Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

any news on lavar?

kimwx

this is th last news I have seen anywhere about Arrington:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2301910

NFLPA seeks disciplinary action for Arrington's agent

LaVar Arrington believes the Washington Redskins cheated him out of a $6.5 million bonus, but the blame might formally fall upon his agent, Carl Poston.

The NFL Players Association has filed a formal complaint seeking disciplinary action against Poston for "neglect" in negotiating Arrington's contract near the end of the 2003 season, union and league sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

Poston, who was unavailable for comment, has 30 days to answer the complaint, which claims the agent failed to properly review terms of the contract before submitting it to Arrington for the player's signature, the sources said.

Arrington and Poston had filed a grievance against the Redskins stemming from the eight-year, $68 million contract the two sides agreed upon, the player and agent claiming the Redskins had removed a $6.5 million bonus from the final contract without notification.

The two sides settled the matter in August, but terms favored the Redskins, who agreed only to a deal that would make Arrington a free agent or net him a $3.25 million bonus if he made the Pro Bowl in two of the next four seasons. He did not make the Pro Bowl this season.

Arrington's status with the Redskins is uncertain this offseason.

It's really up in the air at this point in the offseason. Some will swear he's staying others swear he's gone. Other than a few bogus rumor threads there hasn't been any substantial developments.

Good objective post. Most people here will say one way or the other depending on what they want. I think we got to let it ride out.

Arrington is good as gone. Gibbs sought out Ryan Clark and Ramsey to let them know he wanted them here next season. Never spoke to Arrington publicy.

Where was this reported? I know Ramsey was packing a Uhaul saying who knows, and Clark mentioned both sides wanted an agreement...but is there an official record of Gibbs telling Ramsey he wants him?

And I agree....for $12M, theres no way hes going anywhere.

Where was this reported? I know Ramsey was packing a Uhaul saying who knows, and Clark mentioned both sides wanted an agreement...but is there an official record of Gibbs telling Ramsey he wants him?

And I agree....for $12M, theres no way hes going anywhere.

I haven't heard anything about Ramsey staying...I have heard Lavar was going to restructure his contract to stay here. It makes no sense to cut Lavar, his cap hit would be too huge.

We aren't going to know anything on anyone for a while because all this contract stuff is severely impacted by the current status of the CBA. In Lavar's case, the cap numbers change drastically if a CBA agreement can be reached. If it can't cutting him will cost 12 mil against our cap this year but if there is a new CBA it would be like 7 this year and 5-6 next year. I'm guessing we won't hear any major news on this front until sometime in March.

Who needs some chump named Levar when we have Lavar??? :laugh:

More importantly, considering how much each contributed to our success this year we need to let Brunell go before Lavar??? Don't get me wrong, I want Lavar to stay but he's worth about half his contract and to say he needs to be here more than Brunell shows a lack of football knowledge and a typical star love affair that makes no sense. That kind of a statement is the same line of thinking that Peter King uses to deny Monk the Hall of Fame. He would rather say someone who had less of an impact but was flashier and made more Sports Center highlight reels is the deserving guy. Apparently, a lot of our fans feel the same way about the players on our team. Wake up, Lavar at 12 million a year has had less of an impact these last two years than many of the guys who are getting paid the veteran's minimum. He's a good player, I like him, I want him to stay but he just isn't nearly worth what he's getting paid. Hopefully, it can be worked out.

More importantly, considering how much each contributed to our success this year we need to let Brunell go before Lavar??? Don't get me wrong, I want Lavar to stay but he's worth about half his contract and to say he needs to be here more than Brunell shows a lack of football knowledge and a typical star love affair that makes no sense. That kind of a statement is the same line of thinking that Peter King uses to deny Monk the Hall of Fame. He would rather say someone who had less of an impact but was flashier and made more Sports Center highlight reels is the deserving guy. Apparently, a lot of our fans feel the same way about the players on our team. Wake up, Lavar at 12 million a year has had less of an impact these last two years than many of the guys who are getting paid the veteran's minimum. He's a good player, I like him, I want him to stay but he just isn't nearly worth what he's getting paid. Hopefully, it can be worked out.

Well said. Lavar is a great player but considering his injuries the past two years it's impossible to justify 12 million going to him. There are a lot of players that have made bigger contributions (Ryan Clark for one) that make MUCH less money than him. I'm not saying he should get the league minimum or anything but he should accept a pay cut for the good of the team and try to earn another big contract. If he really wants to be here, and wants to win, he'll understand that his worth to the team is not $12 mill. That being said, I hope it all gets worked out because I love Lavar and think he has a great personality. I could see him and Marcus really wreaking havoc on the field and having a blast in the lockeroom. They just seem like two fun loving guys.

Well gang here it is: No one knows but the good guess by most "in the know" says he has to restructure to stay. I believe that Greg Williams really does not want some flashy guy who makes sometimes great plays but for some reason also takes plays off to be a part of his defense. I also do not believe he is a maker or breaker in Williams scheme as evidenced by the way the D played without him for so many games in the past 2 years. 1 guy should never make or break a TEAM! I love Lavar but it is time to move on. Package him and Ramsey and lets get some every down players. Just my opinion :)

"Well gang here it is: No one knows but the good guess by most "in the know" says he has to restructure to stay. I believe that Greg Williams really does not want some flashy guy who makes sometimes great plays but for some reason also takes plays off to be a part of his defense. I also do not believe he is a maker or breaker in Williams scheme as evidenced by the way the D played without him for so many games in the past 2 years. 1 guy should never make or break a TEAM! I love Lavar but it is time to move on. Package him and Ramsey and lets get some every down players. Just my opinion."

1) Williams plays a rotation scheme in which players are rested/deployed to meet tactical objectives.

2) So Sean Taylor isn't a must have guy in this defense? Any ole pawn will do...eh?

3) So Springs should be *hit canned? he has been beaten deep more than once, has missed tackles when blitzing, hasn't always made the sure tackle against the run. I get it! There's multiple standards in play here!!!!

1) Williams plays a rotation scheme in which players are rested/deployed to meet tactical objectives.

2) So Sean Taylor isn't a must have guy in this defense? Any ole pawn will do...eh?

3) So Springs should be *hit canned? he has been beaten deep more than once, has missed tackles when blitzing, hasn't always made the sure tackle against the run. I get it! There's multiple standards in play here!!!!

How many games have Springs and ST missed, and how many games has Lavar even played in the last 2 seasons?

LaVar spent the entire off-season last year rehabbing his knee. He says he was healthy at the start of the year, but coming back from an injury and saying that youre not injured is completly different than actually being healthy! We need to keep LaVar, he will get a chance this season to work out with the team and actually work on getting stronger. Instead of trying to gain his strength back. People really under estimate how tough this year must have been for lavar physically. He will come back next season a much stronger player, mentally as well as physically.

Archived