Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should we be skeptical that Vinny was the one to say N.O. to T.O.?

Portis the Tortoise

I'm not saying that we are or aren't gonna go after T.O., but I won't be so fast to shut the door just because I heard Vinny Cerato say it was shut. If we are in fact interested in T.O., there are a number of reasons why the franchise would not want that to get out to the public at this time. If Gibbs had gone on television and squashed the rumors, that would be one thing, but I'm not convinced.

I'm still skeptical about the team's true intentions about acquiring TO.

It may be naive, but at some point I believe that TO is going to settle down and is going to be great on and off the field for some team. I would love for that to be us, but it's pretty risky. (We're kind of hoping the same thing happens with ST21)

I also don't know what type of clauses can be written in a contract to protect a team against an explosive personality like TO.

Also, can you imagine the media circus following our team even if TO behaved; I think that would be miserable?

I'll trust whatever decision Gibbs makes, though.

Vinny is the director of player personnel. I would take his word for it.

Yes but remember last year when he didn't know we were scouting the auburn kids :silly:

I agree we are not the front runner, however I do not agree we are not even speaking. Danny has not commented yet, and I put more value in what he says.

Now I would take Andyman's word over Vinny's though :D

Would never have happened anyways. The Eagles would never deal him to their own divisional rival. That would be like us trading Champ Bailey to the Cowboys.

So it's not just the fact that it was Cerrato who said it. It just didn't make sense in the first place.

This was not Vinnys call - this came from Joe Gibbs and Vinny is just the mouth piece. We were NEVER going to be in the running for TO with JG at the helm.

3 or 4 years ago we would have been offering him the moon on a stick - but not now.

HTTR

Martin

I don't know if Vinny was telling the truth or not BUT trading him within the division is not going to be the reason this wouldn't go through. T.O. has a large bonus due in March I believe so the Eagles pretty much have to trade him to the team that he wants to play for; otherwise T.O. can wait until the bonus is due and the Eagles are forced to cut him.

After watching Inside the NFL and thinking about the situation I have to beleive that there is at least some consideration being given to bringing T.O. in....I'm not Peter King's biggest fan but I would have to believe that even he isn't foolish enough to run with this stroy based solely on the word of Drew R.....I guess we'll find out over the course of the next few weeks.

After watching Inside the NFL and thinking about the situation I have to beleive that there is at least some consideration being given to bringing T.O. in....I'm not Peter King's biggest fan but I would have to believe that even he isn't foolish enough to run with this stroy based solely on the word of Drew R.....I guess we'll find out over the course of the next few weeks.

You don't know PK very well do you? He's had his fair share of flops in his day.

Why in the world would we want TO?

BECAUSE OTHER THAN MOSS WHO ELSE CAN BE A THREAT AT WIDE RECEIVER. TOWARDS THE END OF THE YEAR AND THE PLAYOFFS TEAMS BEGAN ROLLING COVERAGE AND DOUBLE TEAMING MOSS, AND THE OTHER RECEIVERS WERE STILL USELESS. GOD HELP US IF BRUNELL IS STARTING QUATERBACK THIS YEAR.

The eagles will not trade owens to a division rival they probably will not even trade him to a NFC team. So no need to worry about him being a REDSKIN.

I DONT THINK THAT ANYBODY WILL TRADE FOR OWENS. TEAMS WILL CALL THE EAGLES BLUFF. TEAMS ARE EXPECTING THE EAGLES TO CUT HIM BEFORE HE IS DUE THAT BIG ROSTER BONUS. ONCE THEY DO THAT HE WILL BE A FREE AGENT AND THEY DON'T HAVE TO GIVE ANY TEAM NOTHING. T.O. TO THE SKINS WOULD OPEN THE FIELD FOR EVERYONE.

Will it never end

Apparently not. It appears that the TO saga will continue well into the future. I am waiting for the Eagles to cut him and some other NFL team (not the skins) to pick him up and sign a new contract. Then, we can see trade for TO threads. Endless Lavar and Ramsey for TO threads. Well Lavar and Ramsey is not worth the price for just TO. So people will than debate trade value. It is like the neverending story.

Archived