they aren't looking.

2. Set all the alarm clocks in House-wares to go off at 5-minute

intervals.

3. Make a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to the rest

rooms.

4. Walk up to an employee and tell him/her in an official tone, 'Code

3'

in house-wares and see what happens.

5. Go the Service Desk and ask to put a bag of M&M's on lay away.

6. Move a 'CAUTION - WET FLOOR' sign to a carpeted area.

7. Set up a tent in the camping department and tell other shoppers

you'll

invite them in if they'll bring pillows from the bedding department.

8. When a clerk asks if they can help you, begin to cry and ask 'Why

can't

you people just leave me alone?'

9. Look right into the security camera; use it as a mirror, and pick

your

nose.

10. While handling guns in the hunting department, ask the clerk if he

knows where the anti-depressants are.

11. Dart around the store suspiciously loudly humming the "Mission

Impossible" theme.

12. In the auto department, practice your "Madonna look" using

different

size funnels.

13. Hide in a clothing rack and when people browse through, say "PICK

ME!

PICK ME!"

14. When an announcement comes over the loud speaker, assume the fetal

position and scream "NO! NO! It's those voices again!!!!"

(And last but not least!)

15. Go into a fitting room and shut the door and wait a while; and,

then,

yell, very loudly, "There is no toilet paper in here!"

:cheers: :laugh: :silly:

Care to share why?

I try to support my local store as much as possible (mom and pop) it keeps us making better buying decisions - instead of impulse buying cuz it so damn cheap.

I shop at Trader Joe's, Giant, Safeway and Fresh Fields (all i feel are somewhat employee friendly) and make an effort to not buy as much useless crap as possible - i.e. crap made in China....for Wal-Mart has solded its soul to.

OWNED4C.gif

I try to support my local store as much as possible (mom and pop) it keeps us making better buying decisions - instead of impulse buying cuz it so damn cheap.

I shop at Trader Joe's, Giant, Safeway and Fresh Fields (all i feel are somewhat employee friendly) and make an effort to not buy as much useless crap as possible - i.e. crap made in China....for Wal-Mart has solded its soul to.

OWNED4C.gif

Oops! I saw that it was you that made the post, and I must've subconciously replaced the word boycott with ban! I was curious if you had tried anything on the list. :laugh:

But I hear you. I'm not a huge fan of Walmart. They got chased out of Arlington by Target. I suppose that Target is equally as evil though. :doh:

But I hear you. I'm not a huge fan of Walmart. They got chased out of Arlington by Target. I suppose that Target is equally as evil though.

Wal-Mart is notorius for the poor treatment of its employees, however I believe Target is very good with their workers...

I would boycott Wal-Mart, but there are no Targets on Oahu, and sometimes as a student, Walmart is the only place you can go to be able to afford something!! :)

13. Hide in a clothing rack and when people browse through, say "PICK

ME!

PICK ME!"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Care to share why?

For me it is because they use the US government to subsidize the health care of their workers. They actually gave out the forms to put people on Medicade because they won't pay health care to their employees, yet the are the largest employer in the country. They are the antithesis of greed and exploitation of workers, not to mention they destroy all mom and pop type stores.

My reason:

Go to Electronics department to get a memory stick, a PS2 video game and a PC game.

Each is behind its own locked glass container.

There is ONE person working the department.

There are 9 people in line.

1.2 seconds is the time the person will take to help you and you'll be lucky to get the stick/game/game that you want and they took it to the counter with them with a look of disgust for the interruption while yelling to the guy in photos how much this sucks.

Then go to Best Buy or Target....

Same thing for the parking lot at the one in Kingstown near me: 90% full at all times.

the other two are much better.

For me it is because they use the US government to subsidize the health care of their workers. They actually gave out the forms to put people on Medicade because they won't pay health care to their employees, yet the are the largest employer in the country. They are the antithesis of greed and exploitation of workers, not to mention they destroy all mom and pop type stores.

You will be both pleased as dismayed by what is happening in MD.

The MD General Assembly approved a bill that would require companies that employe more than 10,000 people in this state (Wal-mart is the only one), and spend less than 8% on their employee health care to pay extra taxes to make up for the lack of health care benefits.

The Gov Vetoed the bill. :doh:

You will be both pleased as dismayed by what is happening in MD.

The MD General Assembly approved a bill that would require companies that employe more than 10,000 people in this state (Wal-mart is the only one), and spend less than 8% on their employee health care to pay extra taxes to make up for the lack of health care benefits.

The Gov Vetoed the bill. :doh:

Care to expand on the constraints MD puts on small businesses that WANT to give employees healthcare coverage?

Or are you just spouting out for the sake of spouting out?

Care to expand on the constraints MD puts on small businesses that WANT to give employees healthcare coverage?

Or are you just spouting out for the sake of spouting out?

In all honesty, the issues surrounding small business isn't something I'm familiar with.

However, what does this have to do with Wal-Mart, a company 2nd only to the federal government in terms of # of employees?

How many small business owners do you know that pretty much expect (and coach) employees to get their healthcare from the government?

I hate, hate, HATE Wal Mart because of their awful store layout and how crowded it gets in there. There are always a lot of slow, fat broads in my way when I got their. Target is so spacious; love it.

Anyway, :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: @ that list. Freaking hilarious. I have to try some of those next time I get dragged to that place.

Some of these I'd be too chicken to try, but I have a friend who will do ANYTHING, so I'm gonna have to get some bribery money on hand.

Archived