Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This Super Bowl Shows

bknp7

This superbowl shows that to have a lagitamate shot at winning your going to have to have a quarterback that is willing to stay in the pocket and make some reads,also one that when it breaks down you can scramble.I'm not bashing Mark but calm on do we really think that Mark can do those thing at his age and do it on a consistant basis?Please make the right choice coaches!

I'm not Mark's biggest fan for the future, but it's not like Tom Brady is a scrambler and I'm pretty sure he recently won 3 Super Bowls by only sitting in the pocket. I wouldn't argue that having a lot of Steelers fans at the game helped them since they didn't really get into the game until the second half.

I'm just saying that Hasselback stayed in the pocket as long as he could made his reads and when it wasn;t there he scrambled how many times did we see mark do that one read and boom off to the sidlines it went.You have to make more than one read in the NFL.Ok so Mark is old and can't scramble thats ok but make more than 1 read and then throw it away it would atleast make us feel like he is doing all he can instead of being scared to death to take a hit.

While I agree Mark has thrown it away more than a few times without looking quickly for other options, it's not exactly like Taylor Jacobs or Jimmy Farris are necessarily quality targets. And he scrambled for some clutch first downs, the first Dallas game immediately comes to mind, and I'm pretty sure he had a big one in the Tampa playoff game. I'd rather he throw it away rather than an interception anyway.

True i will take a throw away over an int. any day but there were way more times he could of took another read.Granted are other wr's are atleast avg.you have to give thes guys a shot at making a catch 1or2 may be all it takes to get jacobs going one catch were he breaks one and maybe the NFL sees what kind of sped this guy really has.

It also shows it helps to have the refs calling everything against your oponnent and it also helps to have a "home" game at the superbowl

You can't blame the Pittsburgh fans for travelling and loving their team. It's just that half of Seattle probably didn't even know the Seahawks were playing in this game.

what this Super Bowl shows is that if you are a solid football team on both sides of the ball and are healthy, you have the chance to go to and win a Super Bowl :)

years ago you had to have a dominant team to win a Super Bowl. not anymore.

a performance by a winning qb like Roethlisberger would not have produced a win 20 years ago. the competition was just too good.

the simple fact remains that a LOT of the teams watching at home tonight, the Redskins, Panthers, Giants, etc.. from the NFC have a legitimate chance of representing the conference in the Super Bowl in 2007 with a good offseason, draft, and some luck with health during the season :)

and THAT is great news for us fans isn't it?

It also shows it helps to have the refs calling everything against your oponnent and it also helps to have a "home" game at the superbowl

I do agree the officiating was a bit less than stellar. But as far as the home game, how long ago was Detroit chosen as the super bowl site? Would we as Redskin fans be complaining if the Super Bowl were in Charlotte and we were in it? I don't think so..Go SKINS and Congrats to the Steelers.

Archived