Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

madden

thesaftypin

Depends (I download the rosters from online...so Patten is out for the season) I tried using Sellers as a FB out of the backfield but he's butt crack slow so I have a three headed monster of Thrash/Farris/Jacobs.

yeah, i used the downloaded roster.. its like jacobs cant get open to catch the ball, thrash just isent fast enough,.. I put portis out there alot, and put betts in the backfield..... he has no problem getting open buts its about 50-50 when it comes to accually catching it...

just wondering, cause i play online like there's no tomorrow..and you can only throw to moss and cooley so many times

I know this is sorta belated, ... but im bored...

in madden, who do you use as the third option receiver (assuming cooley and moss are the first two) who do/would you use??

It depends, usually I just pop it to the fullback outta the backfield or Patten who is my slot reciever. Patten actaully is a better slot WR then a stater IMO.

It depends, usually I just pop it to the fullback outta the backfield or Patten who is my slot reciever. Patten actaully is a better slot WR then a stater IMO.

but sellers is slower than a rock w. an army pack on it... i only us him on short gain situations... pretty damn-(sorry) good..

Unfortunately I usually end up using the oppositions Safety as my third option. I cannot get my passing game going. I have a hard time remembering what the Max protect formation is.

HAHAHAHAHA!! So very honest of you. I'm not laughing at you, it's just rare to see someone be that honest about something such as that. Power to you!! You made my day for sure!!

I use the on-line rosters. I use them like this...

1. T. Jacobs

2. J. Thrash

3. S. Moss

4. A. Brown

I use Moss as my slot receiver and I will manually put him in on 1 and 2 WR formations.

I use Cooley as my TE

I use Sellers as my FB

I also bomb the ball deep to Portis, 80% guaranteed TD.

How about we turn this thread into a bit of a strategy session. Because I have issues with the passing game as well.

I never use Gibbs' playbook because of it having no Shotgun. I sometimes use the Run balanced Playbook, or maybe KC's. I find that online it's almost impossible to use Play Action because everybody blitzes every play. It seems like if you want to win you better learn how to shift your O-Line on passing downs. That's helped me a lot. Whenever I see a blitz coming from the right side, I just have my o line shift right. It helps, although the DBs are still a bit spectacular in this game. I've never seen a guy recover and bat a pass down when the WR is about 5-6 yards behind him. Or when the DB will jump like 5 feet in the air to deflect a pass, but he jumps off the wrong foot. It's ridiculous. Having said that you probably want to get used to using Precision Passing, and placing the ball on the WR's correct should to help prevent Super DB syndrome. So, if the DB is shading inside put the pass on the WR's outside shoulder, etc.

Either way, anybody have any good tips on the Passing game especially. Oh and to answer TheSaftyPin's question, I use Moss, Thrash, Jacobs and Farris, unfortunately.

1. T. Jacobs

2. J. Thrash

3. S. Moss

4. A. Brown

I use Moss as my slot receiver and I will manually put him in on 1 and 2 WR formations.

I use Cooley as my TE

I use Sellers as my FB

yeah, that would work, but when it comes to portis going deep... who's throwing it???? brunells bomb is ramsey's lob pass... ramsey just isent to great when it comes to accuracy

Oh also, speaking of QBs, I use either Brunell or Campbell. Brunell is good when you want to play the short passing game. Campbell seems to do okay with the short game, but he's got a great long ball. His accuracy is sometimes the only issue I have with Campbell. Brunell is very accurate, but the long ball is lacking.

I've had instances where I would throw a deep ball with Mark and it just floats giving the DB time to catch up with it. Campbell otoh can put the ball to the WR in stride. Ramsey throws a dart of a deep ball, and some times it too high or gets knocked down.

They have Cooley set as the starting FB. I change that to Sellers cause he is rated so much higher at pass and run blocking. If you play Cooley at TE then you loose a lot in blocking the way they have his blocking rated. I use Royal and he catches most of the passes I throw to him.

MC

I use play action w/ 2 TE set and 2WR. There is a play where if you flip the play patten (instead of moss) goes long, he can usually get seperation. Of course the pass to Moss works almost all the time! Really any Pa plays where the third wideout is running an out is a good play. I am into like my 4th franchise year and i drafted two awesome recivers!

I usually sim the first season and draft a big scrambling QB that the game draft engine generates.

Then, my lineup looks kind of like this:

WR1: Moss (run anything)

WR2: Thrash (run slants, hooks, ins, outs)

WR3: Patten

WR4: some rookie or FA (Brandon Finneran, sometimes. He's 6-5!!!!)

TE: Cooley

FB: Sellers

HB: Portis/Betts

Usually, Santana, James, and Cooley get all the catches. Sellers blocks, and CP racks up the yards.

I use the game's Gibbs playbook--it's nice and old-skool. Now that I'm into the 4th season of the franchise, I'll switch to Saunders for my offense playbook (I actually hired him about 4 weeks ago after the 2nd season!)

There's a great play-action in the Gibbs playbook: Use I-form, 2TE or I-form Close. Under 2 TE, it's called PA FB flare, I think. the TEs run posts or slants, the RBs go to the flat, and the WR runs a streak/fly. If the PA works, you get single coverage on a safety or CB. Fling the ball and use precision passing to lead the receiver. It's a 50 yard gain every time; most of the time, it's a touchdown. It works about 30-40% of the time; the rest of the time I overthrow, or the WR is double-covered.

I use Martz's West Coast offense b/c all the WRs (except Moss) are too slow. The short passing game neutralizes a lot of CBs speed, especially if they're giving you space. If the DBs are playing tight, I usually go over the middle to Cooley (my TE), CP in the flat, or throw to whichever WR is running a curl.

I definitely throw bombs to Moss on play-action, and occasionally line him up in the slot, if I can get a good matchup. Cooley can get downfield on play-action pretty well, so I use him too.

I've used KC's playbook a few times, and its pretty good. A lot of good shotgun formations, but lacks good stretch plays for running outside IMO.

Keep the strategy coming.

1. T. Jacobs

2. J. Thrash

3. S. Moss

4. A. Brown

I use Cooley as my TE

I use Sellers as my FB

How well does putting Moss at #3 work for you? Does the 1 or 2 cb usually end up covering him or does he get the chance to burn a safety or anything?

I use Martz's West Coast offense b/c all the WRs (except Moss) are too slow. The short passing game neutralizes a lot of CBs speed, especially if they're giving you space. If the DBs are playing tight, I usually go over the middle to Cooley (my TE), CP in the flat, or throw to whichever WR is running a curl.

I definitely throw bombs to Moss on play-action, and occasionally line him up in the slot, if I can get a good matchup. Cooley can get downfield on play-action pretty well, so I use him too.

I've used KC's playbook a few times, and its pretty good. A lot of good shotgun formations, but lacks good stretch plays for running outside IMO.

Keep the strategy coming.

the wide outs are pretty slow, and small as crap.

if you had two guys to atleast fling the bomb to all of that would be unstoppable, i never looked at the skins o as a 4 wide out type team..

im probably going to try it... but if it doesnt work... im blaming you...lol

Archived