Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Colts' General Manager says Wayne will not be a Redskin

BigRay

I really would prefer randle el, he seems more of an all round player...but would he come if he got a superbowl ring??

I have said the same thing man I have been pretty high on this guy. I think he's a better fit because you can do so much more with him it will keep defenses guessing when he has the ball in his hands is he going to run or throw

Speculating a little bit, but the Colts signaled out the Redskins. I am sure lots of teams have inquired about Wayne in search of a WR. Why identify the skins and not say in general terms no team will get him. I wonder if a little bit of bitterness exists. Indy is a small revenue club and the labor agreement is not going well. Knowing that the skins have deep pockets and they don't might creep into their comments. Just a thought.

I have said the same thing man I have been pretty high on this guy. I think he's a better fit because you can do so much more with him it will keep defenses guessing when he has the ball in his hands is he going to run or throw

exactly...and i love the way him and rothislberger (cant spell that sorry.) have a combination going, maybe we could use him and campbell in a similar way.

picture him in the slot-left with Moss' wide...

Randle el takes what looks like an end around- the TE is over there run-blocking and the C-G pull, but then Randle-el passes deep to Moss.. or Cooley down the left side.

It's just nasty-good to think about. and a dimension that i don't think Wayne gives you.

I remember a couple years ago where the Steelers were caught in a couple scenarios of *needing* 2pt conversions. this was with maddox i think. but when they have ward and randle el and their qb all in the backfield, who knew which one was going to throw the pass?

sometimes the QB throws it, sometimes Antwaan, sometimes Himes. iirc, one play was direct snap to ward, maddox went left for a pass. ward handed it to antwaan- which made the defense bite on run, and then randle-el found the TE wide open.

Good job Bill...lol!!!:D :laugh: :laugh:

Im glad you told us the Redskins fans and the Redskins organization that the Redskins wont be signing Reggie Wayne:D .

But serously, how big of an idiot is this guy? Signing Reggie Wayne and releasing Edgerinn James? Come on, you got Marvin Harrison for maybe 1 or 2 more years and your the team to beat. Dont release and huge part of that offence and start building for the future.

Guys, the Skins weren't "singled out". Howard Bryant apparently felt there was a story in possibly being interested in Reggie Wayne, so he called the Colts and got a quote. As he was the Post writer, the response was that Wayne wouldn't be available to the Redskins. Just like the story about the union when the reporter obviously asked about Snyder and Upshaw said something very nice. It's local flavor.

Oh well let's see here.

Indy had Reggie Wayne,

and Marvin Harrison,

and Brandon Stokely,(sp)

and Dallas Clark,

and E. James,

and Peyton Manning,

and home field advantage

and they still lost.

So that's 1 plus 1, divided by two, minus the 1, carry the zero equals...

...we don't get Reggie Wayne. Big deal!

I'd rather have Joe Blow in the 3rd round with a huge chip on his shoulders and a family to feed anyway.

I really would prefer randle el, he seems more of an all round player...but would he come if he got a superbowl ring??

i agree, randel-el is a better all around player than givens i would much rather get him

but it the vikings dont franchise nate burleson i would like to get him to

You guys sem to forget that the Colts have to sign Dwight Freeney as well, it would be a lot easier to replace E.James than it would to repace Wayne or Freeney.

Remember the Colts did trade Marshal Faulk while still in his prime away for a 4th rd pick. But there is no way I take the risk loosing Freeny, or Wayne over Edgerrin James

Archived