Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Home game sellout streak?

bschurm

I think the Green Bay packers website says that they have a sell out streak since 1963 or something like that. I wonder if they are stretching the definition of "sell out" to get the longest streak.

The Green Bay streak is only at Lambeau it doesn't count the Milwaukee games each year, some of which didn't sell out during the lean years.

By the way, during the strike games, the last of the three, the Redskins players had agreed to come back but after the deadline to play in that week's games. Guess who we played? Dallas. The REAL Cowboys. And a bunch of off the street Redskins players defeated them 13-7 in a smashing upset.

Strike games were not included in any teams sellout streak --- the streak goes on and yes we have the longest streak and I think Denver is 2nd.

That's bogus to say the strike games don't count. The games counted in the standings and Anthony Allen still holds the single game record for receiving yards which he set in that very same game! If you are not going to count the strike games, then put an asterisk next to the record.

I also think it is bogus that the club seats don't count as part of the consecutive sellout streak, but they DO count when you calculate the total attendance.

I was at the first game played at Jack Kent Cooke stadium in 1997 and there were a TON of empty club seats in the corners of the end zones. After years and years of seeing RFK packed, it was a strange sight to see.

I believe the cheapest seats were $49 last year. So, a season (10 games) for one seat will be $490.

Anyone hear if they'll raise prices next year?

Parking went up in 2005, I think the last ticket increase was 2002 ($4 surcharge for security or as we like to call it - ensuring that no outside food or drink sneaks in).

With a playoff appearance in 2005, I would be amazed if the ticket prices did not go up at least $5 per seat per game, but that's just me.

I agree that the skins have the best fans, but its still BS when they say "sell out", but empty seats are clearly visible. Ive been on the waiting list a long time and dont understand this.

Tickets were sold, hard cash changed hands, the seat was transferred to a fan! If they didn't show up, then they should have given the tickets to someone else who would root for the B&G!

Archived