Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Martz...your Opinion ?

Sknzfan

Do you think JOE gave ANY thought to bringing MARTZ in as OC ?

Or was JOE afraid he Might Jump ship as soon as `07 ?

We ALL know MARTZ want's to Run the Ship an this is gonna be WILLIAMS job as soon as JOE steps up stairs.

Could this be a case of Looking to the Future by JOE and Stability.

If i'm NOT Mistaken MARTZ and JOE worked together earlier in their Careers.

Just wondering if I'm the ONLY one that feel's this way.

Anyway....I'm GLAD we are NOW Stable at the MAIN Coaching positions and should be for years to come.

I think MARTZ would have been a GREAT OC.....just NOT for the Long haul.

Glad we have SAUNDERS.

Way to go JOE.....

I just got to wondering about this after MARTZ bowed out on the LION's OC Job.

I think Joe got the best possible person available to run his offense. Martz truly is an egomaniac. He gets fired from his job and expects to land another gig getting money on par with his colleagues from the position he just got fired from. He actually was thinking that he deserves the same money that Saunders is getting. Maybe in a couple years as a OC he can prove that he is indeed worth Saunders money, but right now isn't the time to make that push.

No. I dont think Gibbs cares too much for the circus offense. Saunders runs the ball and controls the clock, he just adds more to the same style.

Yep, a lot of people seem to think they are going to see this brand new prolific offense, when in reality it's going to look very much like what we seen this year, with a little bit more down the field and heavy use of Cooley and probably Sellers and Portis out of the backfield.

Personally, I like Saunders. Run first, pass second.

Mike Martz will be a fine OC for some offensive deprived team like Detroit, Raiders, etc... But the running back will have to catch passes. He does not utilize the power back that a lot of teams have. wouldn't work here.

No. I dont think Gibbs cares too much for the circus offense. Saunders runs the ball and controls the clock, he just adds more to the same style.

Exactly, this is the case in a nut shell. While Gibbs does know that, and wants to open up the offense he still wants to be able to control the clock, especially in a tough division like ours.

I think we got the perfect fit in Saunders. He is the perfect balance between Gibbs and Martz, He's not pass happy yet he is very unpredictable and creative. Look at the stats, Saunders has put together a higher ranked offense than Martz the last few years. No one has scored more points than KC.

I think Joe got the best possible person available to run his offense. Martz truly is an egomaniac. He gets fired from his job and expects to land another gig getting money on par with his colleagues from the position he just got fired from. He actually was thinking that he deserves the same money that Saunders is getting. Maybe in a couple years as a OC he can prove that he is indeed worth Saunders money, but right now isn't the time to make that push.
mike martz took rams to a SB,did saunders take cheifs to a SB as oc? no he didnt.

The lions wanted a clause in Martz's contract not allwoing him to take a HC job until his contract was up. According to FSN radio

This is against some kind of rule. Remember the rumors about such a clause in Williams' contract and the subsequent reports that it wasn't true because it ISN'T allowed under whatever rules govern coaching contracts.

Marts wanted like $1.5 million while Detroit was only willing to give him $1 million, nuff said...

This is kinda like what Auditors do when they have issues with a client that can't be resolved. They can't just quit and leave, so they jack up their rates and wait for the client to release them. Martz probably didn't like the situation there in Detroit but it was one of the few jobs left and decided to go ahead and do it as long as the Lions met his price, otherwise he can walk away from it and get paid by the Rams to sit on his ass and watch football for a year...The Lions decided not to pay up and Martz decided not to show up...

mike martz took rams to a SB,did saunders take cheifs to a SB as oc? no he didnt.

That's an absurd observation. The Rams had Lovie Smith and cast of more qualified defensive coaches left over from Vermiel's reign in St. Louis. How many Super Bowl's did Martz take them to AFTER the departure of these coaches??

It's widely known that KC NEVER had the defensive coaching or player personnel that Vermiel was able to assemble with the Rams. It might also be noted that defensive coordinator and defensive positional coaches in St. Louis were a revolving door under Martz.

So, to recap, "no Lovie, no Super Bowl love". It's pretty simple when you think about it.

Archived