Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Raise a glass to the Steelers and Seahawks...

Tarhog

I really have to give props to these two teams. To get to the big show, for any team, is such an accomplishment. Given the parity of the NFL today, its even tougher to weather the always unpredictable schedule, to win enough games over a 16 game stretch to make the playoffs, and then prevail in an 'anything can happen' playoff hunt.

Heres to Matt Hasselbeck and an opportunistic Seahawks squad. Here's to Bill Cowher and an upstart Steeler's squad that failed to listen to the wisdom of the pundits and took the 'away' route to the Super Bowl, one that rarely ends well. I have nothing but admiration for these two clubs.

Regardless of who wins, they've earned the trip, and deserve the spoils of victory. I am SO envious of their fans. Theres nothing, and I mean NOTHING, I'd rather be doing right now than watching our Redskins warm-up for the Super Bowl. Our time is coming, and I can't wait to take part.

Enjoy the game boys. Its history in the making, and soon enough, we're going to find ourselves part of it.

The Seahawks have been underrated and disrespected all year long. The Steelers are a team that reminds me a lot of ours, as do their fans. Here's to somebody besides the Patriots hoisting the trophy, and to our boys lifting it next year. And here's to Russ Grimm, completing a set of four big brass knuckles!

:logo: :point2sky :helmet:

Very nice post

Next year when we are partying in Miami, and watching the Redskins warm up at this time, all these years of suffering since Gibbs 1 will be worth it

We'll get our 4th and Joe Gibbs will cement himself as the greatest head coach of all time in any sport

And the beers will be on me hokie :cheers:

And what a helluva pre-game ..... absolutely loved the MVP parade...Franco Harris whipping out the terrible towel and waving it....MAN! That gave me goosebumps!

Its great to be an NFL fan folks! Theres no denying it.

All hail the NFL!!!

And what a helluva pre-game ..... absolutely loved the MVP parade...Franco Harris whipping out the terrible towel and waving it....MAN! That gave me goosebumps!

All hail the NFL!!!

I'm not much on pregame/halftime stuff at the Super Bowl, too me it would like adding cheap plastic after market parts to a cherry classic corvette

that's just me :whoknows:

All hail the NFL!!!

Did you notice how the Steelers let the Bus run out of the tunnel first and the rest of the team waited atleast 10-15 secs before they did? I thought that was awesome, kinda showed how this game is all about him in their eyes.

Did you notice how the Steelers let the Bus run out of the tunnel first and the rest of the team waited atleast 10-15 secs before they did? I thought that was awesome, kinda showed how this game is all about him in their eyes.

That was awesome. And the two snare drummers leading the color guard out...Such precision and perfection...God I love this country.

I really have to give props to these two teams. To get to the big show, for any team, is such an accomplishment. Given the parity of the NFL today, its even tougher to weather the always unpredictable schedule, to win enough games over a 16 game stretch to make the playoffs, and then prevail in an 'anything can happen' playoff hunt.

Heres to Matt Hasselbeck and an opportunistic Seahawks squad. Here's to Bill Cowher and an upstart Steeler's squad that failed to listen to the wisdom of the pundits and took the 'away' route to the Super Bowl, one that rarely ends well. I have nothing but admiration for these two clubs.

Regardless of who wins, they've earned the trip, and deserve the spoils of victory. I am SO envious of their fans. Theres nothing, and I mean NOTHING, I'd rather be doing right now than watching our Redskins warm-up for the Super Bowl. Our time is coming, and I can't wait to take part.

Enjoy the game boys. Its history in the making, and soon enough, we're going to find ourselves part of it.

Classy post and well said, Tarhog. I wished the game had been better played thought it had its moments of exitement. I thought both offensive teams left their better game at home, and neither defense was really impresive either other than the 'hawks in the first quarter playing with enthusiasm. All in all, I preferred both teams prior to their display today. maybe I'm just being too harsh.

Also thought the refs were a tad one-sided. I think if the 'skins had been getting the calls against them the 'hawks got I'd be apoplectic :laugh: Particualrly with some flagrant Steeler non-calls, but I'm not making any big deal out of it. And what a whiff both running games turned in other than the one big Steeler run, particularly Alexander.

I also note the media riding the Steeler/Bettis jock as unashamedly and repeatedly as I've seen in awhile. Just my observations.

Now we can focus on what really matters: Our offseason moves :point2sky

I'm not much on pregame/halftime stuff at the Super Bowl, too me it would like adding cheap plastic after market parts to a cherry classic corvette

that's just me :whoknows:

I loved the Stones in their day but 20 years ago should have been the last public performacne; studio work is allowed :laugh: I actually though their frightenting appearance would be more traumatic for most families than Janet Jackson's nipple. They still sound good though :) .

I teared up at one point though, which has happened to me for a SB in quite awhile. When Aretha was finishing the Anthem with that choir behind her and the camera panning some of the players. That woman still has it. :notworthy

Classy post and well said, Tarhog. I wished the game had been better played thought it had its moments of exitement. I thought both offensive teams left their better game at home, and neither defense was really impresive either other than the 'hawks in the first quarter playing with enthusiasm. All in all, I preferred both teams prior to their display today. maybe I'm just being too harsh.

Also thought the refs were a tad one-sided. I think if the 'skins had been getting the calls against them the 'hawks got I'd be apoplectic :laugh: Particualrly with some flagrant Steeler non-calls, but I'm not making any big deal out of it. And what a whiff both running games turned in other than the one big Steeler run, particularly Alexander.

I also note the media riding the Steeler/Bettis jock as unashamedly and repeatedly as I've seen in awhile. Just my observations.

Now we can focus on what really matters: Our offseason moves :point2sky

Excellent points.

This game really has me upset. The ref action tonight was HORRIBLE. I've never seen a game where pathetic call after pathetic call was made. The Seahawks got royally screwed. (and I wasn't rooting for either team, mind you)

The NFL needs to adress the officiating issues. It's really cheapens the game. The refs NEVER overturn a field call if there is any grey area. This is wrong. The Rothlisberger TD should have NEVER been called a TD. Nothing on that replay showed the ball crossing the line, but the ref agrees with the call on replay. Why? So he can't be held accountable. It's a loser system and needs a major overhaul. I don't care if EVERY play if reviewed. Let's get the call right -- that shouldn't be too much to ask. :mad:

Amen to that mike.

I agree that this "Irrefutable Proof" rule deverts from accountability. We have taken the eyes off the field and put them in the hands of technology which makes it very hard to do your job in the NFL as an official.

But there is right and wrong and if a call goes against what actually happened then your not doing your job.

Archived