Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why the does the draft keep getting later every year ?

Mickalino

I used to think I was imagining things, now I know I'm NOT !

It seems, every couple years, they move the draft forward a week.

It seems there was a time, that it occurred the 1st week of April, around the 7th. Then it was the 2nd week, around the 15th. Last year, I believe it was around the 3rd week, around the 22nd. And now it's the 4th week, around the 29th ? What's happening folks ? They're ruining our offseason ! The wait from January until the Draft is getting more and more agonizing ! And have you noticed only recently, in the last few years, the season opener seems like it's getting later, as well ?

I used to think I was imagining things, now I know I'm NOT !

It seems, every couple years, they move the draft forward a week.

It seems there was a time, that it occurred the 1st week of April, around the 7th. Then it was the 2nd week, around the 15th. Last year, I believe it was around the 3rd week, around the 22nd. And now it's the 4th week, around the 29th ? What's happening folks ? They're ruining our offseason ! The wait from January until the Draft is getting more and more agonizing ! And have you noticed only recently, in the last few years, the season opener seems like it's getting later, as well ?

i think their is pressure to find out as much as you can about the players.

with only 7 rounds teams want to be sure.

I dont think the season opener is getting later. Isnt the first thursday in september? ABout the draft, i agree 100%.

the reason the season is later than it used to be and why we now have February superbowls- the nfl doesn't want to open on Labor Day weekend- like it use to.

Archived