Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When did you Rebelieve again?

SkinFan63

Washington 14 Dallas 13

When did you rebelieve again?

It was a Monday night.

Washington and Dallas.

I was excited and depressed at the same time.

My team on MNF!

Against my mortal enemy.

The dastardly Cowboys.

Only problem is I go to work at 4am and wouldn’t be able to stay up for the whole game.

And, unfortunately, after years of being trampled by my most hated enemy…..The Dastardly Cowpies, I figured we would lose AGAIN!

Don’t we always?

The first half was to say the least, depressing.

Here we go again.

This is like getting an electric knife in the gut twice a year for how many years?

I’d lost track.

I went to bed early in the 3rd quarter the saddest Redskin fan this side of the Mississippi.

I mean come on…..we were being shut out.

We were losing AGAIN!

Would we ever beat these poster boy ****s?

EVER????

I got up for work, and decided to stop by the Handi-Smell to grab a USA Today so I could get the bad news before my Cowpie loving co-workers showed up.

At least I’d be prepared for the ribbing I was going to endure….AGAIN!

I ripped straight to the sports section, and tried to focus on what I knew would be more depressing then death itself……another loss to those damn Cowpies.

Wait…….

Something’s not right.

How could this be?

14-13, and we won?

We Won?

It must be a typo.

Mustn’t it?

I read it again.

Two Brunell to Moss TD passes in the last two minutes to win 14-13.

WOW!

We Won!

WE WON!

We beat those lousy ****s in their own house.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

A grin slowly formed across my face.

A wonderfully hideous grin…..kinda (exactly like the Grinch)

I rubbed my hands together and laughed to myself (outloud)

Drool puddling at my feet.

We beat Dallas.

When was the last time that happened?

Hummmm……..Oh yeah, the very last game played at RFK stadium.

They were headed to the playoffs and we weren’t.

But we kicked their star headed asses anyway.

Even lit a replica Cowpie helmet on fire and threw it in the end zone after the final whistle.

That was sweeeeeet!

I have it on video somewhere. (In my closet, top shelf, to the left)

We beat Dallas.

Gibbs truly had returned.

There was much rejoicing.

I felt indestructible.

I felt like I could do no wrong.

I felt like a God.

I couldn’t wait for my Cowpie loving buddies to show up at work.

I plotted and planned.

I ambushed them in the breakroom.

I didn’t even say a word.

I just grinned.

You know, that heavenly evil wonderfully wicked grin?

Kinda (exactly like the Grinch)

They were, to say the least, pissed.

Totally humiliated.

I reveled in it.

I savored every drop.

After they left, I did the PeeWee big shoe dance.

That’s how happy I was.

And the best part wasn’t that we won (yes it was)

But more of the way we won.

Shocking them into oblivion in the last two minutes!

They probably still can’t believe it.

But I do.

And at that very moment, I truly rebelieved again.

Thanks Joe, for making my life worth living again.

And a special thanks for humiliating them again at Fed Ex 35-7!

That was sweeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!

Believe!

Hail!:point2sky

lordoftherings.JPG

:cheers:

That whole post bring back memories. When I fell asleep and woke up just before Moss first TD. And decided to stay up. I had chills reading your post and remembering that game and how I reacted thinking the game was over. The best night since Game 4 of the 05' NBA Playoffs Wizards @ Bulls.

Please avoid quoting long blocks of text. Thanks ~ihs

yea i felt the same way, having to go to skool the next day, i only saw the first quarter, then when i wake up the next day at 630 am im thinkin well well well we lost again, then my dad says the skins won, i'm like yea right but there it was on the news, kept showin Moss's TDs, and then at skool i rub it in the face of one of my friends who is a cowboy fan, then i rubbed it in his face again the day after we ran them out of Fed-Ex, and i did it this time by slowly unzipping my jacket to reveal my portis jersey, then later i said to him, hey this is how its gonna be from now on!!

:dallasuck :point2sky

[

Only problem is I go to work at 4am and wouldn’t be able to stay up for the whole game.

And, unfortunately, after years of being trampled by my most hated enemy…..The Dastardly Cowpies, I figured we would lose AGAIN!

Please avoid quoting long blocks of text. Thanks ~ihs

That whole post bring back memories. When I fell asleep and woke up just before Moss first TD. And decided to stay up. I had chills reading your post and remembering that game and how I reacted thinking the game was over. The best night since Game 4 of the 05' NBA Playoffs Wizards @ Bulls.

dont you mean game 5? when Arenas hit the GW shot at the buzzer

We never stopped believing.

More like when did you start rebelieving?

Does that make sense?

I was sitting on my couch living in Washington, IN at the time I started "rebelieving". The date was January 7, 2004, it was during the evening news' sports segment. I saw the face, and the 3 Lombardi trophies. The sportscaster announced that Joe Gibbs had returned to coach our beloved 'Skins! All I remember after that was that when the segment ended I was on my knees in the middle of the living room floor, and my wife was looking at me like I had just grown a third arm. Ever since that day I have believed we would return and win the Super Bowl under Joe's leadership.

:point2sky

I have to say I started believing when Gibbs was rehired as the coach. I loved how the defense played in 04 and how the team was playing as a unit. I saw a lot of good things on the horizon.

In the offseason I came to realize that Gardner and Coles didn't buy into Gibbs system and felt they were the week links in the system and why it didn't work. I knew we needed to get rid of both of them before we realized that Coles didn't want to be here.

When we traded Coles for Moss I started to get excited, because I originally wanted Moss over Gardner in '01. All the naysayers were saying how the Jets got the better end of the deal and we weren't going to win more than 4-6 games. I felt we would win 9 or 10 games and make the playoffs.

We are now good and only going to get better as Gibbs teams do not slack off. They play with heart and the players are Super Smart. Back in Gibbs I from 81-92 we didn't really have many stars, only players with heart. Most were overachievers that didn't pan our on other teams because the coaching wasn't as good.

Gibbs made Theisman, Williams, and Rypien better quarterbacks than they were or would've been on other teams.

Anyway, I started to believe the day Gibbs was rehired!!!

As soon as it was announced that he was going to be coach again. And that's no joke.

I'm with you PCS...when I was awakened by a co-wokers call to tell me the skins got JG to come back(I want to say it was a wed.)I was like you gotta be kidding me.

So I got on this site(of course),saw that it was true,told the wife were back and will be in the SB in 3 yrs. :cheers:

I watched the Chicago game, the first game of the season. A 9-7 victory.. which we won because we kept ourselves in the entire game, not giving up for a moment. I felt chills because growing up in the Gibbs era of the 80's, being behind at halftime never mattered because they fought the whole game and always found that adjustment or way to win when it mattered.

There was NO respect for Washington and Chicago at that point in the season.. the game was not even covered in HBO's Inside the NFL, and I endured those commentators the whole hour looking for it! That pissed me off, so the rest of the season I fast forwarded through all the commentators and into the highlight films.

For so many years pretty much each Dallas game has been a sick feeling in my stomach, no matter how hopeful I was. Not this time. Sweet revenge hung in the air. This was a game to make them hurt.

For most of the game it was pretty frustrating.. but 13 points. Only two scores. We are STILL in the game.. we have not thrown it away yet. No way will I miss this opportunity to see this LIVE!!!

Oh, I am so glad I stayed!! What excitement it was to dance around the room, fists pumping in the air, jumping up and down with each score! TAKE THAT!!! AND THAT!! AND NO FLAGS! No more of this self sabotage every time we make a play!

Sweeping Dallas is just as good as winning the Super Bowl!! Mwahahaha..

I'm honestly with the guys who say when we hired Gibbs back. But, I took a big jump in solidfying all my good feelings into a deep satisfaction with our second win over dallas this year. That was where it went from "I know it will and I can see it happening", to "I know it has and I just saw it happen."

I live on the West Coast so the Redskin / Cowboy MNF Game was over between 9:30 – 10:30 but I could not fall a sleep until about 1. I just remember when Santana scored his second TD I was thinking there is a lot of time left, please do not break my heart.

The game that had given me the believing that this season was special was the second game against Dallas @ Fed Ex Field. We beat a team convincingly that had owned us for the past 7 seasons and it was the highest margin of victory ever over the Cowboys. The Redskins were finally in a meaningful game in late December and won and were back in the playoff race!

:applause:

pl_202908.jpg

I started believing in Jan of 2004.

Yep. :cheers:

From the first time I heard for sure that Gibbs was coming back, I believed.

I knew it would be a "long, hard road" as Gibbs himself said, but I knew Gibbs would turn this team around, get it going in the right direction, an make it winner (and possibly a potential champion) again.

Yep. :cheers:

From the first time I heard for sure that Gibbs was coming back, I believed.

I knew it would be a "long, hard road" as Gibbs himself said, but I knew Gibbs would turn this team around, get it going in the right direction, an make it winner (and possibly a potential champion) again.

Yep. Me, too. But on that magical 14-13 night, I saw my belief in true form.

Great post, Skinfan63. :cheers:

Archived