Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cold Stone Creamery

CandaceM23

I dont eat any sweets, but as soon as I save up a little dough I am opening up a Cold Stone franchise. The one near my house in Vienna has a line out the door and around the corner every friday night. I swear that stuff is like crack for some people. Its insane. I tried it once, got a plain vanilla with a bunch of fruit in it and i was still felt like i was eating nutrasweet.

My biz plan is going to look like this when I apply for the small business loan:

Large highly addicted client base + 700% profit margin on overpriced crap + minimum waged staff = me buying my great big boat in 6 months.

Speaking of crack addicted clientele, I may open a ColdStone/Starbucks hybrid shop. Though if i did that, i would keep a paramedic on staff.

PM me... I worked there as a manager for 2 years. I could probably help you out.

My biz plan is going to look like this when I apply for the small business loan:

Large highly addicted client base + 700% profit margin on overpriced crap + minimum waged staff = me buying my great big boat in 6 months.

You better factor in INTENSE seasonality (expect to do 95% of your business in 4 months when the weather is warm) and the headaches that will bring with regard to labor.

Not to mention punishing franchise fees, rent, overhead, and what would probably amount to a $5 average sale. That means to get to a $5000 day, you would have to average 100 transactions per hour. That is almost 2 per minute. On a tiny cash register with 12 different employees hands in and out of the cash drawer.

Here's your boat.

fatlittleskiffwater20001.jpg

I don't mean to be a downer... but if it were that simple, everyone would do it. :2cents:

We have one in our area. Been there twice at the request of my daughter. The place did nothing for me..................

We also have a Ritters frozen custard. This has got to be the best frozen treat I've had. It's like the creamiest Ice cream, but not too rich.

You better factor in INTENSE seasonality (expect to do 95% of your business in 4 months when the weather is warm) and the headaches that will bring with regard to labor.

Not to mention punishing franchise fees, rent, overhead, and what would probably amount to a $5 average sale. That means to get to a $5000 day, you would have to average 100 transactions per hour. That is almost 2 per minute. On a tiny cash register with 12 different employees hands in and out of the cash drawer.

Not sure where you came up with your $5000/day figure, but I dont think these places need to gross $150,000 per month.

And as far as headaches in regards to labor, can we still whip the high schoolers? SING DAMMIT! SING! WA-CHISH!

Mmmmmmmmmmmm boating...........

x5_ski_boat.jpg

I always thought Ritter's was an Indiana thing. Yes, it's definitely quite good.

I can't remember if it originated in Indania or Ohio, but with all the transplants, and tourists from the midwest, it's a natural in our area. They even do dogs night once a month, where they give your pooch a cup if you bring them........

I love ice cream, but man I can't stand Coldstone or Marble Slab. There is no real flavor to their ice cream, they're more about the mix ins than the actual ice cream.

That's the best part!

I can't remember the flavor I made, but it was the bomb. Chocolate and Coffe ice-cream with brownies, cookie dough and M&Ms or something like that...it was THE BOMB.

My husband and I were on a weekend date and we decided to go to Coldstone because we had never been. Let me tell you, It was AWFUL!!!!! I'll take Baskin Robbins ANYDAY!!!!! The whole experience was horrible.

Dang! I've never met so many people who disliked Coldstone...I love that place. My ex-girlfriend was a huge chocoholic, but didn't like sweets, and she loved that place as well!!

More for me!! Locals get a discount here in Waikiki...:)

Why is it old people always say a certain food is "too rich"?? What does that mean?!?
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That's awesome. Often I'll order a really good dessert and my mom will ask, "isn't that too rich?" I always think "WTF woman?"; 'rich' appears to be a synonym for tasty as f*** with old-timers. Kinda pity old peops, they can't enjoy good food without feeling the effects of some sort of maladie.

Having said that, Cold Stone is some nasty stuff. Not as in repulsive, but I know I'm going to feel some stomach pain after eating it. It's totally worth it, though. Best ice cream I've eaten.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That's awesome. Often I'll order a really good dessert and my mom will ask, "isn't that too rich?" I always think "WTF woman?"; 'rich' appears to be a synonym for tasty as f*** with old-timers. Kinda pity old peops, they can't enjoy good food without feeling the effects of some sort of maladie.

:laugh: :laugh: :rotflmao: :laugh: :rotflmao: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :rotflmao:

• 2 years later...

I like Coldstone ice cream without anything mixed in. I mean, the mix-ins are all right, but it's nice to be able to get smooth ice cream in varieties that are usually found with crap in them. Especially mint. Mint ice cream without anything in it. That's the ****.

Archived