Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar and the Melting Pot.

brownman

My cousin and her husband were at The Melting Pot in Annapolis on January 6 and Lavar walked in with his wife. They were definitely stunned and said he was really nice. He took time to talk to them and take a picture with them. I hope he stays... logo :

Hell, I saw my little brother at this steak and cheese joint with his girlfirend and he totally ignored me ... I think he was drunk though.

Your Brother ignored you? Thats messed up, but what does that have to do with Lavar the monster man?

thats really nice... imagine how itd feel to have people want an autograph everywhere you go, when youre out on dates, always taking pictures, etc... im sure itd be fun for a few weeks, but after that, id personally go crazy. its good to know that he has himself together.

My friend went to a Wizards game wearing his Lavar Jersey, and then ended up sitting a row behind him. Lavar actually turned around and offered to autograph the jersey. They talked for like 15 minutes (this was when we were trying to resign Smoot) He said that everyone on the team was trying to convince Smoot to stay, but he thought that Smoot had his mind made up. I guess he was right. But back on topic, Lavar had no problems signing the Jersey, he also signed their Wiz tickets.

I have a picture to post if I can ever figure out how to do it. If anyone has any insight into how to post feel free to do so. I got the picture in an e-mail and I just can't figure out how to post... I was rather jealous myself! :eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

I have a picture to post if I can ever figure out how to do it. If anyone has any insight into how to post feel free to do so. I got the picture in an e-mail and I just can't figure out how to post... I was rather jealous myself! :eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

From the FAQ at the top of each page: What Are Attachments?

This is why i believe LaVar will be in Washington for his career. He's a great guy. Yeah he has had some distractions but i think he has put that behind him and hes ready to step up and produce at a high level. Not to mention we would take a $12 million cap hit.

I have to say I bet he'll "love the fans" of whatever city he's traded to if it does indeed happen. I'd love for him to say, but LaVar is a charismatic guy who's a fan favorite. He says all the right things to the fans.

That's because he's a smart guy. He knows who he has to please. The fans decide whether or not there is a league. The fans decide whether or not there is a team. Fan support should be the biggest aspect of any football team...too bad not a lot of players, or teams realize that.

Wow everyone in this thread has nice things to say about Lavar I must have died and gone to heaven! The salary cap will be increased at least 40 million in 2007 might make it easier to keep Lavar.

Where did you hear this? An increase of 40 million is a lot. I'd love for it to happen but that seems unrealistic.

After the first time we played Tampa LaVar shook my hand and autographed my hat. He was outta the gate talkin to people and signing autographs. I hope he stays.

I have to say I bet he'll "love the fans" of whatever city he's traded to if it does indeed happen. I'd love for him to say, but LaVar is a charismatic guy who's a fan favorite. He says all the right things to the fans.

He may "love the fans everywhere else", but he knows there are no fans like SKINS fans! Where else have they been selling out games since 1968??!!

This is why i believe LaVar will be in Washington for his career. He's a great guy. Yeah he has had some distractions but i think he has put that behind him and hes ready to step up and produce at a high level. Not to mention we would take a $12 million cap hit.

I hope your right, but understand, great guys have been released, or traded before..

Art Monk

Stephen Davis

Just to name 2 big names.

LA is a true fan favorite. I met Lavar his rookie year when I was at a Wizard game. I scored some front row seats and was only 19 and LA was behind me! I cracked some jokes with him abot having better seats and he spoke to me off and on through most of the night. He was with Stephen Davis who failed to even say hi to anyone.

This year I was able to meet LA twice. After the terrible loss to the Raiders almost every high profile player walked right by the crowd. LA came by and signed plenty of Autos. I got my Jersey signed and a picture with my friends.

The second time I met LA was after the playoff win in Tampa. I was one of the many who rushed the team bus when they pulled in to Asburn park. Many skins headed for their bags and halled A%S home. LA jumped out of the bus and ran toward the FANS!! I was able to get my Throw back Penn State jerey signed. The cool thing was LA made it a point to call out my jersey and I was able to get through many fans to get it signed.

LA is a awesome player to have as your favorite player. Regardless of what anyone says about LA you can't beat meeting your favorite player in sports 2 times in a year. LA makes stuff like this happen. I hope to see him in a Skins uniform next year but will be supporting him regarldess...

Keep the positive posts going about LA because we all need something good to talk about!!

Go skins!!! Go Extremeskins!!

I hope your right, but understand, great guys have been released, or traded before..

Art Monk

Stephen Davis

Just to name 2 big names.

And for non-Redskins examples, how about Joe Montana, Reggie White, Marcus Allen, and Emmit Smith? Some guys just look so wierd in other uniforms than their originals. Granted, White aside, the others were at the nadir of their careers.

Archived