Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ravens-Redskins Training Camp Scrimmage

tenken627

I know we had a scrimmage against the Ravens in training camp last year. But I never got to go or even read about it.

Is it going to be a yearly thing? I know some other teams scrimmage each other traditionally before preseason, but the Redskins never had.

How effective was the actual scrimmage for both teams?

How informative was it for the fans?

Was it played out like an actual game?

Was there any type of media coverage? (Since it was a scrimmage and not a preseason game, was it televised?)

Will there be one this year? (Offseason is killing me!)

I was there and it was kinda lame. There were ST drills, like kickoffs, where there was no tackling allowed. Then some 5 on 5 drills. Then some actual plays, first team Skins offense against first team Ravens D, vice versa, all the way to third team. Then first team got to go again.

All I remember is that the Skins offense looked really bad and Deion had 1 or 2 sacks (when it was no tackling). And Brunell threw a pick as he tried to hit Antonio Brown on a go-route, haha.

Is it going to be a yearly thing? I know some other teams scrimmage each other traditionally before preseason, but the Redskins never had.

The Redskins use to scrimmage with the Steelers for many years.

I did not go to the scrimmage last year, but if they have it at FedEx Field this year, I will go.

I was there and it was kinda lame. There were ST drills, like kickoffs, where there was no tackling allowed. Then some 5 on 5 drills. Then some actual plays, first team Skins offense against first team Ravens D, vice versa, all the way to third team. Then first team got to go again.

All I remember is that the Skins offense looked really bad and Deion had 1 or 2 sacks (when it was no tackling). And Brunell threw a pick as he tried to hit Antonio Brown on a go-route, haha.

No tackling allowed? Come on....I hope our training camps are full contact this year to get the team mentally tough

I was there...it was about 1,000 degrees...

It was very informal....each team had a "turn" and had 10 plays and then it would go back to the other. It was cool just to watch football in August and see the burgundy & gold but its nothing to skip out on a hot date over.

I remember them saying that this year it was going to be at Fedex field....dont know if a rumor or not but that was the buzz.

Tackling was allowed but not on Qb's.

I personally do not want to have any kind of formal relationship with the Ravens. They are not the kind of orginization that I would like for our team to have a yearly association with. I know that it is due to the close proximity to one another but if we could do something with a quality orginization outside of our conference like the Steelers, that would be great.

Archived