Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Senior Bowl practice wrap up

brandies

http://www.gbnreport.com/seniorbowlreport.htm

Senior Bowl Wrap-up; Friday, January 27...

That’s a wrap!!!… As usual, there is plenty to chew on following the week of practice sessions at this year’s Senior Bowl in Mobile. The consensus is that year’s Senior Bowl lineup was more talented than last year’s. Indeed, as many as 15-20 participants in this week’s activities are expected to be selected in the first round of the 2006 draft, compared with just 10 last year. One also gets the feeling that there was a much smaller drop off in talent from the top tier guys this year than last. Interestingly, though, no one player really jumped out at this week’s Senior Bowl like former Auburn QB Jason Campbell did last in route to being a late first round pick by Washington at the 2005 draft. There still plenty of evaluating to do, but here is quick rundown of observations from Mobile before we pack and leave town.

In all honesty, I'd take campbell over any qb in this years draft. I really like his tangibles better than Leinhart, Young, or Cutler. He's got great mechanics, strength, power, very mobile, and he's from a winning mentality. Just my opinion but nonetheless im real happy with Campbell.

Truth be told until any of them play its hard to really say who will be better.

Miami WR Sinorice Moss

That's who I would like to see us get...unfortunately, he will be gone by our second round pick. :(

Having two receivers in the same mold could create a lot of matchup problems and serve as a security blanket in case Santana ever has to miss some time.

Would love to see it happen...and pick up a big-body FA WR to complement the Mosses and Patten.

I can dream, can't I???

Miami WR Sinorice Moss

That's who I would like to see us get...unfortunately, he will be gone by our second round pick. :(

Having two receivers in the same mold could create a lot of matchup problems and serve as a security blanket in case Santana ever has to miss some time.

Would love to see it happen...and pick up a big-body FA WR to complement the Mosses and Patten.

I can dream, can't I???

Right now Moss is projected in the late second to third round; who knows.

In all honesty, I'd take campbell over any qb in this years draft. I really like his tangibles better than Leinhart, Young, or Cutler. He's got great mechanics, strength, power, very mobile, and he's from a winning mentality. Just my opinion but nonetheless im real happy with Campbell.

Truth be told until any of them play its hard to really say who will be better.

LOL. he had 1 good college year and was a projected day 2 pick before it

you reached for him, he is brutal

let me see him come in next year like Eli did in year 2, finish top 5 in TD passes and yds passing like Eli did, and lead a top 3 offense like Eli did

On top of winning the division

He cant

let me see him come in next year like Eli did in year 2, finish top 5 in TD passes and yds passing like Eli did, and lead a top 3 offense like Eli did

He cant

Thats unbelievable you homer...

Simply unbelievable...

3 years from now i hope you come back, but you probally wont.

Sombody just ban this guy, He apparently is pissed of becuase he sees us hoping our rookie quarterback will be successfull in the NFL.

Reasons number 17823412469126421 to hate the Mannings and Giants fans.

P.S Good Job winning that division, you certainly deserved it. The New York Tikis are pretty....I mean the New York Giants are pretty good.

Miami WR Sinorice Moss

I can dream, can't I???

Simply not gonna happen. Sinorice doesn't want to play on the same team as Santana, he wants to make his own path. Santana said that in no uncertain terms in an interview the week of the Chiefs game. He was asked about the possibility of the Skins drafting Sinorice and flat out said that Sinirice wanted to play somewhere else. This coaching staff seems to be pretty big on their players wanting to play here. See Laverneous Coles and his 9 million dollar cap hit last year. So, Sinorice is out, plain and simple. We need to look elsewhere.

He cant

Yes and how about his record on the road and # of INT's he wound up with....oh guess your not gonna go there...

Simply not gonna happen. Sinorice doesn't want to play on the same team as Santana, he wants to make his own path. Santana said that in no uncertain terms in an interview the week of the Chiefs game. He was asked about the possibility of the Skins drafting Sinorice and flat out said that Sinirice wanted to play somewhere else. This coaching staff seems to be pretty big on their players wanting to play here. See Laverneous Coles and his 9 million dollar cap hit last year. So, Sinorice is out, plain and simple. We need to look elsewhere.

Santana never said Sinorice didnt want to play here in Washington. Santana said that he would rather not have to be on the same team as Sinorice based on the fact that he didnt want to have to see him struggle first hand, and that it mihgt be good for him to carve out his own path.

Yes and how about his record on the road and # of INT's he wound up with....oh guess your not gonna go there...

Heh, if Payton Manning cant get to the superbowl there is NO WAY in hell Eli is going to get there. Eli is a decent QB at this point in his career , Campbell hasnt even played a down yet so this argument is mute really unless we are talking about potential than Campbell is the guy.

Santana never said Sinorice didnt want to play here in Washington. Santana said that he would rather not have to be on the same team as Sinorice based on the fact that he didnt want to have to see him struggle first hand, and that it mihgt be good for him to carve out his own path.

Saying you would prefer to play elsewhere is the same thing as saying you don't want to play here, it's just the PC version. Of course he would play here if we drafted him, but I don't think he'd be entirely happy about it.

Couple this known preference with our coaching staff's beliefs on having players who want to be here, and you have a really strong case for Sinorice ending up somewhere else with a wish of good luck from the organization.

While I personally would not be adverse to having him as a player here, it's simply not a realistic expectation at all. Maybe the Jets will pick him up? LOL!

Archived