Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Writer calls Favre a Bold Face Liar and Attention Hog

EliteProducer

here is a portion of what this guy Robert Littal says about Favre..Do you agree or disagree? here is the link to read the entire thing that he said about favre.

http://www.blacksportsonline.com

Stop Lying 1-30-06

Brett Favre needs to quit lying. I saw his

interview on ESPN last night and one thing came

to my mind. He is trying to figure a way out

of Green Bay without looking like the bad guy.

It is not my place to tell Favre when to retire,

but enough already, this has been going on for 3

years now. Of course no one is bold enough to go

on record to criticize "God" Favre, but this

retirement dance he has been doing just cries out

for someone who is dying for worship like attention. The fact that the interview was done right at the start of Super Bowl week tells me that Favre enjoys the spotlight too much to quit, but is dying for a way to get out of the horrible situation in Green Bay. Favre if you are reading this because I know you love my columns so much, man up tell the Packers to trade you to Miami, Dallas, New York or wherever the hell you want to go, but please stop insulting the intelligence of the non-worshipers.

It isn't as if Favre has been holding press conferences on a daily basis talking about his thoughts. The people in the media are the ones who keep making this an issue. When he has made up his mind, I'm sure he'll say so. It's almost as if the media is obsessed with Farvre, not the other way around.

It isn't as if Favre has been holding press conferences on a daily basis talking about his thoughts. The people in the media are the ones who keep making this an issue. When he has made up his mind, I'm sure he'll say so. It's almost as if the media is obsessed with Farvre, not the other way around.

I mostly agree with this, but his most recent comment to Ted Thompson about releasing him if they don't want to have someone like him holding things up does sound a little bit like an angle to get released so that he can join a contender. I believe it would be hard for him to join another team because most teams don't want a QB that may only be there for a year or more, but every offseason will have to put up with the is he or isn't he coming back issues.

Favre has been -- at best -- mediocre for the past two, if not three years. If he's so torn about playing as he's been saying since 2002, he should just hang it up before we all forget just how good he was in his prime.
How quickly people forget.

2004: 4000+yds and 30TDs 17ints 92.4 QB rating

2003: 3300+yds and 32TDs 21ints 90.4 QB rating

pretty mediocre...

If Favre still wants to play that's his business. If you forget after 1 bad season on a terrible team, then your not gonna remember anyway. Plenty of teams would love to steal Favre away and go on a SB run.

In both those years he killed the packers in the playoffs with horrible picks. And last year he was atrocious. Yeah, his team suffered some injuries but that doesn't account for the horrible decisions he kept making. He's like an older version of Aaron Brooks right now.

In both those years he killed the packers in the playoffs with horrible picks. And last year he was atrocious. Yeah, his team suffered some injuries but that doesn't account for the horrible decisions he kept making. He's like an older version of Aaron Brooks right now.

You can question his decision making but that's the type of player he is. He's a gunslinger, always has been and always will. You can say those int's killed his team, but a lot of those risky throws have resulted in big plays for the Pack. He doesn't try to be Mark Brunell and do the bear minimum and play mistake-free football. He's going to go for the long ball and try to hit a home run, even if he strikes out every now and then,

That doesn't substantiate the claim that he was mediocre in '03 and '04. One bad game in the playoffs = mediocre since when? He was, overall, very good those two seasons and made Pro Bowls. Mediocre quarterbacks, Aaron Brooks included, don't have 90+ QB ratings with 30 TDs.

I agree that he should retire, though, and the Favre media lovefest is sickening. I like Favre, which is why I'd hate to see him continue playing until he has a really awful season that taints his legacy. (Although he basically did that this year.)

SOME injuries....they were down to like their 4th or 5th RB and the same with their WR's, granted he made some mistakes but it's bound to happen when your the only one out there capable of doing anything

Archived