Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tim Kaine is a Loser

AJ_Skins

We must have watched two different speeches, because what I heard was about 5-10 references to "we Democrats are better than this incompetent Administration, which is starving the poor, stealing candy from babies and randomly beating old ladies on the street". After Bush spent a large portion of his speech calling for bi-partisanship, it looked pathetically small and petty. In light of the fact that VA voted twice for Bush by wide margins and hasn't voted for a Democrat for President in about 40 years, I'd say Kaine ought to keep his mouth shut. Warner would have been smart enough to stay positive. Kaine is just a DNC lackey.
We must have watched different speeches indeed. Kaine went way out of his way to be nice about it and provide a moderate view. If you expected him to pat George on the back well then you clearly were going to be dissapointed .

Personally I felt he didn't attack the GOP on health care enough and he should have. Health care accounts? Yeah tell the poor to save more money....why didn't I think of that. :rolleyes: That's not a solution to the current problem, that's a small measure that may or may not change anything at all.

..... this incompetent Administration, which is starving the poor, stealing candy from babies and randomly beating old ladies on the street".

See, even I didn't know they were this low. Thanks, AJ, for making it even clearer why I could never be a republican. They really are horrible people and are all going to hell.

I want to personally thank each and every person who voted for this weasel, who is currently embarrassing every Virginian on national TV. Good job. :applause:

On the flip side of that comment I would like to thank each and every person who voted to elect then reelect that incompetent texas @$$, who is currently embarassing every American on an international stage. :cheers:

Guest Gichin13

I voted for and supported Tim.

He has almost instantly disappointed me with the shift in agenda towards fighting for "adequate public facilities" legislation tied to development. In essence, it is geared to permitting local downzonings to shut down building without the requirements of downzoning (and its possible taking implications, et c). It really is a pandering to soccer moms level response to transportation, planned development, and economic development. I saw this coming as he jumped on to this issue very late in his campaign, but unfortunately this issue has become a blood bath down in the General Assembly this session. It will be interesting to see how it turns out.

I voted for Potts.. I have no problem with Kaine giving an opposite view: That was his job at the time.

If your going to throw him under the bus at lease do it with him saying:

Virginians don't care about illegal immigration: Its farther down the list etc. etc.

going to have to write to them on that one....

I didn't see any of either speech.

But didn't Kaine just win an election that was a big national story?

If he's a loser.......then what would you call the guy who lost to him?

I heard Kilgore and the folks he put in ads that said Kaine wants murderers set free, are all sharing a condo in Viginia beach now to cut down on rents costs.

I firmly believe most people who voted for Kaine knew next to nothing about him,

This goes for most candidates.

The majority of people just vote because they choose a party and stick with it, regardless of who the candidate it.

The swing voters IMO, are usually the only ones that put any thought into their vote. The party ticket voters are just pathetic sheep.

If your going to throw him under the bus at lease do it with him saying:

Virginians don't care about illegal immigration: Its farther down the list etc. etc.

going to have to write to them on that one....

I must have missed that part because I heard him say the border need to be secured.

I heard Kilgore and the folks he put in ads that said Kaine wants murderers set free, are all sharing a condo in Viginia beach now to cut down on rents costs.
Kilgore managed to insult a ton of people by claiming that Tim Kaine’s stance was pro-criminal. Tell that to the Catholics, that were up until that point planning on voting for Kilgore, that quickly changed their mind when a letter from a victim showed up in their box and basically insulted them and their belief system in the name of Jerry Kilgore. Not to mention the fact that Tim Kaine never went against the death penalty. He stated he would uphold the laws of the state of Virginia. The panic Kilgore tried to generate was plainly dishonest.

Another democrat won in the red state. We can bank on fiscal responsibility for a while longer unlike the last GOP governor that damn near lost the states credit rating and left the budget in crisis.

How could anyone think this speech was anything but moderate - Fox News even said it was great and VERY moderate!!!!! William Kristol, editor of the Weekly Standard (a right-wing mag) even said he was surprised at how well the dems did picking Kaine on Fox News.

All he talked about was the strength of Virginia and how working together can help the country. CRAZY!!!!

I voted for and supported Tim.

He has almost instantly disappointed me with the shift in agenda towards fighting for "adequate public facilities" legislation tied to development. In essence, it is geared to permitting local downzonings to shut down building without the requirements of downzoning (and its possible taking implications, et c). It really is a pandering to soccer moms level response to transportation, planned development, and economic development. I saw this coming as he jumped on to this issue very late in his campaign, but unfortunately this issue has become a blood bath down in the General Assembly this session. It will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Maybe I don't understand what you are talking about, but I like what Tim is doing reference allowing local jurisdictions deciding what is best for their jurisdiction. Sounds like a GOP thing to do. VA is a Dillon rule state. The majority of republicans that come from the south and west of VA dictate what the rest of the state does. For example, a County can't make it's own decisions without first getting the states' permission. The VA legislature has to grant the jurisdictions powers to do anything. The counties and cities have no authority of their own. So, northern virginia has to abide but the stupid philosophy of some southwest redneck state congressman that has nothing to do with what goes on in traffic congested northern virginia. Simply, it is all about power and not wanting to give it up. The hypocrisy is just amazing in this state. The GOP is all about the Federal Gov't granting power to the states. Well, in VA the state controls everything and lets the counties and cities do nothing.

For info on the Dillon rule go to:

http://users.adelphia.net/~lefebjo/spfi/dillon/dillon1.htm

Virginia I believe is one of the few states left that practice the Dillon rule. Recently I asked a republican state congressman about the Dillon rule and if a possibility exists the state would change their ways and he laughed at me.

Ughh, that's gotta be the worse job in politics.

He did fine given the parameters in which he had to work.

At some point (I hope not very soon) the Democrats are going to realize that simply saying their might be a better way to do things isnt a sound political strategy. People want ACTUAL proposals. Something the Dems havent offered, and Tim Kaine was left alone to twist in the wind.

His hardest shot was "Is the Bush way the best way to do this?" (para).

C'mon.

Archived