Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some info about Kyle Vanden Bosch

ImmortalDragon

I would really love to have this guy on the team. Heres an excerpt from an article that mentioned him.

The Titans are trying to lock up LE Kyle Vanden Bosch before he becomes a free agent in March and appear to be making progress. Vanden Bosch played way beyond the team's expectations after signing a one-year deal. Coaches thought they would be lucky if Vanden Bosch, who had a history of injuries, played 50 percent of the snaps. Instead, he played close to 95 percent of the snaps--more than any defensive lineman in coach Jeff Fisher's 12-year tenure with the team. Vanden Bosch didn't tire and never wanted to come off the field. What's more, he played every snap with high energy. . . .

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=insidedishbrownscouldgiv&prov=tsn&type=lgns

The Titans are currently $10 Million over the cap and Steve McNair wants to come back. His current contract calls for a 2006 salary of $9 Million. While I do not expect him to see but a fraction of that, if anything, the Titans simply don'y have cap room to sign Vanden Bosch.

As a FA who played for the minimum $455,000 in 2005, he's likely to be looking for a large, and I mean LARGE, signing bonus. Unfortunately for him, he has large, and I mean LARGE, injury concerns.

I've been on this guy's bandwagon since I found out he was a FA. He's always played well against the run (important to Blache) and this year he had a break out season with 12.5 sacks.

I think he'd be an outstanding addition to this team, and would allow us time to develop a rookie should we select a DE with our second rounder.

I think he was playing for a contract. I'd be weary of a guy who's history is of being oft-injured who comes on to put his best season togther... the last year of his contract.

I like Kampman, but a FA pickup might be risky. How about Evans and CLemons (in situations) and a kid we draft on the first day.

I think he was playing for a contract. I'd be weary of a guy who's history is of being oft-injured who comes on to put his best season togther... the last year of his contract.

Did I hear someone mention Dana Stubblefield, Defensive Player of the Year, one year and Stiff of the Century, the next year??? :)

van den bosch to me seems like he is going to be a one hit wonder this year. i think he will have some more good years with like 5-7 sacks but not another year like this year. i'm sticking with the notion that Kampman is our man. He fits greg williams system better as he is a good pass rusher who can also stuff the run, has a great motor, and never gives up on a play.

Vanden Bosch is a 3-4 end so I doubt he'd have the burst we are seeking as a pass rusher. I don't think he fits our scheme.

Wow, you just justified your screen-name. LOL!

Two things. One, this defense values run stopping ability over rushing the passer at the DE position, so the pass rushing burst commment is not in keeping with what our actual scheme is. Two, if we were looking for a pass rusher, Vanden Bosch has shown more ability to get to the QB this past year than anyone we've had here in DC in how many years? Hint, it's been a while.

Archived