Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

boston

cheeks

yea same here but if there was no team in dc i would prob be a ravens fan sence i live in md but thank good for the redskins i cant stand the f-ing ravens

Its hard to think about if there was no redskins. It would prob be a locak team, but the ravens came about later in my life so it would prob be someone else. Not sure who though. It would prob have been a team like San Fran because they were good during that time. But thank goodness the skins were here! :logo: wouldnt want it any other way! :point2sky

I'm glad to see some good replies instead of people just trashing someone for such a stupid post :) j/k!!

That's really hard to tell. I don't think I would have become a fan because they would have been broadcasting.. Giants, Eagles, Jets, and eventually Ravens games when I was a kid. Yuck, can you imagine being one of those fans. No offense Tom :D

In all seriousness, I find it hard to believe that a market the size of Washington, DC, wouldn't have had its own franchise. So therefore, I would have been a fan of whatever team was in the DC area as I was growing up.

Frankly, I'm partially such a huge fan because we were both a great team and a likeable team while I was growing up. I mean, we had the perfect combination of (a) winning; (B) hard working, blue collar guys like the Hogs; © humble, decent men; and (d) humorous wacko nut jobs like Riggo and Dexter.

If some other hypothetical DC area team had not such success in the 80's and early 90's, I'm not sure where my fanship would have turned out. Likely less rabid, and more along the lines of my casual interest in the Caps and the Bullets. But I think my loyalty to the DC area would have prevailed, and I would have been a Washington football fan nonetheless.

I agree with what others have said, I'd be a fan of whatever team that was representing the DC/metro area.

If for some reason we didn't have a team, I'm afraid to admit that I probably would have grown up a Colts fan.

I just have to look at my own experience with baseball. Having grown up in the 70's, I never had the Senators as a baseball team, so I naturally adopted the Orioles as my baseball team.....until I grew up of course and realized that they were not my hometown team and that they are partially responsible for DC not getting an expansion team, so I dropped the Orioles in the early 90's and waited until we finally got a team of our own.

I suspect I would have done the same with football. Support the Colts because I didn't know any better as a kid, then grow up, smarten up and wait patiently until DC get's an expansion team.

Archived