Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rolling Stones need to shut it down

tizzod

I kinda agree with you... Mick cant really sing anymore and they sounded out of tune...I cant believe people pay like hundreds of dollars to see them..

-Grant

Forgot to write that part! :laugh: Amazing that people drop so much money to watch THAT for two hours? Or however long they play? Terrible.

I saw them live this year and they were incredible- got better as the show went on. They were good tonite too- better half time show in recent memory. Don't know what you guys were watching, pretty bad @$$ to me.

That had to be one of the most worst mixed sets I have ever heard...trust me Ive heard some pretty bad mixed sets..

-Grant

I saw them live this year and they were incredible- got better as the show went on. They were good tonite too- better half time show in recent memory. Don't know what you guys were watching, pretty bad @$$ to me.

How much did you pay to see them?.....Last years performance by Paul McCartney was way way better.

-Grant

Why would you have a band from Britain perform at the biggest sporting event of the year in the middle of Motown? If anything, they should have had Stevie Wonder, Aretha Franklin and company be the halftime entertainment. Since I left my party at halftime, I missed all "festivities."

How much did you pay to see them?.....Last years performance by Paul McCartney was way way better.

-Grant

Free- but it was far better than many of the live shows you get today from rock bands. What do you expect from a 3 song 'set'. At least they played something new.

What did you guys think of Stevie Wonder during the pregame? I would have liked to see him jam a little more, and not let other people take over the singing. I really, really don't like the whole medley thing. They should have let him play two whole songs instead of trying to jam every hit he had into five minutes. :mad:

What did you guys think of Stevie Wonder during the pregame? I would have liked to see him jam a little more, and not let other people take over the singing. I really, really don't like the whole medley thing. They should have let him play two whole songs instead of trying to jam every hit he had into five minutes. :mad:

Based on what I heard, I just would have put Stevie up there and let him roll. He kicked the bejesus out of the Stones.

I agree with one of the previous posters when I say, I think the guitars were the problem. Just muddled and horrible. Bring back the breasticles! ;)

I think they should bring back the marching bands of the early Superbowls. Just have a marching band halftime show. Nice and safe and sterile. No problems.

They have to be one of the most overrated bands on earth. Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible. "Paint it Black" is the only worthwhile thing they have ever done

Winner winner chicken dinner!

Don't get me wrong, I would have given them all the respect in the world if they were good, but they sucked. Ass.

"Paint it Black" is an awesome song though.

Man, for a classic band to embarrass themselves like that on worldwide TV is just sad. They were absolutely horrible.

Shut it down, geezers. Time's up.

I saw them in Baltimore on Wednesday and it was the 4th time I've seen them. They were not playing with the entire band. They didn't have the entire background musicians the normally when you play in a huge stadium the accoustics aren't that good. They are awesome in concert and need to continue touring as they are fabulous in concert.

I'm not sure why they only had Mick, Ron Wood, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and one base player. They also were missing several background vocals.

I saw them in Baltimore on Wednesday and it was the 4th time I've seen them. They were not playing with the entire band. They didn't have the entire background musicians the normally when you play in a huge stadium the accoustics aren't that good. They are awesome in concert and need to continue touring as they are fabulous in concert.

I'm not sure why they only had Mick, Ron Wood, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and one base player. They also were missing several background vocals.

Soooo...you are saying that the reason they sucked was because they didn't have 15 musicians playing the music with them that they wrote when they were only 5 guys originally? Shaky excuse, my brother. Songs, I might add, that they have been playing for damn near 40 years. They're just old. It just gets to a point where you can't do it anymore. Sure, you can hire a bunch of young whippersnappers to make it sound good and clean it up, but the fact remains that it was almost all original guys (minus the bass) there playing, and it was terrible. They've lost it.

The reason it was bad is because it was a Halftime show at the Super Bowl. I'm sorry, but you can not replicate the same kind of intensity you're gonna get at a (Insert Band Here) Show with a 3 song set in front of an audience that is there to watch a football game.

The U2 one is the only one that was decent and that was good for a whole different reason (the 9/11 thing) and even then it wasn't nearly as good as a U2 show. I haven't seen the Rolling Stones live but I am not willing to judge their ability to perform based on a Halftime show. Period.

And saying "Paint It Black" is there only good song is beyond ridiculous. Satisfaction, Honky Tonk Woman, Jumpin Jack Flash, Sympathy For the Devil (their best song), Hey You Get Off Of My Cloud, and Ruby Tuesday are all just as good, and that's off the top of my head.

I thought I saw Chuck Levell when they took thier bow.

Thank you, I'll bet none that are complaining here have ever seen a Stones concert. they usually have a 12-15 piece band and sound incredible. I'm sure the moniters sucked. Consider this, most of today's artists lip sync shows like that cause they ain't got the guts to play live

Archived