Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Prediction: Lavar in 2006 Pro-Bowl

truskinsfan18

Yeah I said it. I've never made a prediction, and im not a person who usually makes them. But I have a VERY strong feeling about this. Theres a phrase somewhere, that says you can't keep the great ones down.

First of all, forget about cutting him, because it would be much smarter for him to restructure, so I dont want his future of being here a factor. Lets assume for this case that he will be a redskin. I believe he will be a pro-bowler because obviously he has the natural talent. He got hurt in 2004, making the 2005 offseason nothing but a rehab session. As you know, when a person is rehabbing, they cannot work out at a high level(NFL level). He claims he was playing at a higher weight, which is explainable. Playing at a higher weight for a person who is accustomed to being very quick and agile, can be a hard adjustment.

I also know that Lavar hates this right now. Think about it, hes used to being"Mr. Redskin", and the best player on the team. Being in the shadow os such talented players, will make him work harder to become the once highly touted player he was.

And finally, he is a big-name player, which the pro-bowl is crazy for. That is one reason I hate the Pro-Bowl selection process. Lets face it though, a big name like Lavar with an above average season equals pro-bowl.

I believe in him too I pray he will still be with the team for years to come, they are suppose to increase the cap by like 40 million in 2007 that might make the skins able to restructure but I got a fealing he might have to take a pay cut to stay.

I believe in him too I pray he will still be with the team for years to come, they are suppose to increase the cap by like 40 million in 2007 that might make the skins able to restructure but I got a fealing he might have to take a pay cut to stay.

Didn't he publically state somewhere he was willing to restructure? I know that talk is cheap, and Lavar talks a lot, but I don't htink he would lie about that.

lavar said he would do whatever it takes to stay a redskin, some say it's just PR talk to make him more attractive to other teams but I believe him.

If he were to stay he wouldn't be taking a pay cut but just stretching his bonus over four years, it's not a problem for lavar as it is a problem for danny, he would have to give lavar gauranteed money up front. don't think it will be a problem for D-money baggs though.

we will see how it plays out

I have little doubt that he'd make the probowl. He was coming off the same injury he had the year before last. He'll come back to his old form, except more disciplined and hungrier.

Now whether he does that for someone else or us is the question.

Look at what Trotter did after he left and he has 1/2 the talent of Lavar.

i like ur prediction but i believe we have other guys on the defense that deserve it mroe than him. springs, salevea, griffin, washington and taylor. just to name a few. honestly i dont care if he goes to the pro-bwol, i want him to play at a pro-bowl and takes us to the next level ala Superbowl.

The reason I think Lavar won't make the pro bowl is Greg Williams. He's not gonna let Lavar make the kinda plays he's capable. I feel Lavar from the WLB should and could be a terror. I'm positive that some QB's should be flinching at the thought of him coming from the weak side.

I've heard Hasselback from the Seahawks for instance on the sideline talking to his team mates telling them to get Arrington blocked. This was in a game a couple years back against the Seahawks. This game is on On Demand for those who have Comcast. I think it was in Spurriers' tenure.

The reason I think Lavar won't make the pro bowl is Greg Williams. He's not gonna let Lavar make the kinda plays he's capable. I feel Lavar from the WLB should and could be a terror. I'm positive that some QB's should be flinching at the thought of him coming from the weak side.

I've heard Hasselback from the Seahawks for instance on the sideline talking to his team mates telling them to get Arrington blocked. This was in a game a couple years back against the Seahawks. This game is on On Demand for those who have Comcast. I think it was in Spurriers' tenure.

Dude, its because he wasn't healthy this year. He's not going to let someone thats not heathly be a liablity to the team, if Lavar was so forceful this year, GW would not have him stay in pass coverage

Archived