Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Super Bowl Saturday?

BlitzFiftySix

Guys, please dont flame me or threaten to ban me this is merely a thought that I had earlier this afternoon.

Wouldn't it be better for the Super Bowl to be played on a Saturday evening rather than a Sunday?

Think about it, how many of us have or go to SB parties that last until midnight on Sunday night? Dont you agree it sucks to have to go to work on Monday with a hangover. Wouldn't it be more enjoyable to be able to continue on through the wee hours of the am following the big game?

Just a thought.....

i think we should have a "superbowl week" from monday to friday ppl are free to miss work and school and party all they want...then on Sat....the game...then sunday for rest and the losers to be depressed

You, young man, will grow up to lead this great nation. Thirty years in advance, allow me to say...you have my vote!

:cheers:

this problem could be fixed if they would just show it earlier on Sunday instead of so late. maybe 1pm? 3pm ? but 6-7pm is just to late when most people have to work the next day. especially since the Superbowl lasts longer than normal games due to commercials, half-time, pregame, post game. its an all day event that starts to late in the day.

too bad i'm not a man :laugh: maybe i'll be the first female president

:doh:

Sadly, this is not the first time I've found myself in precisely the same situation on this site. Please accept my apology, and forgive my chauvanistic attitude that any person on a football site with a non-gender-specific nickname must be male.

Oh well. So much for gettin' a cabinet position, eh Madam President?

If they could get advertisers to shell out more money for a Satruday evening game it would be something they would have to consider. A major factor against it is it would be one less day for the host city.

I dont' think tradition would come into play. I remember a time when the first game of the season was played on a Sunday.

Guys, please dont flame me or threaten to ban me this is merely a thought that I had earlier this afternoon.

Wouldn't it be better for the Super Bowl to be played on a Saturday evening rather than a Sunday?

Think about it, how many of us have or go to SB parties that last until midnight on Sunday night? Dont you agree it sucks to have to go to work on Monday with a hangover. Wouldn't it be more enjoyable to be able to continue on through the wee hours of the am following the big game?

Just a thought.....

Dude... that's what fake dead relatives are for. I've had 4 uncles die after SB Sunday (I don't have any uncles so I can't jinx anyone).

:doh:

Sadly, this is not the first time I've found myself in precisely the same situation on this site. Please accept my apology, and forgive my chauvanistic attitude that any person on a football site with a non-gender-specific nickname must be male.

Oh well. So much for gettin' a cabinet position, eh Madam President?

lol it's all good...no need to apologize.......i actually prefer ppl thinking i'm a guy on football boards :rolleyes: b/c well most guys tend to be sexist when it comes to sports and if ppl knew i was not a male they don't respect my posts as much and just say stuff like ur a girl u wouldn't know.....so i let ppl call me dude and stuff but since u actually said young man...i though it would be lying if i just went along with it so......:laugh:

Just a thought.....

That's why I take the Monday after as a vacation day.:cheers:

To recover.

Saturday would actually work out better for me, but you know how it is:

Sundays are for Football.

Hail!:point2sky

dougwilliams.JPG

I guess I'm going to be the "Lone Rainer" on this parade :laugh:

Way more people work on Saturdays than Sundays. Particularly in the demographics that the advertisers are trying to reach.

And I'll confess that most of my life I've been one of those Saturday workers, even in different professions, so I have to vote "no." :(

(grabs my fiddle and climbs on the roof and sings tradition)

Somehow Superbowl Saturday doen't have the ring Superbowl Sunday has.

You make a strong case for saturday, but Saturday night is for the Superbowl parties in the host city. Actually the parties run all week so why not Saturday? I know for San Diego we started moving our equipment to the Stadium in early January and it took us most of the month to get everything there and set up. Its a long drive from Orlando to San Diego, and if I never drive across Texas again I would be happy. From a logistics point, Saturday would be the same as Sunday you would just start setting up a day earlier.

I do wonder about the Hotels and restrurants and bars, since most are filled for 8 days, people arriving the Saturday before and leaving the next monday. I would imagine the economic impact of having the Superbowl week 1 day shorter could be concidered.

One thing that used to amaze me at the Superbowl was the number of people who would come to town without tickets, and just hang out, and watch the games in the bars around the stadium.

Archived