Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who are the Redskins highest paid players

BrunellSuperbowl

Lavar has to be the biggest over paid person on the list!!!Ouch!!!I can see why Lavar wants to give back some money to the skins,hell if he gives back two millon, he is still going to make ten millon this year and can stay a skin!!!

That honor belongs to Brunnell. Hopefully Lavar will adjust though.

LaVar Arrington 12.046

Chris Samuels 10.218

Jon Jansen 5.603

Shawn Springs 5.558

Clinton Portis 5.476

Mark Brunell 5.433

Marcus Washington 5.167

Randy Thomas 4.912

Cornelius Griffin 4.883

Sean Taylor 4.691

Santana Moss 4.26

Renaldo Wynn 3.453

Casey Rabach 3.145

Patrick Ramsey 2.882

Walt Harris 2.75

Brandon Noble 2.63

Phillip Daniels 2.6

David Patten 2.447

Matt Bowen 2.4

Carlos Rogers 2.297

So these are the guys on the roster that have a cap hit of over $2M in 2006.

There are the usual suspects that stick out here but, off hand, I'm not sure if we can live easily without any of these guys with the exception of Noble, Bowen, Patten, and possibly Ramsey.

Obviously restructuring, assuing an extension of the CBA, will be an option.

MB with a cap number of $5.4M? I'll say we are better with him than without him. But at that figure????? Where do you draw the line?

Stream of conciousness.........

WE must restructure CHris SAmuel's contract. He is not that good. Also, Brunell's contract might be the worst contract i have ever seen. Signing a 33 year old man to a seven year deal does not make sense. ALso, there is zero chance that Vernon DAvis will still be there even if we draft up.

Don't worry about Brunell, he will re-structure. He and Randy have the highest base salaries on the team, they will both re-structure.]

Unfortunately we can't do much about Lavar, Samuels, Jansen, Springs, Clinton and Marcus. All their money this year is in bonuses.

Don't worry about Brunell, he will re-structure. He and Randy have the highest base salaries on the team, they will both re-structure.]

Unfortunately we can't do much about Lavar, Samuels, Jansen, Springs, Clinton and Marcus. All their money this year is in bonuses.

They can reterm Lavars bonus from I believe a roster to a signing bonus and pro-rate over the life of his contract. It will still be a big hit, but I have a feeling you might see it done.

no way the Redskins should draft anybody other then Vernon Davis. No physical freaks on the offense. Cooley is a solid h back/ fullback but not a downfeild guy that can post people up in the air

and how do you suspect we are going to get the high 1st round pick considering we don't have a 1st rounder this year.

I'm not sure why you feel this way considering we have other options that are higher priority than a tight end.

We have a glaring need at Defensive End and Wide Receivers. We also should acquire another cornerback, but may wait till '07 to address this need. Tight End is not a glaring need and we drafted Neimiah Broughton this passed year and he will be our fullback in the future.

LaVar Arrington 12.046

Chris Samuels 10.218

Jon Jansen 5.603

Shawn Springs 5.558

Clinton Portis 5.476

Mark Brunell 5.433

Marcus Washington 5.167

Randy Thomas 4.912

Cornelius Griffin 4.883

Sean Taylor 4.691

Santana Moss 4.26

Renaldo Wynn 3.453

Casey Rabach 3.145

Patrick Ramsey 2.882

Walt Harris 2.75

Brandon Noble 2.63

Phillip Daniels 2.6

David Patten 2.447

Matt Bowen 2.4

Carlos Rogers 2.297

There are the usual suspects that stick out here but, off hand, I'm not sure if we can live easily without any of these guys with the exception of Noble, Bowen, Patten, and possibly Ramsey.

MB with a cap number of $5.4M? I'll say we are better with him than without him. But at that figure????? Where do you draw the line?

Why is Shawn Springs getting paid so much, and Chris Samuels? Are they truly worth that kind of money? Same as Brunell.

LaVar Arrington 12.046

Chris Samuels 10.218

Jon Jansen 5.603

Shawn Springs 5.558

Clinton Portis 5.476

Mark Brunell 5.433

Marcus Washington 5.167

Randy Thomas 4.912

Cornelius Griffin 4.883

Sean Taylor 4.691

Santana Moss 4.26

Renaldo Wynn 3.453

Casey Rabach 3.145

Patrick Ramsey 2.882

Walt Harris 2.75

Brandon Noble 2.63

Phillip Daniels 2.6

David Patten 2.447

Matt Bowen 2.4

Carlos Rogers 2.297

I would cut Noble, Patten, Harris, Brunell then restructure everyone else to a $1 million salary. Do they really need to be making any more then that?

LaVar Arrington 12.046

Chris Samuels 10.218

Jon Jansen 5.603

Shawn Springs 5.558

Clinton Portis 5.476

Mark Brunell 5.433

Marcus Washington 5.167

Randy Thomas 4.912

Cornelius Griffin 4.883

Sean Taylor 4.691

Santana Moss 4.26

Renaldo Wynn 3.453

Casey Rabach 3.145

Patrick Ramsey 2.882

Walt Harris 2.75

Brandon Noble 2.63

Phillip Daniels 2.6

David Patten 2.447

Matt Bowen 2.4

Carlos Rogers 2.297

Looks like some people aren't worth what they are getting.

I still think it is possible for the skins to take those bonuses and spread them over a couple of years in order to lessen their 2006 cap hit. Or maybe, Snyder can move all the bonuses to the uncapped year in '07! Yes that would work!

Archived