Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I (also) Saw A Huge Penis Today! (bump from 2006)

zoony

Not sure if I've told the board yet but my wife and I are expecting... we got to do the ultrasound thing today and we are having a boy!

All seems to be well and healthy, which for me was the best news of all!

The world should have 1 more Redskins fan at the end of May. :cheers: All part of my master plan to breed the Titans fans out of this state. mwuahaha...

Not sure if I've told the board yet but my wife and I are expecting... we got to do the ultrasound thing today and we are having a boy!

All seems to be well and healthy, which for me was the best news of all!

The world should have 1 more Redskins fan at the end of May. :cheers: All part of my master plan to breed the Titans fans out of this state. mwuahaha...

Congrats...!!!

But let me warn you... I SUCKS having an infant.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm not going to lie, it's hard as hell and every day is a challenge.

I think I was pretty aware of that, but my wife wasn't and she has had a hard reality check.

I've made it my mission to be truthful to anyone who asks. I think it sucks how people tell you how great it is, then laugh after they see you so frustrated. WTF?? Why didn't they just say it was so hard from the get go.

Regardless... Congrats to you and your wife, it will suck, but it will be worth the effort someday... at least that's what they keep saying.... :paranoid:

Code has hit it on the head!! We have a 5 year old daughter and 19 month old son. She was a joy and did everything for us just perfectly. My son on the other hand has been a hellion. He has been into everything, will not listen and is a very picky eater.

But at the end of the day the love I see in those kids eyes more than makes up for anything else

Congrats...!!!

I think I was pretty aware of that, but my wife wasn't and she has had a hard reality check.

I've made it my mission to be truthful to anyone who asks. I think it sucks how people tell you how great it is, then laugh after they see you so frustrated. WTF?? Why didn't they just say it was so hard from the get go.

Regardless... Congrats to you and your wife, it will suck, but it will be worth the effort someday... at least that's what they keep saying.... :paranoid:

Funny you mention that. I think my wife is the same way... I really don't think she understands what it is going to be like. I don't either, of course... but I have no illusions. I'm sure I'll have some questions that I might hit you up on later. :)

Code has hit it on the head!!

ugh. :doh: Guess I should get the sleep now, eh?

Funny you mention that. I think my wife is the same way... I really don't think she understands what it is going to be like. I don't either, of course... but I have no illusions. I'm sure I'll have some questions that I might hit you up on later. :)

ugh. :doh: Guess I should get the sleep now, eh?

:laugh: :laugh:

Hit me up anytime.

You probably have the accurate expectations, the only thing I'll say that suprised me was that my son (he's 2 months old now) doesn't do as well with me as he does with my wife. She works at night and he gets really fussy with me, I honestly think an infant wants his mother sometimes and nothing less will do. I wasn't expecting that. My brother has had the same thing with both of his sons.

But my wife thought everything would be "peachy"... you should see her now... :laugh: :laugh:

It takes every bit of inner strength I have to remain calm sometimes... He has a particular scream, when he cries really bad, that pierces my ear and I can't take it.

I have to leave the room and put something in my ears. He frustrated me so bad one day I tossed his swing (he wasn't in it :paranoid: ) across the room... :laugh:

My brother has been a huge help, I really and truely got depressed for about a week, because he was so bad for me at night and I was getting too frustrated.

My brother assured me he has gone through the same thing. I was doubting my own parenting ability, but it's nice to know other people get just as frustrated.

All yea, I feel you brother. Had the 4D ultrasound in December and the lady doing it was like "well I really can't tell it's legs are crossed" then he opened them. She said " Wow! No mistaken that one." I was jumping up and down acting like a fool. His big sister needs someone to keep an eye on her when the boys come knocking. That way daddy don't go to jail. :D My little man is due 8 May, we'll have to send them to Art Monk football camp together. :applause:

Already made my mind up, just in case he's not a big kid, I'm going to have him start kicking a football at 2yrs old. :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh:

Hit me up anytime.

You probably have the accurate expectations, the only thing I'll say that suprised me was that my son (he's 2 months old now) doesn't do as well with me as he does with my wife. She works at night and he gets really fussy with me, I honestly think an infant wants his mother sometimes and nothing less will do. I wasn't expecting that. My brother has had the same thing with both of his sons.

But my wife thought everything would be "peachy"... you should see her now... :laugh: :laugh:

It takes every bit of inner strength I have to remain calm sometimes... He has a particular scream, when he cries really bad, that pierces my ear and I can't take it.

I have to leave the room and put something in my ears. He frustrated me so bad one day I tossed his swing (he wasn't in it :paranoid: ) across the room... :laugh:

My brother has been a huge help, I really and truely got depressed for about a week, because he was so bad for me at night and I was getting too frustrated.

My brother assured me he has gone through the same thing. I was doubting my own parenting ability, but it's nice to know other people get just as frustrated.

You're a child abuser :laugh:

My little guy (4.5 months) is pretty good. I can't complain... but there are times when he's a little bastige. My saving grace is I don't mind listening to him cry.... but it drives my wife insane.

Congrat Zoony. A lot of work. My wife and I waited until I was 31 and she was 29. I don't know how these young kids do it (actually, most can't, that's why the youth are so out of control now). I'm older now with more patience and understanding... and it's still tough at times.

I've got a three month-old, as well as a 6 and a 4 year-old.

Having a baby is a life-changer. No doubt about it.

Accept that you will not sleep much until your kids are 18 and you'll be fine. I'm not even joking. Parents don't get a lot of sleep. Fact of life. Get over it now.

First kids are the toughest, because you can't stand to hear your baby cry. As you have more kids you learn to not panic when they are screaming. A baby that's crying isn't seconds from certain death or anything. Sometimes you can let him cry for a few minutes while you deal with something else. Sometimes you have no choice. It's ok.

In my experience babies cry for one of three reasons (even when they are 6 and 4 years old): Tired, hungry or wet. It's amazing how often you'll forget one of them (usually because of lack of sleep :)). "I don't get it. He had a bottle. he just woke up. What's wrong?" But 99% of the time it's one of those three. If it's not, the kid's got an ear infection. :)

Anyway, it's all worth it. There's my nickel's worth of free advice. :)

And Congrats!

Congrats...!!!

My daughter was effortless, slept through the night from about 1 month on, hardly ever cried, easy, easy, easy. Lightning don't strike twice, I'm scared to death this one's going to be hell! Oh well the price you have to pay to keep the gene pool going.

I've got a short fuse and there have been times I've thought I was going to explode, like when she grabbed the crap filled diaper last week when I turned to get a baby wipe, oh yea I was pissed. :applause: It's far from easy but the joy they bring out ways the bad 10X.

congrats zooney and ZoEd!!!

the advice here is sound. little ones do test the last nerve of the best parents. what they do to test that nerve changes as they age and hopefully stops when they've left the house, but i have my doubts about that.

i'll disagree with henry that the first babies are the toughest. when you have one kid, he/she is the main focus and you can deal with the issues as they come. when you have two or more, the issues of the baby always coincide with the issues of the siblings. i mandated (via the big snip) that we stop at two so that we can still play man-to-man instead of falling into a zone defense.

another bit of advice, do not, do not, do not have the baby sleep in the same room as you do. you'll hear em fine over the monitor or through the walls if something serious is going on. if they're in the room with you, you'll be awakened by every minor "wake-up" that they can get themselves through. my wife and i also instituted a 5 minute rule for crying. we let our kids cry (at bedtime/night) for 5 minutes before checking on them. if they quieted down in 5 minutes and then start crying again, we went for another 5 minutes. a caveat to that is that you can tell which cries are serious. a serious cry (injury) was obviously checked on right away.

Archived