Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

IN HINDSIGHT: #21 or #36?

project myu

Guest GibbSkins11
I remember thinking #21 was a "wussy" number to change to, and I'm pretty sure a lot of people on this very board came to the same consensus. But now, I can't picture Sean Taylor wearing any other number.

call sean a wussy to his face , lol

but to answer ur question ,

it dont matter a number isnt gonna make oppoents bodies hurt less:silly:

It seemed weird at first. but the 1st time I saw him wearing #21 I don't know he looked different somehow. It was kinda like he looked more stream-lined, like a Tomahawk cruise missle.

*edit* I wasn't too mad, my Mom had just given me a Smoot jersey for Christmas so I took my #36 and my #21 jersey to a tailor and had them switch the nameplate to #21.

He's gonna change numbers when he gets out of prison. Probably to the code of police armed assault, or maybe 421. LoL.

Good thing he's not going to jail(I hope I don't eat those words)

I've grown on 21, and i'm glad I didn't buy his jersey his rookie year because I was real close to getting it, i'll wait until the season starts to make sure he hasn't changed it again then buy the jersey :cheers:

Yeah I was one of the unlucky few who bought a #36 jersey, so I was more than a little bitter about the change. But then my girlfriend made a good point that when we win the Super Bowl within the next couple of years and everyone is on the Redskins bandwagon, I'll have the original rookie Sean Taylor jersey as proof I'm no fair-weather fan of the team and of one of our best players.

*edit* I wasn't too mad, my Mom had just given me a Smoot jersey for Christmas so I took my #36 and my #21 jersey to a tailor and had them switch the nameplate to #21.

Good call. I got a Smoot jersey cheap and am waiting for the tackle twill lettering to come in so I can change the name. I already have a Bailey jersey which I changed to Springs, and it worked out great. Then again, I live in a college town and they have an inks and images shop which does all the screening and sewing for student groups, so this was no big stretch for them. With free agency the way it is, you may not get more than three years out of an expensive jersey. It's good to know that it doesn't have to go to waste just because the player moves on. Now, if somebody will just take Stephen Davis' old number 48...

Sean "gonna getcha" Taylor makes 21 a feared # whereas the memories of Deion wearing it" much less being a Redskin still make me sick to my stomach. When ST changed to it all I could remember was Deion and his girlie one arm tackle tries !!! ST brings fear, respect, and pain in 21 !!!! I just hope he is wearing a new number courtesy of the state of FL this year !!!!

I remember thinking #21 was a "wussy" number to change to, and I'm pretty sure a lot of people on this very board came to the same consensus. But now, I can't picture Sean Taylor wearing any other number.

No number Sean Taylor wears will ever be a "wussy" number. Sean Taylor could wear a letter on his jersey and scare people into thinking it was a number.

I liked the BIG #36 coming over the middle, but #21 is OK.

But, 21 was already used here too much.

#21 Mike Nelms, Terry Allen, Ernest Byner, Deion Sanders, Fred Smoot, and Now Sean Taylor.

I just wanted him to make his own mark on a different less used number.

Maybe he should switch every year, Next year he should wear #31 after Rock is gone.

I prefer 36 because off the top of my head I can't think of any players that wear that number. I'm sure some do/have but 21 is a much less original number. Smoot wore it, Deion wore it, LT wears it, a TON of people have worn it. I like it when a player makes a number himself.

Archived