Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Scott Stapp fans (ONLY) chat thread

Mickalino

I guess I am amazed when I see threads on this board....with worst bands of all time and people mention Creed. Creed is not one of my favorite bands....but to put them in worst of all time is really a stretch.

If you look at the list you can see a pattern. The only people on their prior to the cd age have talent. Since the cd age the album's on their are mostly by flash in the pan, no talent hacks (not including the greatest hits albums). Nirvana is about the only one worth their weight (and maybe Biggie, but i'm not a big rap fan).

I don't walk around with a top five or ten list of my favorite albums of all time.

I've never even tried to narrow down my favorites like that.

I can see why people like Creed, specifically the older crowd. I just prefer my frontmen not make jesus-like poses while singing corny songs and pronouncing the word "open" as "opppuuuunnnnn".

Give me your current playlist. If you get in your car, whats going into the cd player. I am just trying to find out who you think is good. Dont hide it :D

Look a lot of groups get promoted....you have to have some talent.

Give me your five favorite bands.

Greatest band of all time - The Beatles

Some of my faves:

Yonder Mountain String Band

The Grateful Dead

Todd Snider

Bruce Hornsby

Bob Dylan

Thats five - and there are a lot more where that comes from. :)

If you look at the list you can see a pattern. The only people on their prior to the cd age have talent. Since the cd age the album's on their are mostly by flash in the pan, no talent hacks (not including the greatest hits albums). Nirvana is about the only one worth their weight (and maybe Biggie, but i'm not a big rap fan).

Nirvana definitely = overrated :doh:

They are in the class with bands like Staind, Fuel, Smashing Pumpkins, Alice and Chains....a product of their time but not good enough for the long run.

Give me your current playlist. If you get in your car, whats going into the cd player. I am just trying to find out who you think is good. Dont hide it :D

Right now...some artists from my current ipod driving playlist

Notorious B.I.G.

Outkast

Deftones

The White Stripes

old Incubus

RHCP

Mos Def

The Beatles

Franz Ferdinand

Hendrix

plenty of Motown

Postal Service

The Roots

The Pharcyde

+ many more that I don't feel like thinking of and listing right now

Personally I find that thread about "Worst Band of all time" extremely IRONIC.

Because if you actually HEARD of the band, then they could not have been the worst. The worst band of all time would be a band you never heard of.

I've also HEARD of New Kids on the Block. Does that make them good?

I didn't even know that guy had a solo album out. That's funny. Just what the world needs. More simple, elementary school level rhyming lyrics that don't go anywhere or do anything.

For a guy who tries to sing about God, he sure is a drunk and likes to try to start fights when he's all messed up. Nice. Nice Christian.

Archived