Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TO to the Broncos

fuji869

I just heard on the NFL Network the TO spent 4 hours at the Broncos Facility and there will be an announcement during Super Bowl Media Day.

Like TO and Drew did not plan it to be announced during Super Bowl Media.

Damn it, we had the opportunity to get this done this week...but our coaching staff is on vacation. We missed out on the opportunity to sign the best WR in the game.

I just heard on the NFL Network the TO spent 4 hours at the Broncos Facility and there will be an announcement during Super Bowl Media Day.

Like TO and Drew did not plan it to be announced during Super Bowl Media.

It doesn't matter. TO is just figuring out where he will play next year.

There will be no trade for TO or anything like that.

He will be released by the Eagles, then he will sign somewhere with all the oral agreements in place. (I think WB36 alluded to this in another thread)

I don't know what to hope for more.

If Denver blows up, then great. I already hate the donkeys.

If Denver has a great season it makes the Eagles look like idiots because they had a talented player that made their team better and couldn't do what was needed to keep him. And got no compensation for him.

So the Broncos.. RIGHT NOW... are 30 million dollars above the estimated 2006 salary cap and now they are going to bring in T.O? Unless they are planning on pulling a salary cap circumvention ala 1997-98 or they are planning on no CBA agreement and no cap next year.

So the Broncos.. RIGHT NOW... are 30 million dollars above the estimated 2006 salary cap and now they are going to bring in T.O? Unless they are planning on pulling a salary cap circumvention ala 1997-98 or they are planning on no CBA agreement and no cap next year.

Yeah, how can they sign TO? From what I understand, they have several large salaries that can be easily restructured. But, still... $30 million over the cap + 2 first round picks + TO = an accountant's nightmare.

I went over to orangemane and thier fans are pretty funny to say the least. Here are some snippets from the TO thread....instant classic.

People seem to believe that TO's brain operates the way a normal person's brain operates, despite a truckload of empirical evidence to the contrary.

He'll make IHOP & Carter look like Rod Smith clones by comparison.

Isn't it great how organizations are always preaching to their players about how they should put the team first, how they should act professional, how they should do things the right way.

What happens the first time some egotistical idiot savant like TO hits the market?

What a joke.....

Plummer is going to be the target of TO's scorn instead. What do you think Terrell would say to reporters after Jake coughed up the ball four times in a playoff game?

I could get behind the sheer entertainment value of an organizational train wreck if we weren't so damn close to the top. Getting TO is here will poison the well for the next 5-10 years. It took at least five years to wipe the stink of Dale Carter off the roster. I guess Shanahan misses the smell.

Offense wont make the difference. why you ask? cause Jake cant make good reads, he cant get the ball to the receiver. if you are asking Jake to become Trent Dilfer than you need to strengthen the defense to a level of a Bears, Bucs, or 00 Ravens. then, you can go to the dance without worrying about how Jake performs. simply plugging in a new wideout will do nothing because jake cant reach his targets.

He only cared about getting the ring in the respect that he wanted to miraculously get back in time to save the Eagles in the Super Bowl so that his personal story of recovery from the injury and risking everything could become historic. It was all self promotion, self-aggrandizement. He wanted it to become a historic story about the greatness of TO the individual, that was the primary motivation, the fact that the Eagles would win it all was secondary.

As much as I hate the Broncos, I don't want to see this ******* tear apart another good football team. I wish TO would be blackballed from the NFL. He doesn't deserve to play anymore.

Agreed. And I've said as much repeatedly in the past.

However, at the same time, it's very telling to see who would compromise their values in order to acquire "talent".

And if Shanahan is that desperate... let him have T.O. I'll be rooting for T.O. to blow up that organization as well.

It's too bad that he's 31 and this is probably his last chances anyways. It'd be nice to see if coaches could resist the tempation after 3 strikes (post Denver) if he was still in his prime.

Really, I want to know what it takes to get blackballed (not banned) from the NFL.

Really, I want to know what it takes to get blackballed (not banned) from the NFL.

I think maybe something to do with being naked and an animal somewhere close by.

But seriously, unless TO is taking some mood altering drugs, he'll show some cracks by week 9 next season.

Shanny is an idiot to think he can control him. Reid felt the same way.

Wow... this ought to be good.

First of all, Shanny's ego is completely out of control. So now he's gonna manage TO, huh? Good luck with that :doh:

Second... if Shanny couldn't even handle Darryl Gardner, what makes him think he'll be any better with TO? Hell.. even Spurrier could manage Gardner.

:munchout: :munchout:

there is so much else... plummer is going to be owned on the sideline the first time he overthrows TO.

I never saw this coming. I thought a basement team like the Texans or Cardinals might take a chance on him... but a team that close such as the Broncos? Do they ever learn? :doh:

I can't wait to see this. T.O. and Jake Plummer. That is the entertainment of dreams.

Seriously though, what does it take for personnel people to realize that T.O. just doesn't mesh well? Blowing up to very good playoff teams and now moving to a team with arguably a worst QB then the other two...

This is going to be cute to watch.

Archived