Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2007--Monk/Grimm's Best Chance To Get In HOF

RDSKNFN_48

Good News True Believers

2007 may be the best chance for Art Monk and Russ Grimm to get into the Pro Football Hall of Fame with the list of first time eligibles being the weakest that they have been in recent years.

S - Eric Allen (Better known as an :eaglesuck than a Saint...but still don't think he's an upper echelon safety).

QB - Randell Cunningham - (Before Michael Vick there was him....but I still can't see him as a HOF'er)

RB - Terrell Davis (2 Super Bowls 1 SB MVP - only 8,000+ yards don't see him ever making it)

OL - Bruce Matthews (the only lock to make it in this group)

you know what really needs to happen is... Redskins need to find a HOF voter that is supporter of Monk and make him a highlight video of Monk with stats and interviews from coaches and players that either played with or against Monk... Apprently King always does this big presentation on Monk to sway voters from voting for Monk or why not do a counter-argument presentation...

S - Eric Allen (Better known as an :eaglesuck than a Saint...but still don't think he's an upper echelon safety).

QB - Randell Cunningham - (Before Michael Vick there was him....but I still can't see him as a HOF'er)

RB - Terrell Davis (2 Super Bowls 1 SB MVP - only 8,000+ yards don't see him ever making it)

What a weak bunch.

Eric Allen and Randall Cunningham have no shot.

Terrell Davis might make it eventually but he certainly shouldn't make it on a first ballot.

I agree that Matthews will certainly make it and it could very well be as a first ballot guy.

The only problem is that both Monk and Grimm were eliminated pretty early in the process yet again this year. There just seems to be a solid block of voters who just don't think they belong in the HOF. I don't know if a weak class of 1st timers will get them to change their minds.

Well then you know they'll put Irvin in next year.

Cunningham and Davis shouldn't make it, but the media loves those guys, not to mention TD is in the media now(NFL Network).

Allen is also in the media working on ESPNEWS.

Matthews was the Darrell Green of OL.

My guess right now would have to be Allen, Matthews, Irvin, and a couple old guys we've never ever heard of.

If Grimm gets in then Jacoby and Bostic, too. They were showing Reggie White highlights how he manhandled Larry Allen, well Jacoby and Jim Lachey both manhandled Reggie.

Monk should get in before Irvin I would think. Irvin had a first-ballot HOF throwing to him his entire career. Monk had...well, a bunch of differetn QBs and retired as the all-time leading receiver....

i swear, there must be some crackheads wandering around this thread.....you guys say cunningham isn't a lock? he had 30,000 passing yards, over 200 td, completed almost 60% of his passes, almost 5,000 rushing yards, and 35 rushing tds. he is the only qb to ever lead his conference in rushing, and in 1990 was the league leader for passing yards and number 9 for rushing yards. i hated him his whole career, especially since most of it was with the uggles, but his stats were on point.

Terrell Davis only had 4 productive seasons in the NFL and there is going to be a lot of arguement that he was partially a product of Denver's system. That isn't to say he wasn't a great back but due to the very short time he was that great player, he has no shot at making it.

I think Cris Carter will be eligible too. Not sure if he'll get in on his first try, but I think he will get in.

Hail,

H

You're right, Cris Carter retired in 2002. And he will DEFINATELY get in on his first try.

He's #2 all time in receptions, #5 in yards, and #2 in touchdowns, and went to 8 consecutive probowls.

It doesn't look good for Monk next year either

Good News True Believers

2007 may be the best chance for Art Monk and Russ Grimm to get into the Pro Football Hall of Fame with the list of first time eligibles being the weakest that they have been in recent years.

Where did you find that? Post a link. Thanks!

Well then you know they'll put Irvin in next year.

Cunningham and Davis shouldn't make it, but the media loves those guys, not to mention TD is in the media now(NFL Network).

Allen is also in the media working on ESPNEWS.

Matthews was the Darrell Green of OL.

My guess right now would have to be Allen, Matthews, Irvin, and a couple old guys we've never ever heard of.

Yea that sounds about right. LOL.

If monk and grimm were working with the media, then they would have made it this year definitely.

P.S- I couldnt help but notice that you are using the sig that I MADE. At least give me props in it. Thanks

Cunningham will make it. I just don't think he'll be a 1st ballot guy, like Aikman was.

Matthews MIGHT make it 1st ballot .. but we all have seen how the mediots react to offensive lineman.

But just think tho .. Monk could possibly come in along the same class as Irvin, potentially.

Yeah ... makes me wanna :puke: too. :( :doh:

Terrell Davis only had 4 productive seasons in the NFL and there is going to be a lot of arguement that he was partially a product of Denver's system. That isn't to say he wasn't a great back but due to the very short time he was that great player, he has no shot at making it.
get off the crack dude,if it wasnt for TD,elway would have retired as another marino,a winner with no rings.TD IMHO is the best RB denver has ever had,despite his short career,elway should be kissing TD's hand thanking him for being a bronco.

I never argued that he was anything but the best back denver ever had and a great back in his own right BUT he was only great for 4 years which isn't going to get you in to the HoF. That's the arguement I made, learn to read please.

Add to that the people voting against him WILL point out Denver's system for producing big time RB numbers, this is fact and you can't argue against it.

I never argued that he was anything but the best back denver ever had and a great back in his own right BUT he was only great for 4 years which isn't going to get you in to the HoF. That's the arguement I made, learn to read please.

Add to that the people voting against him WILL point out Denver's system for producing big time RB numbers, this is fact and you can't argue against it.

the argument will be this:did elway win a SB B4 TD got there?no he didnt,who enabled elway to win 2 SB's? TD no doubt,of course there are other players,but IMHO no TD,no 2 SB's for elway plain and simple.

Good News True Believers

They just put Warren Moon and Aikman in this year so and two Q.b.'s last year, they love Q.b.'s on the voting staff so I see Cunningham Being one of the easiest pick out of that group!!!(You have three locks Smith,Davis,Cunningham so where does that leave room for Art?)Remember on the voting staff it's all about popularity and not really who deserves to be in the hall of fame!!!!Sorry dude it's not going to happen next year either they are ****s on the voting staff!!!!!

Archived