Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBC, MSNBC and news services: 5 So. Baptist churches in Ala. hit by fires

Zguy28

http://today.reuters.com/News/newsArticle.aspx?type=domesticNews&storyID=2006-02-07T184228Z_01_N07406946_RTRUKOC_0_US-CRIME-CHURCHES.xml

All of the churches hit in the latest fires belonged to black congregations, local officials said. All were located no more than about 17 miles from each other in the Black Belt of Alabama, named for its rich soil and populated predominantly by African-Americans.

The five churches burned last week in Bibb County also were near other and four of them belonged to predominantly white congregations.

Fair enough. But none of the articles posted in this thread stated that. In fact, one stated the contrary. Sounds like the usual racist nutjobs at work... And as usual, doing nothing in the name of God, but will probably claim they did so. :doh:

Fair enough. But none of the articles posted in this thread stated that. In fact, one stated the contrary. Sounds like the usual racist nutjobs at work... And as usual, doing nothing in the name of God, but will probably claim they did so. :doh:

sheesh, dont fall into the easy sell of its racism. Hell the last time this went on, and it was all black churches it turned out to be an insurrance scam. Probably cause the guy thought people are so emotionally driven that they wouldnt bother to think of the possibility and bite hook line and sinker into racism.

Keep your arm firmly holding down your knee and let the guys do their job and sniff them out. After all wouldnt it be counter productive to burn white dominated churches and black dominated ones, doesnt really send out the message for blacks to be scared just religous people.

I think you're stretching it chom. The religion itself is multi-racial, so are they racist against whites or blacks? Judaism is the only religion that I can think of (maybe Buddhism) that has a connotation to race. Black and white people are both Southern Baptist......Unless you're suggesting the arsenists are racist against both. Which leads me to believe it was militant muslims. But that's an assumption, not an answer based on fact.

You just don't see the relationship to racism being against a religion, yet would you consider attacks against Islam racist? I would, just as I would attacks against Jews, Hindus or Christians. Granted it is not something you see everyday, but attacking a religion is a form of racism, you can be a racist, yet be color blind as well.

You just don't see the relationship to racism being against a religion, yet would you consider attacks against Islam racist? I would, just as I would attacks against Jews, Hindus or Christians. Granted it is not something you see everyday, but attacking a religion is a form of racism, you can be a racist, yet be color blind as well.

I disagree, those do not fit the definition of racism, as a dictionary would define them.

Chom, you were going at an angle that isn't under the classification of "racism". Certainly, it's some form of bigotry, but not racism. I could be American, African, or Middle Eastern and still be a muslim, just like many religions. Jews are really the only religion that ties into race. Well, there's probably a few others, but I'm just stating the obvious. Regardless, I get your point. Semantics.

sheesh, dont fall into the easy sell of its racism. Hell the last time this went on, and it was all black churches it turned out to be an insurrance scam. Probably cause the guy thought people are so emotionally driven that they wouldnt bother to think of the possibility and bite hook line and sinker into racism.

Keep your arm firmly holding down your knee and let the guys do their job and sniff them out. After all wouldnt it be counter productive to burn white dominated churches and black dominated ones, doesnt really send out the message for blacks to be scared just religous people.

Well, let's look at this logically. 7 Churches within a 5-mile radius. All of them were predominantly black. Let me be stereotypical here and assume it was a black neighborhood. So why did this occur? There's only two coincidences in this matter, and that's that they were Christian churches and Black churches (spin that statement if you choose). Now, evidence could prove that I'm wrong, but based throughout American history, when there is a common denominator involving race, it's usually a racist act. Not always though... But I'm not looking to be PC, I'm looking to be logical.

Archived