Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TSN: Redskins Team Report 2/3/2006

bubba9497

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/teams/redskins/index.html

click link for full article

Redskins Team Report 2/3/2006

Competition will be keen at H-back and the backup short-yardage back when offseason workouts begin in March. Manuel White was showing signs of progress in training camp late last summer when a broken leg ended his season. White has excellent size and good speed and power. He fits the mold of a blocking H-back more so than as a receiver, but his hands are good enough that he could develop in that area. White also could be used in short-yardage situations, which puts him in competition with Nehemiah Broughton for playing time and a roster spot. Broughton was the one second-day draft choice who stayed healthy all year last season. His playing opportunities were limited, though. And when he was active for games, he was primarily a special teams player. Broughton is a power runner whose low center of gravity enables him to keep his pads down and gain leverage. Although neither figures to play a prominent role in the offense, both could be very effective special teams players. That was one reason they were drafted last season. Both have speed to get down under kickoffs. White is built more like a linebacker, which should give him a chance to be effective inside on the punt team and in the middle of the wedge on kickoff returns.

Ade Jimoh showed signs that he can be a nickel cornerback when he was pressed into duty during the regular season. Few players have improved in the past several years as much as Jimoh. Man coverage once was a difficult assignment for him. But he has benefited from excellent coaching and gained an understanding of how to play the position. Jimoh did a much better job of keeping receivers in front of him before closing quickly on the ball last season. Jimoh always will face competition for playing time in the base defense. Shawn Springs has at least one more good year in his body and Carlos Rogers has all the skills you expect from a first-round draft choice. And the team always will bring in young cornerbacks with the idea that one will flash and earn the job as the No.3 guy. Jimoh's primary role on the team will remain that of a special teams player. But his improvement in coverage does give his coaches some options and another reason to reserve a roster spot for Jimoh.

Ade Jimoh has been a human punching bag on this board, I know I used to cringe when I see him run out onto the field. I was definitely impressed with his play all season especially on special teams. It's cool to see a guy who wasn't blessed with a truck load of natural talent earn his right to stay in this league through study and hard work.

Ade Jimoh has been a human punching bag on this board, I know I used to cringe when I see him run out onto the field. I was definitely impressed with his play all season especially on special teams. It's cool to see a guy who wasn't blessed with a truck load of natural talent earn his right to stay in this league through study and hard work.

Well said. Two years ago i couldn't figure why we kept him. I was shortsighted. He give 110% effort on every play, had been great on ST, and (can't believe I'm saying this) really did improve on coverage. I'd love to see him continue just as a personal story, as well as it being good for the 'skins.

He took lemons and made lemon ade :D

I'm with you guys, he used to make me cringe. But good for him. He's carved out a nice little career for himself. Great special teamer who can help out at corner in a pinch.

Much respect to Ade!

Plus I hear he's a really good guy.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Ade is a good friend of mine, but i also saw some guys put him in the toaster a few times. hes the man on punts but left alot to be desired on D.....

Hes about to have another baby and i hope hes stays around awhile.....

i would love to keep abe around for his special teams alone. he was great down the stretch making the tackle on punts and kickoffs. him and thrash healthy together should be great on special teams.

i do however hope that he is 4th on the depth chart at cb next year. i wouldnt mind dropping harris and drafting a corner 2nd round if we can take care of wr in FA.

not really. you take an undrafted free agent with raw skills and what is the realistic timetable? 3-4 years for him to become a contributor at the NFL level, on defense that is. as a special teamer he already has made an impact.

I can remember guys like Ed Simmons and even Ray Brown that were in the NFL for 4-5 years before they hit their stride and became regular starters and contributors.

Hats off to Ade...he did have a fine season.

I have dogged him hard on here, calling for his a few times in the pre-season.

I didn't understand why we let Garnell Wilds go, but Ade helped me see the light.

I have a different opinion of the man after last year's performance.

Ade Jimoh alwasys covered the WRs tight I thought, he just couldn;t make a play on the ball and the WR always caught it when thrown to him. He def improved each season. He plays quick and has athletic ability, but I think his hard work and good coaching have made him a much better player than two years ago.

Here's to Ade Jimoh!!!

Archived