Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When did you Rebelieve again?

SkinFan63

Sounds like a fair weather fan to me.

How can you stop believing in the team you love?!?!

All those years of losing and I never stopped believing. Dissapoinment and heart break, but never did I stop believing.

And how on earth could you give up on a MNF game against the cowpies?

Fair weather!

I FU@#$NG HATE THE COWBOYS!

Yeah tough guy, I'm sure you were making your Superbowl plans when Sage Rosenfels was at QB.:rolleyes:

I had confidence in them when Gibbs returned, but then I started to have my doubts after year one with all of the horrible, close losses. When we beat Dallas, I started to believe again. When they hit 3-0, I really felt good. My confidence began waning a bit with the losses to the Raiders and Chargers, but I didn't doubt that the Skins could easily run the table, and they did me proud.

I think it's wrong to chastise people for having their doubts before Gibbs returned. Was there any reason to believe that they could do much in the post-Gibbs era, especially under Spurrier? It's hard to believe in a team that finishes mediocre at best for nearly 15 straight seasons. Redskins nation really needed this season.

:point2sky :logo:

Always have beleived in the 'Skins.

I took this thread to mean, when did you rebelieve that we'd have a playoff season?

The first year for Gibbs in the 80's, he lost his first 5 games, then ended it 8-8. Asking Gibbs to walk in and the team would magically revert to form on the first year was not realistic, so I did not expect a playoff run.

This year, I was very hopeful but had to watch the team to know for sure, and the first game at Chicago convinced me we were making the playoffs.

Calm down there pumpkin! To begin with, rebelieve is not a word. You don't rebelieve, my friend, you believe or you believe again. I read your thread and appreciate your devotion to the skins. I love to hear that but I can't understand how anyone can turn a Redskins game off, even if there are other life issues involved (maybe a child being born, or a death in the family or a broken arm). So when I hear someone tell me they turn the game off 'cause they need to sleep, well I question that every time.

Ok there Clutch Cargo.

Really, Rebelieve isn't a word? Really?????

Oh did I forget to mention I had a vhs tape in the vcr and was taping it to watch the rest the next day?

Must have.

Question what ever you like.

And last time I checked.......we aren't friends.

Hail!:point2sky

Even lit a replica Cowpie helmet on fire and threw it in the end zone after the final whistle.

That was sweeeeeet!

I have it on video somewhere. (In my closet, top shelf, to the left)

Dude, you inspired my "Cowboys Suck" tattoo. I was sitting in Damon's in Springfield with an ex-girlfriend who was a Cowpies fan. I was surrounded by Cowpuke fans & I saw that helmet being held up in the stands on fire & I stood up (like the Dolphins fan in that Jets bar in the Southwest Airlines commercial) & screamed, "BURN, BABY, BURN!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!" I went to a tattoo parlor some time later & got the star on fire with Cowboys Suck underneath it. Thank you! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

BTW, I also have it on video, somewhere (in the entertainment shelf, third from the left, next to Star Wars).

can't say i ever stopped believing....

This is the answer I would give as well. I never really stopped believing. I have always believed that they were capable, & hoping that they were lucky enough to win enough games to make it to the next level to go all the way. I always believe. Always.

:point2sky

I never stopped believing. I have an Olan Mills photo with my first son after we beat the Bills. The photo is filled with Skins "stuff". I always told him and my other 2 sons that the Skins will be back. Well, now they're back. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!!

Yeah, Had to be at work at 3:45am the next day.

But I did tape it.

As for what's-his-name who said "exactly"......

If you say so!

Hail!:point2sky

dougwilliams.JPG

Listen, maybe we got off on the wrong foot. We are Redskin fans so that is what is most important!!!

Just because you make up words and are a fair weather fan because you go to sleep during important games doesn't mean we should not be able to get along.

Archived