at this point is a drop in the ocean. One less ivory ass scratcher for Tagliabue.

Plus it was classic seeing Brady get booed. I like Brady, but that was hilarious, especially his reaction.

Probably. But the mans time is valuable. $100k for the NFL at this point is a drop in the ocean.

If it were not for the NFL Montana would still be working somewhere as a pencil pusher and would not be making Fed Ex Commericals

AS for Bradshaw he is the biggest jerk I have every met, I met him while on fishing trip in Fla. back in the 70's. I have met my fair share of pro atheletes but this guy was the biggest ***** I have ever met. I will not watch fox pre game because he is on it

Maybe Montana and Bradshaw wanted a higher fee so that they could donate it to charity. Anyone think of that? I'm quite sure $100K isn't a big deal to either of those HOF MVP Qbs. Maybe Bradshaw and Montana felt the sponsors should have ponied up more money in order to give it to charity groups identified by the NFL or to the player's choice of charities.

Oh puuuulease! This is sarcasm right? You can't actually believe this!

Touching thought, but come on..

Probably. But the mans time is valuable. $100k for the NFL at this point is a drop in the ocean. One less ivory ass scratcher for Tagliabue.

Plus it was classic seeing Brady get booed. I like Brady, but that was hilarious, especially his reaction.

What i thought was weird was how Larry Brown got booed. I thought 'yes, they're going to boo all the cowboys.' But they were actually rather polite to the rest.

NM - i just remembered who he got his MVP versus. :doh:

Guest sith lord

Well, when they start honoring custodial workers, give me a call.

Guest Gichin13

I think this entire thing is somewhat in doubt. Not sure if posted on this thread, but Montana told Dan Patrick he wanted to see his kid's game ...

Archived