Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe T on ESPN radio

TheNewU

Dan Patrick asked him about Art Monk not being in the Hall and Joe said it was all Peter King. He said that King has influence over the other writers, and that other writers have said that they did not vote for Art because King said he was not voting for him. As long as King is voting, Art will not make the Hall! One person should not make the difference, this is ridiculous.

It is well noted that Peter Kings stance is this "It is the HOF not the Hall of Very Good". How can you be a receiver and hold the record for most all time catches and not be great? At one point in his career Art Monk did his job (catching passes) better than anyone had ever done it before. He has 3 superbowl rings and was a GREAT TEAM PLAYER, it is beyond a joke now that he is not in. It is one persons petty stance that is keeping a great human being from getting the recognition he deserves.

What I fear is that one day Peter King himself could enter the Pro Football HOF as a journalist. This would be the second biggest travesty next to keeping Art Monk out.

Joe hit the nail on the head. That is why I really enjoy Joe T as a commentator, he tells it like it is. Flame away if you must, but that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

As for Peter King, it seems that now that things seem to be turning around for the Skins, that Peter King thinks a quick short piece and a couple compliments of the organization (mostly Dan Snyder) will somehow mask his unwillingness to admitt that he is biased towards our team. It is a shame that players (specifically Monk) who have meant so much to a team, a city and the entire NFL have to be ridiculed and bashed by some sports journalist who cannot appreciate what a huge contribution certain individuals have made.

The worst part about it is that he does not stick with the same formula he uses to deny MOnk, when evelauating other players coming up for the Hall. He twists around Monks stats and dissects them until they appear to be nothing. And I'm sorry, but not allowing another player who deserves the Hall of Fame honor to support your reason for not voting on Monkn does not make it seem any more of a logical decision. I get so angry thinking baout him . . . I need to go.

Hail to Redskins.

Joe said that two writers, not HOF voters BTW, have told him that there are voters who follow whatever lead Dick King gives them. (You can call him Peter too)

He did say though that he heard that Joe Gibbs has talked to King about it, and that he would now vote for Art. But he didn't say if he had heard that in the past and it never happened, or if had to do with this years vote.

Let's hope it happens this time around.

Well he's not going to live forever, right?

Dan Patrick asked him about Art Monk not being in the Hall and Joe said it was all Peter King. He said that King has influence over the other writers, and that other writers have said that they did not vote for Art because King said he was not voting for him. As long as King is voting, Art will not make the Hall! One person should not make the difference, this is ridiculous.

What are his arguments, bubba? Even he has to admit that the arguments for outweigh the arguments against.

Thanks.

I remember one arguement was that when talking to the Giants coaches back in the 80's, he says that they told him that Gary Clark was the guy they worried about and not Art Monk.

My reaction to this is, fine then champion Gary Clark's induction. But King doesn't even do that.

I hate that guy.

Can anyone dig through old SIs and find out if Monk dissed him/ blew him off for an interview, whatever? This doesn't make sense.

I find it very simple. King grew up (in his profession) as the Giants beat writer during Parcells days. He is a Giants fan and doesn't care for the Skins because they are a foe of the Giants. What troubles me is that his same arguement against Monk - that he was very good, not great is the same reasoning he uses as to why Carl Banks SHOULD be in the HOF. I think we should ask every coach in the NFL if they every schemed around Carl Banks - I bet the answer is zero. But ask if they schemed around Lawrence Taylor I bet the answer is different. Please don't tell that one of your reasons for voting in Monk is because Giants coaches were more worried about Clark.

I strongly believe that Art Monk was the reason Gary Clark was good. Art made the first down catches and got the offense moving so they could take their shots down field with Clark.

:2cents:

Let's go after King somehow... emails, etc., whatever...

That's simple. This may sound like a joke, but I'm very serious here. If you could somehow convince Snyder that having a HOF ceremony next season for Monk during a game(Monday night preferably)would make him a lot of money(through ticket sales, etc...), I'm sure that he would join the campaign against King in a heart beat. And let's face it, like Snyder or not, the man has money, which = power.

James Lofton 764 14,004 75

Steve Largent 819 13,089 100

Charlie Joiner 750 12,146 65

Paul Warfield 427 8,565 85

Lance Alworth 542 10,266 85

HOW MANY CHAMPIONSHIP RINGS DO THESE HALL OF FAMERS HAVE??? ZERO

Art Monk 940 12,026 68

CHAMPIONSHIP RINGS? 3

Vote Peter King into the ***hole Hall of Fame

Archived