Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: Another NFL Player Arrested In Florida On Gun Charges

RiggoReincarnated

Chris Henry of the Bengals was also charged with aggrevated assault. Wonder how much impact this will have on the Sean Taylor trial. :mad:

month after he was picked up on a drug charge in Covington, Bengals rookie wide receiver Chris Henry has been arrested again, this time in Orlando, Florida, police tell 9News.

In this latest incident, Henry is charged with:

• Possession of a concealed firearm
  • Improper exhibition of a firearm
  • Aggravated assault with a firearm

According to an Orange County police report, Henry, 22, was with a group of people along a street along West Central Boulevard in Orlando early Saturday morning.

Henry's group was apparently arguing with another nearby group, and it looked like a fight was going to erupt, a police officer said.

He had stopped when he noticed a limo blocking traffic, according to the police report.

The officer says he told the groups to break it up, then saw Chris Henry pull a handgun from his waist area and point it at the other group.

When ordered to put the gun down, Henry froze and then moved toward the limo and threw the gun inside the car, the report stated.

The officer says he then grabbed Henry, pushed him to the ground and ordered everyone out of the limo.

Police recovered a 9mm Luger from the back of the limo. Henry denied having the weapon, police said.

As of 5:30 p.m. Monday, the Bengals had not released a statement about the arrest.

Henry's December arrest

In the early morning of December 15, 2005, Covington Police stopped Henry for speeding and smelled marijuana in his car.

Henry agreed to a body and vehicle search and that's when police found two baggies of marijuana in his left shoe.

Through his lawyer, Henry pleaded guilty Thursday to speeding and improper registration. Charges that he had no driver's license and insurance were dropped. The drug charges against him are still pending

Well, it's a bit different. Just had a prior on drug charges (although still pending may not be admissable), but a cop saw him told him to drop it and then they recovered it.

ST has a ''mystery'' gun somewhere.

I could see Henry really going for 3 yrs here.

I'm still praying ST gets off.

link please?

http://www.wcpo.com/news/2006/local/01/30/henry.html

In a way, I wonder if this will hurt or benefit Sean Taylors chances...because in comparison, the case against Taylor sounds really really weak...and if they are looking for a celebrity to make an example of in Florida, it seems like Henry has dug himself his own grave here.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/2006/local/01/30/henry.html

In a way, I wonder if this will hurt or benefit Sean Taylors chances...because in comparison, the case against Taylor sounds really really weak...and if they are looking for a celebrity to make an example of in Florida, it seems like Henry has dug himself his own grave here.

IIRC it is the DA who wanted to make a name for himself, not Flordia, which sucks because if it was as you said might've taken Henry and dropped STs case.

I know there are several WVU/Skins fans on this board (i being one of them). Anyone who followed Chris Henry in Morgantown will not be shocked or suprised by this occurence. This guys was 1st round talent whose attitude helped push him into the 3rd round. It got so bad his 2nd season in Morgantown that Coach Rodriguez didn't want him back. And amazing enough the Eers were better off without him! This is the same guy whose coach kicked him out of a game for flipping the bird to visiting students, he is a head case, I've posted it before, this is no suprise.

Just a note...Florida's new gun law is 10-20-LIFE...Chris Henry can get 10 years just for pointing that gun at someone, and that's over and above any other criminal charges stemming from that incident.

By comparison, Sean Taylor's case is WEAK...no cop saw him pull a gun and no gun was ever found...it's just a he said/she said case...ST has the $$$ and the lawyers...he's gonna walk...don't worry about ST...

Archived