Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best Mexican Food In The Area

TODD

Pizza got me thinkin'...

I love the Tortilla Factory in Herndon, a good friend of mine's Dad is the owner... not a plug, I really love that place... best salsa ever.

Worst has got to be Don Pablo's.

Best takeout has to be Moe's... but we pretty much covered that area in the Chipotle thread.

I lived in Herndon for a couple years so I have always liked Tortilla Factory for what it is - very economical and food that was pretty decent. Haven't eaten there since I moved a few years ago so I guess it's not one of those places that I crave.

However, Rosa Mexicano Restaurant in Penn Quarter (next to the MCI Center) is the bomb-diggity! :D

Food is great and they make your guacamole tableside. Excellent place if you're ever downtown.

I lived in Herndon for a couple years so I have always liked Tortilla Factory for what it is - very economical and food that was pretty decent. Haven't eaten there since I moved a few years ago so I guess it's not one of those places that I crave.

However, Rosa Mexicano Restaurant in Penn Quarter (next to the MCI Center) is the bomb-diggity! :D

Food is great and they make your guacamole tableside. Excellent place if you're ever downtown.

Interesting...I hear a lot of people talking up Rosa Mexicano but I was not impressed with their food. I have had much better..especially considering how pricy it is. I don't mind dropping a lot of cash on a good meal but I left there feeling it wasn't worth the money.

What do you all think of Guapos (sp?) ? A former co worker's family owns the whole chain (about 6 restaurants in the DC area). I went once and really enjoyed the Carne Esata

Guapos in the Rio in Gaitherburg is a good place. It is just around the corner from where my wife works and her and I go there alot.

Love their "Happy Hour." :cheers:

Casa-Rico is also a good place up here in Frederick,Md.

I have not had GREAT Mexican food since Casa Maria's closed in Rockville many years ago.

Another reason that I love California.

No joke... I went to LA this summer and In West Hollywood me and my fam found the BEST restaurant. It was a hole in the wall amidst all of the novelty shops but it was far and away the best Mexican food. If I visit there again, I am definitely finding that place first thing.

Good to know... I'm planning on a day trip and Wiz game on Saturday, I'll check it out.

Is it especially expensive? ... my old man is a bit of a miser.

What do you all think of Guapos (sp?) ? A former co worker's family owns the whole chain (about 6 restaurants in the DC area). I went once and really enjoyed the Carne Esata

Yeah Guapos is the BEST!

I have dined at the one up Wisconsin Avenue in Tenleytown about 50 times...its the absolute!!!!!!

Margarita's are superb.....their salsa is addicting. They get my vote for sure.

Archived