Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Clayton: Jerry Gray hired by Redskins

bubba9497

I recall when springs went down in denver,jimoh came in and took over as our #1 corner. The broncos immediately tried to go after him. Plummer threw a 40+ yard pass to Ashley lelie who is 6'3 and runs in the 4.3 range and has had two 1000 yard seasons. Jimoh broke up the pass nicey.

Jimoh was toast in the pre-season,but I believe he has made some improvements,I see him right now as a good dime corner,and if he continues to improve a solid nickle corner.

I agree... Jimoh had his best year and made a ton of plays some of which were game saving. Each and every corner gets toasted from time to time and Jimoh is no exception. The way he's improved his play over the years gives hope that he hasn't quite peaked yet. The guy has potential, he's become more confident and is an absolute beast on Special Teams...

Why do people believe that Gray will automatically become our next DC when GW becomes HC? I agree that he may be considered ... but I think as of right now, Greg Blache would probably be given the nod considering he has been working very closely with Williams for the past 2 years and was the DC of Chicago for a number of years. Additionally, Blache has passed on several opportunities to interview for DC positions over the past 2 years. I figure he has been passing on other jobs because he figures to be the next D-Coord in DC.

I agree... Jimoh had his best year and made a ton of plays some of which were game saving. Each and every corner gets toasted from time to time and Jimoh is no exception. The way he's improved his play over the years gives hope that he hasn't quite peaked yet. The guy has potential, he's become more confident and is an absolute beast on Special Teams...

Right on brother.

Jimoh has improved dramatically, incredibly, over the past season as a corner, and his hits on special teams are consistent highlight material!

It seems he's taken his game to a whole other level, he's so much more confident now. I think Gregg Williams has had a lot to do with that. Gregg Williams never gave up on him.

Jerry Gray coming on board will only make Jimoh's progress that much more dramatic this year. Who knows, we may have already found a replacement for the nickel-back over Walt Harris.

Isn't Jimoh an UFA also?

I wouldn't dismiss us pursuing Clements just yet we are known for paying other peoples free agents and Nate could return to a system he is familiar with get a decent signing bonus and could have a decent size roster bonus in year 2 or 3 that he knows can be coverted to additional signing bonus money if he performs at a certain level.

Then again There are teams like the raiduhs who may throw stupid money his way if they decide to not franchise or resign Woodson

I wish we would have kept Garnell Wilds. Jimoh will be decent with another season or two under him. Jimoh, much like Rock is a player I hope we can reatin by a special teams paycheck alone. niether is anything special alone, but are quality depth to our line up and make our backups incredably solid.

Gray picks Redskins: Former Bills defensive coordinator Jerry Gray turned down position coaching offers from two teams and decided to take over as secondary coach for the Redskins. In Washington, he will reunite with his old boss, former Bills coach Gregg Williams. Gray was frustrated that he didn't do enough to get a head coaching offer, or even get an opportunity to be a defensive coordinator. But the money's good with the Redskins, and so is the team.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=clayton_john#20060129

Dan....i love you...(not really but still)

Its good to see Coaches WANTING to come here for once, hopfully the players are the same.

The reason Snyder is such a good owner is because he listens to his football people and provides them what they ask for. He has done this going on FIVE years now. It's a shame some people are just recognizing it and claiming the jury is still out on him. No, it's not.

If Joe Gibbs fails, or Saunders fails, or Williams does, or Gray does, it's not Snyder's fault for listening to his football people and giving them what they asked for, just like it wasn't his fault "cheap and available" was what Spurrier wanted, got and failed with. The owner provides what the football people convince him is necessary to have. If they are wrong it's on them, not the owner who listens.

This is why Snyder is such a great owner.

Taking a "quality" step back is not always a bad thing. I really think Gray is looking at the fact that spending a year or two around Gregg Williams will help get his foot squarely back in the door for DC positions and maybe a HC spot down the road.

Taking a "quality" step back is not always a bad thing. I really think Gray is looking at the fact that spending a year or two around Gregg Williams will help get his foot squarely back in the door for DC positions and maybe a HC spot down the road.

and Joe Gibbs

plus if the Skins do make a Super Bowl run their value becomes even greater :D

sweet, how many bigtime coaches can you have...hope it doens't backfire

I don't see Gray backfiring at all. He's worked under Williams a number of years, so I'm sure he'll be comfortable here. Besides, how often do you get to coach Sean Taylor and Carlos Rogers?

Archived