Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Betts or Rock?..Nemo?

Jofizz

Would you keep Ladell and release Rock? Or would you trade Ladell for another quality player and stick with Cartwright? I believe Ladell could draw great attention from other teams as a feature back. Don't forget that we also have a developing Nemo Broughton..What do you think?

I don't know how much trade value Betts would have because 1) he's been injury prone and 2) when he's healthy, he's been solid but not spectacular. Why would you trade for Betts when so many other options are available? With that being said, I still think Betts is a good back. But if I had to go into the season with either Rock or Betts as a starter, I'd take Rock because I don't know if Betts would hold up for a season. I have more confidence that Rock could carry the ball 250+ times.

I don't know how much trade value Betts would have because 1) he's been injury prone and 2) when he's healthy, he's been solid but not spectacular. Why would you trade for Betts when so many other options are available? With that being said, I still think Betts is a good back. But if I had to go into the season with either Rock or Betts as a starter, I'd take Rock because I don't know if Betts would hold up for a season. I have more confidence that Rock could carry the ball 250+ times.

I agree. Betts is a solid back when it comes to short yardage. But, if we remember back to the STL game, Rock was unbelievable. He had something like 120 yards on 9 carries (correct me if im wrong) but that's enough for me to keep him at least another year. He also seems to be a great team player.

I think Betts could start for more then a few teams in the league. That being said, If I had to get rid of one of them, I would let Betts go. If nemo pans out, we're more then set, and Rock is a key to our special teams. I wish he would get the call to carry more. He's hard to spot behind the big line, which give him an edge.

Without Rock the 2005 Redskins would have likely won the division and been the 2nd seed in the playoffs. If you want him as a cheerleader, let him run around the stadium with the giant Skins flag after every touchdown. Betts is an NFL caliber running back, Rock is a ST player at best.

Nemo still hasn't shown whether or not he can play in this league (and please don't tell me what coaches say about him in practice - Gibbs compared McCants to Art Monk and others said noone could cover Jacobs, but neither will be on a roster next year). Maybe Nemo will be the gem we all hope, but I don't think that warrants letting others go based on some faint hopes.

Rock, he needs to get some freaking playing time. I think we should involve Ladell in a trade, we can get a 4th rounder for him, for teams that are desperate enough. We can fill a more important need with that, such as CB, O-line depth.

Agreed. 100%

i'd let betts go, but i'd hate to do it. I think the guy is a great back--probably why i'd be willing to let him go. He'd give us a valuable pick up in the draft or maybe some players we can better utilize elsewhere. Rock more than proved he can carry the rock on third down with a great third and short conversion % (not sure exactly what it was but i know last time i heard it during a game it was over 50%).

I don't really care what the coaches say about people in practice, but nemo looked pretty good in the preseason, no matter who he went against he was averaging about 4 ypc (early in the games too, which usually is against the other team's better guys). The truth about nemo is he IS huge for a back with good speed, and that = great potential, honestly. With a good pick-up in the draft and nemo getting experience/better, i'd trade betts.

If I had a choice, Ladell no question, but from what I've heard he's most likely gone after next season.

I think were just gonna have to bite the bullet and go with 4 TBs again next season if we wanna keep Rock.

Otherwise, if Rock leaves it won't be too much of a problem. He's an important part of this team in the locker room and on special teams, but RB is not a difficult position to fill.

We should keep both players, Betts is a great change of pace back, and Rock is a great special teams player. BUT......If Betts could bring something big like a good draft pick or a good player to fill a position we need, then maybe we should trade. I doubt that will happen so I hope to keep both.

Where have you heard that ladell is heading out?

from the ES chat:

Ladell’s under contract, so he’s kind of an indentured servant right now, he’s still on his rookie contract – he has one more year, so we’ve kind of got him. But Rock will be a free agent, and with the things that he’s done on the field in the backfield, and also on special teams, there is the likelihood that someone could see him and like him, unless we decide to try and lay down some things for him on the management side. But we could lose Rock. We have another guy that’s backing up all of them, Nemo, that’s really grown a lot this year as well. We haven’t had the chance to see him on the field, but he’s going to be a guy that you’ll find, God-willing with health, that will be able to contribute to the success of the organization as well. But, I feel good about the guys that we have. The possibility is we’re probably going to lose Ladell after this year, and we stand to lose Rock this year because of their production.

Personally, him leaving makes sense to me. I'm assuming that when Ladell is a UFA he'll want to go to a team where he'll be able to compete for a starting position.

Archived