Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New addition to the family........Motorcycles

Pete

The Triumph family :laugh:

The new Bonneville Scrambler 900, has got to be the hottest retro ever done IMO. It' late 60's all the way, right down to the white piping on the seat.

I'll be going to the Atlanta area this sunday to do training on another new model that Triumph is fairly proud of. The Daytona 675 triple. Triumph has directly attacked the big 4 with this hot little bike. With 123HP, and a top speed of around 150MPH, it will be in direct compitition with the Yamaha R6, which is a very hot sport bike. The Daytoone isn't to be released till March, but I had one for a day at the shop. Bastages wouldn't let me take it for a spin, but soon enough :D

Hey Pete,

Can you tell me anything about KTM motors? Any good? I've heard rumors Polaris is going to put KTM motors in some of their ATVs (Predator & Outlaw).

I really don't know the KTM product except for their rep, which is very good. I'm not sure, but I think the engines are Rotex, which have made great engines for a while now.

How much does that triumph sport bike run pete? :D

MSRP is 8999.oo, and man can you get into some trouble on the beltway with that puppy :D Triumph has two slip on mufflers they offer, and Arrow is going to offer a complete race system that will set you back about 2K. This is the first sport bike that Triumph did all the body design in house, and even came up with a new meterial to make the body from that is lighhter, and more flexable. They even were able to lose around 3 kelos (6.6 lbs) of unsprung weight on the wheels. The front breaking system is wild. Radialey mounted 8 piston calipers, with a radial type master cylinder which gives better feel and control. I've only seen one right up on the road and track days in Malasia. The tesster loved the bike.

I wouldn't plan on putting the wife on the back unless she has bunns of steel :laugh:

Sorry I haven't gotten back to ya on the BMW. My request for the info you wanted was frowned on :(

Now that's a sweet looking bike. And that's coming from someone who's never owned or driven one.

:paranoid:

Oddly enough this is the one thing my father always harped on, "NEVER RIDE A MOTORCYLE!" I remember being 10 and he would rave about how bad motorcycles are. He didn't warn me about boos, drugs, women - just motorcycles. Go figure... :laugh:

Oddly enough this is the one thing my father always harped on, "NEVER RIDE A MOTORCYLE!" I remember being 10 and he would rave about how bad motorcycles are. He didn't warn me about boos, drugs, women - just motorcycles. Go figure... :laugh:

My dad threw in Motorcycles along with the drugs. :) Mom said if I loved her I would never get one..sigh....no fair.

Well, my dad had a bike when I was younger but my mom made him get rid of it. One of the few things my dad and I had in common when I was young was that bike (an old Kawasaki).

I got lucky though when I married my wife -

Wife - learning to ride, has a GZ250.

Father-in-Law - Has riden since he was 15, rides a Venture atm

Sister-in-Law - Vstar 650

Brother-in-law #1 - Vstar 650

Brother-in-law #2 - Venture

Mother-in-law - Took the MSF class, prefers to be a passenger

My wife's grandparents on her dad side rode cross-country on an old Harley in the 1940's. One uncle rides a Venture, the other rode up until he could no longer (he had cancer), a Venture. Her cousin rides an old Yamaha my father-in-law bought her this fall. Her neice (16 atm) wants to learn to ride when she hits 18.

Needless to say, my riding is not an issue :)

Same here, My dad was an XO/CO on a carrier and lost allot of men to

motorcycle fatalities. "You'll never ride a motorcycle", I've never been without one since :laugh: sorry dad. That triple looks sweet, I always wanted a 750 trident.

Same here, My dad was an XO/CO on a carrier and lost allot of men to

motorcycle fatalities. "You'll never ride a motorcycle", I've never been without one since :laugh: sorry dad. That triple looks sweet, I always wanted a 750 trident.

I you want to have a real fun day, The orlando art mesuem has the show that travels around the country right now, The art of Motorcycles. 80 very amazing and rare bikes on display. I think it will run till June. 15$ to get in, and 3$ more if you want to take pics.

I spotted word about it on the Bonneville forum I hang out on. The thread starter posted some very nice pics of about 30 of the bikes.

My wife never had a problem with me riding. When we got hitched, her only requirment was that I didn't do any more racing. She never said a word when I took the job at the bike shop knowing it had been a dream for a long time. When I came home and told her that there was a bike I wanted to get, she got a look of dread on her face. She worries a lot about my safety, but never admitted to herself that I was on bikes every day.

She knows my mind set, my skills, and I always gear up before I swing my leg over any bike. She's gotten use to me riding full time again, and finds some comfort in the fact I ride a bike with only about 55 HP, compared to the 156 I had on my 350 lb Suzuki when we met way back when. She's even let me take my daughter on some rides, so I think she's over it.............

Archived