Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Iowa City...

Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin

Nice little college town in a great state. Not far from the Amana Colonies. There's a pretty nifty new mall in Coralville (just next door to IA City) from what I understand.

Still trying to find a job that'll get me back home to Iowa, quite honestly. I've seen about 90% of America at this point. Can't think of a better place to raise a family.

It's one of the few places where you can literally leave your door unlocked at night; that's pretty cool.

And honestly, for family life, it rocks. Perenially, the best public education system in the nation. Low cost of living. Small town living --- and bigger towns (Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Quad Cities) that have the majority of the attractions of larger metropolises.

As my wife and I have remarked on numerous occassions (living here in Dallas) -- with the advent of the internet and online shopping -- the big cities, while still cornerning the market on dinning/etertainment -- really no longer corner the market on shopping.

It'll be interesting to see how these areas further develop as telecommuting in the service industries becomes more and more common (i.e., your job location doesn't have to tie you to an urban center).

Sorry -- definitely more than my fair share of :2cents: :laugh:

My understanding is that there aren't many jobs in the whole state of Iowa. Lots of people are moving away from there because of the job market and the property values and cost of living are probably very low. If you can get a job out there, which it appears your mother can, probably not a bad place to be financially at least.

i was out walking across college ave here in college park on friday and i heard that song blasting from a car.. i thought that was so strange, since it isn't really a real song

:laugh: I think its on the soundtrack for the movie...I don't know if its the actor rapping it or what...but it is on the soundtrack I think!! :laugh:

Archived