Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This kid sounds like a perfect fit for our defense.

ktball74

Do any USC or west coast fans know anything about this kid?

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2006/prospects/frostee_rucker.html

Do any USC or west coast fans know anything about this kid?

Frostee Rucker DE 6’3 260 USC

By: Robert Davis

Frostee Rucker began his career at Colorado St. but transferred to USC after his freshman season. In his first two seasons at USC, he totaled 55 tackles, 11.5 for loss, and four sacks. As a senior, he matched those numbers. For the year he had 51 tackles, 12 for loss, and 6.5 sacks.

Rucker makes his presence felt all over the field. He is a good athlete, and shows the ability to beat the tackle off the snap to get into the backfield. Rucker is very active, and will make plays as both a pass rusher and run stopper. He has an infectious attitude and players rally around him.

Frostee is the epitome of a tweener. He lacks the bulk and strength to be an everydown end, and lacks the closing speed to play off the line. He can be completely taken out of the running game if he does not beat the tackle off the line because he simply is not strong enough. Even though he gets consistent penetration, Rucker lacks the closing speed to be a dominant playmaker.

Frostee Rucker has been a key member of USC’s successful title runs recently. He does not put up eye-popping stats, but his ability to consistently get into the backfield has disrupted opponents. His upside is very limited, but he is a guy who could be a solid back up at the next level. His attitude is an asset, as he keeps things light, but turns up the intensity on the field, and gets his teammates to step up as well. With a good workout, Rucker could be an early second day selection.

Frostee was the #1 DE for USC last year and the one of the defensive players that benefited most from playing with an offense that made their opponents pass more than run.

He is known as a bull rusher to the QB first and foremost and the knock on him is that you can run on him if he is sent to rush the QB first and foremost and that you can take him out of a play by angling him away from the QB due to his approach.

Nothing that isnt correctable but definately worth looking at as a 2nd day or even a late 1st day pick depending on his workout

Frostee was the #1 DE for USC last year and the one of the defensive players that benefited most from playing with an offense that made their opponents pass more than run.

He is known as a bull rusher to the QB first and foremost and the knock on him is that you can run on him if he is sent to rush the QB first and foremost and that you can take him out of a play by angling him away from the QB due to his approach.

Nothing that isnt correctable but definately worth looking at as a 2nd day or even a late 1st day pick depending on his workout

Thanks Oldskool! That's what I wanted to know from someone with USC knowledge.

I mean seriously, were his parents at Wendy's when naming the kid? Thank god his last name wasnt "Thesnoman" then it would have been obvious his parents were being pricks when they named him. Frostee........ Im gonna name my kid Slurpee.

Id pick him up as a project though.

He doesn't fit within the Redskins defensive scheme. You can forget about him...

The Redskins have brought in Daniels, Evans, and Nic Clemons to play DE since Williams took over the defense.

When Williams was with Buffalo they drafted Chris Kelsay, Ryan Denney, and Aaron Schobel. One thing about all those ends is that they weren't dynamic pass rushers, they were solid two-way DEs...

Just keep that in mind when you are talking about what DEs the Skins are gonna go after. I know everyone here wants that pass rusher, but the Skins aren't gonna bring one in who can't play LB a la Chris Clemons, and so I wouldn't expect guys like Tapp, Dumervil, or this guy here, Rucker, to be Redskins next year...

One name everyone should keep an eye on is Julian Jenkins...

I watched almost all USC's games, he won't be around for us to draft, but if we move up, I would love if we took him

He won't be drafted before our pick. He's a classic tweener. I watched him in some of USC's games, and he always seemed to make his presence known. I like the fact that Carroll coached him, so you know he'll transition well to the pros. (See Tatupu, Polamalu, Patterson, etc.)

Any relation to the great DE Mike Rucker of Carolina? If he is, please get him.

No relation.

He doesn't fit within the Redskins defensive scheme. You can forget about him...

The Redskins have brought in Daniels, Evans, and Nic Clemons to play DE since Williams took over the defense.

When Williams was with Buffalo they drafted Chris Kelsay, Ryan Denney, and Aaron Schobel. One thing about all those ends is that they weren't dynamic pass rushers, they were solid two-way DEs...

Your post doesnt make sense. This is a kid that had over 50 tackles each of the lst 3 years, and has the size to be a tweener ala Renaldo Wynn.

Rucker will not be a dynamic pass rusher at the NFL level, thats what is making him a late 1st/2nd day selection.

He's a DE that will get you 15-20+ tackles and 5-10 sacks a year.

Your post doesnt make sense. This is a kid that had over 50 tackles each of the lst 3 years, and has the size to be a tweener ala Renaldo Wynn.

How do you define tweener? My understanding of the term in the context in which you're using it is a player that is not big enough to play DE and not quick enough (mostly due to size) to play LB. Wynn is listed as 6-3 292, he's a pretty big boy and I have a tough time envisioning him as a LB. In my opinion I would certainly not classify him as a tweener.

How do you define tweener? My understanding of the term in the context in which you're using it is a player that is not big enough to play DE and not quick enough (mostly due to size) to play LB. Wynn is listed as 6-3 292, he's a pretty big boy. In my opinion I would certainly not classify him as a tweener.

How big was Wynn when he came into the league?

Remember that Rucker is 22 and wont be 23 until the beginning of the NFL season. He's still a manchild. As he grows into his frame and gets into an NFL weight room, he'll gain 15-20 muscle easily.

Frostee Rucker began his career at Colorado St. but transferred to USC after his freshman season. In his first two seasons at USC, he totaled 55 tackles, 11.5 for loss, and four sacks. As a senior, he matched those numbers. For the year he had 51 tackles, 12 for loss, and 6.5 sacks.

I believe it reads that he had 55tkls 4sack in his sophmore and junior seasons combined. and 55 tkls 6.5 sks in his senior season

Rucker will not be a dynamic pass rusher at the NFL level, thats what is making him a late 1st/2nd day selection.

He's a DE that will get you 15-20+ tackles and 5-10 sacks a year.

Wynn a tweener??? He's almost 300 lbs. This dude is only 260. The only other position I've heard Wynn playing was DT, not LB, which is not a position you want a 260 lbs guy playing.

Wynn a tweener??? He's almost 300 lbs. This dude is only 260. The only other position I've heard Wynn playing was DT, not LB, which is not a position you want a 260 lbs guy playing.

I know and it's impossible for Rucker to put on any weight isn't it? I guess he's stuck at 260 lbs for the rest of his life---

Wynn hasnt always been at close to 300lbs. When he was at Jax and more of a rusher than a 3rd DT like we use him now, he ranged in the 270-285 range.

If you were going to take this kid in the 3rd-4th, why not take Tapp in the 2nd?

Tapp is bigger than him and TWICE the player. Now, if you miss out on Tapp, Frostee isn't a horrible fallback plan, but I agree that Julian Jenkins seems more our style.

If you were going to take this kid in the 3rd-4th, why not take Tapp in the 2nd?

Tapp is bigger than him and TWICE the player. Now, if you miss out on Tapp, Frostee isn't a horrible fallback plan, but I agree that Julian Jenkins seems more our style.

Tapp has horrid knocks against him that make him worthless for us as a 2nd round or even a 3rd round pick. He's a tweener, but not a DT/DE tweener, more of a DE/LB tweener.

At 268 pounds, Tapp is smaller than most teams want their defensive ends to be. His smaller frame lends concerns that he won't be able to hold up the point of attack as well in the NFL, and that he'll get swallowed up by NFL OTs, which would make him a liability against the run.

Overview:

If Tapp can continue the steady improvement that he's shown the past few years, he could be something special in the NFL, if only as a passing-downs guy and special teamer, like the Colts' Robert Mathis. Teams adjusting to the 3-4 may look at him as a guy to convert into a 3-4 OLB, as he has shown ample coverage skills in the zone blitzes that VT tends to use.

Archived