Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Weightlifting

MikeSellers45

I take weightlifting as a class in school. We have A Day and B Day so I will have it Monday Wednesday Friday one week and Tuesday Thursday the next week. Currently, I do bench press everyday since about early December. From August to November, I hardly did bench press. When I first started, I could get 95 lbs. but couldn't do many reps. Now, I usuallydo 135 lbs but my max is 160, maybe 165. If I wanted to get my bench press up, should I continue doing it everyday or should I do it everyother day that I have the class?

I do benching like 2 times a week, I am trying to bench half my weight I way 370 now and I can only bench 150, but not only weight lifting I am trying to get my agilty up so I play basketball as much as I can and I jog on my treadmill. But as far as you problem you never want to work too hard you can tear something.

You need to let your muscles rest. I'll give you an example of a lifting schedule...

Monday-Chest, Back

Tues, Biceps

Wed Shoulders-Legs

Thurs- Tris

Friday-abs, cardio

**just an example**

You can also add cardio every day and do abs every other day. Also to get the most, change up your workouts, for example... have 6 different things for one body group, and keep mixing it up. You best bet is to ask an expert or a trainer, you can find them at gyms all over.

I am 6'5" 370, but I am lazy though :doh:

when do you turn 17?

Dude...Dude...DUDE...keep doing what your doing man and get in shape...Do you know how college football scouts (if they are not already) would drool 6' 5" 370....Maan get ya foot work straight you might hurt somebody.

So I should do all upper one week and lower the next? And no, I haven't already made this thread.

No, you should do upper 2-3 times a week and lower 2-3 times a week, with at least one day of rest between each day of work on a given muscle. When you work out, you fatigue and damage the muscles. In response, they grow in size and strength. If you deny them that rest period they have no time to repair themselves. Not only will you see less in the way of results, but you have a greater chance of hurting yourself.

As someone else said, it's important to balance the weight lifting you do. Make sure that you work your back to balance your pecs, your biceps to balance your triceps, your hamstrings to balance your quads, etc. Make sure also that you warm up and stretch thoroughly. That's very important.

I think the girly man comment was a joke, but either way ignore it. Don't measure yourself against anything in the weight room other than your previous best.

EDIT: While I was writing this you clarified your schedule. I would simply alternate days, that seems like the easiest option. Have you considered staying after school now and then or possibly coming on Saturdays (if your school opens the weightroom, mine did sometimes) on your TTh weeks?

Dude...Dude...DUDE...keep doing what your doing man and get in shape...Do you know how college football scouts (if they are not already) would drool 6' 5" 370....Maan get ya foot work straight you might hurt somebody.

I was playing footbal until I got kicked out of school. I got a GED so I am going to go walk on hopefully somewhere next year.

Why do you want to be my agent? I have never played organized footbal in my life but I want to this year.

Man at your size just hit people as hard as you can, show no fear and you will have a VERY good chance of getting a full ride somewhere....I knew a guy that as very average didnt make a lot of plays but was 6'5" 265 (back in 1992) and got a full ride.....didnt amount to much on the field but he got a chance for free education.

I take weightlifting as a class in school. We have A Day and B Day so I will have it Monday Wednesday Friday one week and Tuesday Thursday the next week. Currently, I do bench press everyday since about early December. From August to November, I hardly did bench press. When I first started, I could get 95 lbs. but couldn't do many reps. Now, I usuallydo 135 lbs but my max is 160, maybe 165. If I wanted to get my bench press up, should I continue doing it everyday or should I do it everyother day that I have the class?

Never ever do the same workout everyday...

This is a good program to just start, after 6 months or so move on to more of an advance program.

Monday's Chest/tri's

Tuesday's Shoulder/Bi's

Wed... Legs

Thursday Off

Friday's Back and Bi's you can add some tri's on this day as well.. Rest for 2 days and start the same program again!! 3 to 4 sets 8 to 10 reps... Take 1 minute breaks... Keep it simple and try to add more weight 2 1/2 pounds ever 2 to 3 weeks or sooner depending how fast you are progressing. Eat right, load up on protein and drink s load of water.

I did pyramids when I played football in high school. You start doing like 10 reps at a low weight, increase weight do 8, increase weight do 6, increase weight do 4, increase weight do 2, and then take all of the wight off and do the bar until your beat. Do that 2-3 for a week (including weekend), and you should see your strength increase.

It worked pretty good for me, but do not do this if you dont lift often or your arms will hurt for a week. Also try talking to your weightlifting coach or football coach for ideas.

Archived