Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins media helping Monk?????????

jpgirth

Just curious why you don't see Redskins media promoting Monk?

I think Redskins.com TV/ website would be a perfect vehicle to make more people aware of the current situation (HOF) with Monk.

Hell, sell some Monk jerseys....I'll buy one.

I think you make a very good point...There should be jerseys, Video, and an all out push for people to see his greatness...the man was an amazing football player...amazing. Like payton He was the total package...great blocker, great runner after the catch, great hands, impeckable route runner, and tuff as nails...You add all these things up with the fact that he was and is about as humble and honest a guy off the field that you will ever meet and you must ask that question.....Why don't the Redskins powers that be promote him for the Hall????

I do not have a link, but I remember reading that a couple years ago Snyder was going to pay for a huge publication campaign to get Monk in the Hall, but Monk's reps contacted the Redskins front office and asked them not to. I can't remember every detail of the article, but I do remember the article stating that the team planned a TV and magazine campaign showing Monk's numbers and ending with the word "Why?" I even recall hearing about the proposed campaign on ESPN's "Outside The Lines" program. On that program the guest said that Monk's demeanor has remained the same since his playing days and that Monk doesn't want that kind of attention. The guest said Monk's numbers speak for themselves and that he thought it was a classy move on Monk's behalf to not lobby for enshrinement when his numbers prove he is most worthy of the accomplishment.

I do not have a link, but I remember reading that a couple years ago Snyder was going to pay for a huge publication campaign to get Monk in the Hall, but Monk's reps contacted the Redskins front office and asked them not to. I can't remember every detail of the article, but I do remember the article stating that the team planned a TV and magazine campaign showing Monk's numbers and ending with the word "Why?" I even recall hearing about the proposed campaign on ESPN's "Outside The Lines" program. On that program the guest said that Monk's demeanor has remained the same since his playing days and that Monk doesn't want that kind of attention. The guest said Monk's numbers speak for themselves and that he thought it was a classy move on Monk's behalf to not lobby for enshrinement when his numbers prove he is most worthy of the accomplishment.
In respect to how Monk is this is probably true so he doesnt want himself promoted from within the skins organization. The media (local & national) could let idiots like Peter King, Mike Lupica....... know that Monk without questions SHOULD be in the HOF.

I agree a campaign is way over the top, but Russ Grimm and Art Monk should have been a permanent fixture on the front page of Redskins.com for the past two weeks.

I have complained to the website but there is not actually any contact for complaints. I had to send an email to the community outreach department as it seemed to be the only one that fitted.

Archived