Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Waiting for the day someone calls Taylor out...

LiveStrongSkins

I HATE Joey Porter and the Steelers. Why is it that the Steelers think they're so tough? Every story has been about the Steelers so far this week and the Steelers just come off as a team with a smug personality. Jerome Bettis and Ben Roethlisberger are both PHONIES! They are despirate for love from the media. Why else would they agree to do countless interviews on the same topics?

Joey Porter is your typical mindless athlete. Porter was so stunned by Stevens' comments (which I condone because of Pittsburgh's attitude) that he had no clue what to say. "He's a special teamer". Accually, he's had touchdowns in four of the last six games and is the best tight end for the best offense in the NFL.

The Steelers SUCK!

Porter has room to talk unlike anyone on the seahawks, how is he mindless he does this to get hyped up for the game you dont know what ur talkin about

I HATE Joey Porter and the Steelers. Why is it that the Steelers think they're so tough? Every story has been about the Steelers so far this week and the Steelers just come off as a team with a smug personality. Jerome Bettis and Ben Roethlisberger are both PHONIES! They are despirate for love from the media. Why else would they agree to do countless interviews on the same topics?

Joey Porter is your typical mindless athlete. Porter was so stunned by Stevens' comments (which I condone because of Pittsburgh's attitude) that he had no clue what to say. "He's a special teamer". Accually, he's had touchdowns in four of the last six games and is the best tight end for the best offense in the NFL.

The Steelers SUCK!

I disagree with you a whole lot of levels youngster here is why first of all Stevens started the whole thing with the comment about Bettis, Porter was quiet up to that point. Porter didn't say anything when it was brought up that the fact is the Seahawks had already planned their victory parade and when a game still hasn't been played to me that would be a slap in the face I just think Stevens' comments plus the fact of them already have a parade plan plus a few players guaranteeing a win already Porter couldn't take it anymore

Secondly, Pittsburgh is a tough team they sure hell a lot more tougher than the Seahawks. How you can't say they are not tough look at the road they took to get to the point that they are at right now beating the #1 seed, #2 seed, 3 seed all on the road. Yes, Seattle beat us but we were not at full strength and even though we weren't at full strength we still had every opportunity possible to sneak a victory. Oh yeah how impressive they beat a one dimensional Panther team that was down to their 4 th string running back and really had one threat at receiver. I 'm not sold on Seattle , I think Seattle is going to get punched in the mouth early and very often.

sean calls someone out on the field with his actions.....sean is so humble and well-mannered in his interviews....i don't think he's our JP.....he doesn't like the media (and it's so cute how he's all nervous looking...ok i couldn't help it...had to say that...:laugh: ) but i like him to retaliate with action than words....he doesn't need to waste his breath having a verbal fight......but yeah...like what someone said above...I can def. see CP saying something back....i mean..he even called out the refs in his interviews.....all sean will do is probly say I don't care, I just wanna get to the SB. :D

I meant in comparison to Porter. Porter talks to the media. Taylor doesn't, that's all. I didn't mean to get under your skin. Taylor's demeanor off the field has been quiet and reserved. Now on the field, if someone called him out, I think he would punish them, but I think that he needs to stay away from the smack talk. But, you were talking in hypotheticals.

It's cool man... it didnt get under my skin. I was just posing a question. Didnt mean for it to come across as defensive.

Guest GibbSkins11
I don't think Taylor will say anything in the media in retaliation...you will just clean your clocks on game day...

remember Keyshawn before the second Dallas game? "Who's Sean Taylor?"

u remember keyshawn walking off the field after the 35-7 janky spanky we gave them

I can't wait until someone calls Taylor out or says something to enrage him on national TV. Everyone else on our team probably would bite their tongues and leave everything on the field. I think Taylor is like our Joey Porter, it would be against his style if he let someone get away with a media jab. Heres to the day that someone calls Taylor out and they get demolished. :cheers: :laugh:

You know damn well no one has the minerals to call out Taylor.

The Steelers SUCK!

what the hell are you talking about? The Steelers are a great team and will win it this year. Jerome Bettis and Ben Rothlisberger are anything but phonies.

I don't think Taylor will say anything in the media in retaliation...you will just clean your clocks on game day...

remember Keyshawn before the second Dallas game? "Who's Sean Taylor?"

Good point, I'd rather him not talk to the media and just light people up on the field. :cheers:

Taylor is an AWESOME kid who if he plays his cards right... Will end up in the Hall of Fame!!!

The playoff game... I agree, there had to be more there... Taylor need to keep his "POISE" and cool his "off the field" issues...

WHAT REDSKINS FAN DOESN'T LOVE THIS KID?

what the hell are you talking about? The Steelers are a great team and will win it this year. Jerome Bettis and Ben Rothlisberger are anything but phonies.

I hate to say it, but you're a fool if you believe that. You don't find those guys a bit too sincere? When I hear Ben Roethlisberger say "we were going to win it for Jerome" or when he said that one of the players (not sure who) could take a break for a few games and they'd take care of winning games, i just want to puke. Who does he think he is? These stories are so corny, and Ben, Jerome, Porter, and every Steeler player that wore Jerome's college jersey this week is just playing into the hype because they want to be "media darlings". Sean Taylor is cool because he doesn't care what anyone else thinks, especially the media, whereas the Steelers are willing to make phony stories and spend the entire week doing interviews. :puke:

Why do the Steelers think that this is Sunday is Jerome Bettis day (aside from the fact that the mayor of Detroit accually pronounced last wednesday "jerome Bettis day":doh: )? They didn't accaully say that they were going to win, but they might as well have. Why would they drum up this JB thing if were unsure of the outcome? They're either foolish or arrogant, or both.

And for those who want to say that Seattle is lucky, maybe they are, but Pittsburgh had their share of obvious breaks too. Carson Palmer (an MVP candidate) got injured on the second play in that opening round game. The Bengals went into a shell offensively after that. Then, the next week, the colts came out flat and rusty and found themselves down 21-3 before they turned it on. If Harper stayed outside on that return he would have scored. Instead, he gave Roethlisberger the oportunity to make the sorriest looking tackle I've ever seen (And don't say "it was good for a QB" because Big Ben is 6-5 240 and Harper is 5-10 180---and probably smaller than that).

I think that Seattle is going to surprise a lot of Pittsburgh C-smokers and win today because they're as balanced as it gets. They can run and pass on offense and they stop the run on defense. Their one weakness is pass coverage, but they offset that by leading the league in sacks. I think Seattle is a very underrated team, a lot like the Redskins. They never got the credit they deserved. Some will bring up that they had an easy regular season schedule, but many of those games were against divisional rivals. Let's be honest, the Redskins didn't exactly punish the Eagles this year in either of the two matchups.

Because I haven't addressed him by name yet, I thought I'd lay into Joey Porter now. Joey Porter is a loser. I can't stand him. He more than anyone plays up the "macho man" persona. When ever I see him on TV, I always hear the Village People in the background. Why does he think that anyone will be affraid of him if he threatens them through the media? By the way, why doesn't he get a new "pump up" chant? Joey Porter before every play: "[say in a voice cracking tone] WHO RIDE?":puke: :puke: :puke:

Archived