Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowgirls hire Chris Palmer

andyburd

This is great news . This guy has done nothing but have terrible offenses everywhere he has been. Most of the teams he has been with have given up record amounts of sacks. Way to go Parcells, great move. I can't wait to sack Bledsoe another seven times a game.

This is great news . This guy has done nothing but have terrible offenses everywhere he has been. Most of the teams he has been with have given up record amounts of sacks. Way to go Parcells, great move. I can't wait to sack Bledsoe another seven times a game.

Actually in his 3 years as O Coordinator of the Jaguars he had the #3, #7 and #11 ranked Offense

Cleveland as head coach of expansion team not much can be expected

2004 with the texan O ranked 15th and Carr had the fewest sacks of his career.

2005 Texans offense can not be blamed on him considering he was only there for 2 games

Actually in his 3 years as O Coordinator of the Jaguars he had the #3, #7 and #11 ranked Offense

2005 Texans offense can not be blamed on him considering he was only there for 2 games

Why was he only in Houston for two games in 2005?

And, tell me who you deem to have hired the better offensive mind. Us with Saunders or you with Palmer :).

And, tell me who you deem to have hired the better offensive mind. Us with Saunders or you with Palmer :).

Part two is easy.

Part one, though, is because he got an unfair shake. Firing a coach after two games is a mistake in almost any situation. The Texans' results verify this.

blah, blah, blah...

bottom line

Al Saunders > Chris Palmer

Chris Palmer is the poor man's Norv Turner (O Coordinator speaking). And that is not saying much. While Sauders was putting together the best O over the past five years, Palmer was moving around from one offensive mistake to another. It is hard to find anything good about his coaching job in Houston. Sauders can coach this guy into a cardboard box without Palmer realizing he is no longer sitting in his office.

Palmer was decent in Jacksonville and worked with Parcells in New England...can't really put all of the blame on him when it comes to his last two positions.

A coordinator is only as good as the talent the head coach puts on the field. Put Al Saunders on the Cleveland sideline or Texan's sideline and you have the same thing. A lot of young players surrounded by stop gap players which results in a struggling offense.

Al Saunders is the better coach, but he sure did have a lot of talent to work with in Kansas City. Still, it was a great hire by the Redskins.

All in all...I'm glad the Cowboys went out and got Palmer instead of letting Tony Sporano take over. That would have been much, much worse.

Being in J'ville and seeing this guy we can be rest assure that the boys will not be a potent O for the forseeable future. Palmer is NOTHING to be concerned about IMO. Just wait and see.

Since when has Parcells ever cared about a potent offense? His whole philosophy is built on running the ball and strong defense. Chances are that Palmer won't even be labeled as the offensive coordinator, but probably something along the lines of passing game/quarterbacks coach.

No matter who is on the sideline next to Parcells, the outcome will be the same. A run first approach and a reliance on strong defensive play.

Yeah he was scapegoated after 2 games, notice the whole staff is gone now.

I wont dignify the rest of your post with a responce because its a nonsensical question.

Palmer was brought in as a QB coach not OC. Saunders was brought in to run the Redskins O because gibbs needed help. Parcells doesn't

Archived