Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Could we have 2 women face each other in the next election ?

Mickalino

What's the chance of the Democratic and Republican candidates being Hillary vs Condolezza in 2008 ? Then we're virtually guaranteed for a woman president. And are we ready for that ?

Hillary will probably get the Democratic nomination, but I'm doubtfull Condi Rice will even run for President. I don't think she wants it. I've heard she wants to be the next NFL Commissioner. I'm all for that. I think she'd be much tougher on the refs if they keep F-ing up like they have been. Tagliabue is a weak tit.

We may be ready, but there is no chance of it happening.

Hillary might get the Democrat nomination (I doubt it and I sure hope she doesn't) but Condi will not get the Republican. She has no campaign fund, no organization, no backers other than people on message boards like us. She would get spent into the ground in the first week by the hundreds of millions of dollars already riding on other horses in the race.

i made a bet with nick fox at the end of the last presidental election that hillary will run this upcoming election. if i win, he has to take me to spain...if he wins, i have to buy him a BMW. so let's hope hillary runs! (although i have no intentions of voting for her)

No way. Hillary is unelectable. Too many Democrats wouldn't vote for her, too many Republicans hate her to the core. Chances are if you're not thrilling the Dems, and the Republicans wouldn't mind seeing you assasinated on your front porch, you're probably not going to even make a dent in swing voters. She'd never win.

As far as Condoleeza goes, the Republicans are in a position to nominate the best candidate possible, not necessarily the most electable one, considering they're incumbent. I don't think Condoleeza fits either of those descriptions. Besides, I really don't think America will elect a black president yet, let alone black female president. It's not right, but it's most likely true.

Honestly, I think the first African-American down the line who has a chance at being president is Barak Obama. He's everything the Democrat party needs for the future. They should start prepping him now for 2016.

NO. Heck I'm not sure Hillary gets the democratic nomination. Maybe they give it to Cindy Sheehan instead? Hillary will run but something tells me she stumbles.

Condi- are you kidding? The republican party- in the south was built on WHITE opposition to the civil rights act. When johnson signed the bill- he said democrats have lost the south for a generation. Only democrats elected president since then- 2 southern governors. The realignment though didn't happen in congress until the 90's and 00's. The conservative democrats are basically gone now in congress. The republicans will never nominate a black because the south will not vote for a black person. Probably still a generation away from that.

The 2008 race maybe between someone we probably aren't even thinking about. Being a political junkie, I can't wait for that first announcement- probably in November or December this year- after the 2006 elections. 2008 will be the first true open race on both sides since 1988.

Condi- are you kidding? The republican party- in the south was built on WHITE opposition to the civil rights act. When johnson signed the bill- he said democrats have lost the south for a generation. Only democrats elected president since then- 2 southern governors. The realignment though didn't happen in congress until the 90's and 00's. The conservative democrats are basically gone now in congress. The republicans will never nominate a black because the south will not vote for a black person. Probably still a generation away from that.

I strongly disagree. The south will vote for a black candidate as long as he or she is conservative.

Condi won't win, because she isn't a conservative.

I'd vote for rice in a heartbeat. Id kick my own ass before ever voting for clinton. Rice has stated publicly that she has no interest in running for office, and hillary is a joke, with no chance in hell. I would like to see George allen run, It wont matter who the dems put up, they will lose, they're stuck on stupid.

It wont matter who the dems put up, they will lose, they're stuck on stupid.

You seem to like that little line quite a bit. :rolleyes:

Please. Unless the Democrats do put Hillary up, which they won't, they have great shot at taking office, especially if Bush continues to alienate the swing voters. It'll probably be a moderate vs. a moderate, so unless Bush wins back alot of swing voters over the next 3 years, the Dems will probably win.

If the dems put up Hillary I will laugh at them. They will have reached an all time low.

The dems just don't get it. If they didn't nominate a freak every time, they might actually get an effing vote now and again. As bad as Bush sucks, as much a mockery as he has made of this country... the dems still can't win an election. The reason?

John Kerry

Howard Dean...

...and now Hillary effing Clinton.

whutta joke. I'm starting to think the democrats want to lose. Seriously.

You seem to like that little line quite a bit. :rolleyes:

Please. Unless the Democrats do put Hillary up, which they won't, they have great shot at taking office, especially if Bush continues to alienate the swing voters. It'll probably be a moderate vs. a moderate, so unless Bush wins back alot of swing voters over the next 3 years, the Dems will probably win.

I love that line. Its an accurate description of the left. The democratic party has alligned themselves with the loony libs in this country. Americans know what they want, and its not a party who would align themselves with the michael moores & cindy sheehans of the world.

If the dems put up Hillary I will laugh at them. They will have reached an all time low.

The dems just don't get it. If they didn't nominate a freak every time, they might actually get an effing vote now and again. As bad as Bush sucks, as much a mockery as he has made of this country... the dems still can't win an election. The reason?

John Kerry

Howard Dean...

...and now Hillary effing Clinton.

whutta joke. I'm starting to think the democrats want to lose. Seriously.

Yes, because they nominated Dean and Clinton, right? :doh:

The Dems can't win because they're poorly run compared to the Republicans. It's not because the Right has the moral or political highground, as many would make it seem. It's because the Republican party is a well-oiled machine, and Democratic party isn't.

She will win the democratic nomination. I don't understand why you think that's such a stretch.

No she won't. There aren't enough Democrats that like her, let alone swing voters, to justify it. The Democratic party isn't as well-run as the Republican party, but they're not dumb. Hillary would never win, therefore she will never be nominated. It's pretty simple.

No way. Hillary is unelectable. Too many Democrats wouldn't vote for her, too many Republicans hate her to the core. Chances are if you're not thrilling the Dems, and the Republicans wouldn't mind seeing you assasinated on your front porch, you're probably not going to even make a dent in swing voters. She'd never win.

I agree that Hillary is probably unelectable as President, but I think she will easily get the Democratic nomination. Democrats typically go very liberal in the primary. Their dilemma is they have to be more moderate to win the Presidential election.

\The Democratic party isn't as well-run as the Republican party, but they're not dumb. Hillary would never win, therefore she will never be nominated. It's pretty simple.

They nominated John Kerry. He was a complete screw up and he got more votes than any Democrat in history. There is still an "anybody but Bush" mentality that will carry over into the next election.

Yes, because they nominated Dean and Clinton, right? :doh:

It is who they've put out as the face of their party. You know that... I'm not sure why you'd try the technicality angle, unless you really had no argument to make. :2cents:

The Dems can't win because they're poorly run compared to the Republicans. It's not because the Right has the moral or political highground, as many would make it seem. It's because the Republican party is a well-oiled machine, and Democratic party isn't.

Wrong. Try again. And that is exactly what is wrong with the democratic party today. It is laughably absurd. You can't see the forest for the tree in front of you.

You show me the smoothest run, most thorough, and most brilliant presidential campaign centered around another dip**** candidate, and I'll show you 4 more years of the democrats sitting on the sidelines scratching their nuts wondering why they lost again. ;)

But hey... do what you want. Ignore what I say. Especially when I say I would vote dem IN A SECOND if they even remotely 'got it'.

I'd vote for rice in a heartbeat. Id kick my own ass before ever voting for clinton. Rice has stated publicly that she has no interest in running for office, and hillary is a joke, with no chance in hell. I would like to see George allen run, It wont matter who the dems put up, they will lose, they're stuck on stupid.

I met George Allen at a Republican crab feast in Delaware. He announced there that he would be running for President. You can bank on him running. I would like to see a ticket with him and Rudy Guliani.

Archived